PDA

View Full Version : Filipinos do u have to pay for packages?

GaryFifer
28th July 2008, 19:03
Hello everyone I hope you can help. I just have a wee rant here.

I send Jessica packages to Angeles. These are small A4 size packages. Under 2 kilo small packet Royal Mail. I am wondering, why do they charge Filipinos AGAIN. Jessica must take postal ID and money to pick up the packages. Note- I said SHE picks up the package. Lazy postmen?
I have already paid for postage. Why is she paying for a guy too lazy to deliver it? I can't imagine paying my postman for sitting on his :action-smiley-081:

nparvus1202
28th July 2008, 19:48
There is no law that you should pay again. It should be delivered. But the government is not taking seriously the complaint. The money that they are getting goes to their pockets not the government.

GaryFifer
28th July 2008, 19:55
wheres to say its illegal? Jessica gets a receipt.

andypaul
28th July 2008, 21:23
How were the parcels described?

Much is western tax.

But if the goods had a vaule then customs will tax. So worth bearing in mind if you did send something worth some money.

GaryFifer
28th July 2008, 21:34
I do the CN22 stickers always.Value is always less than 10 pounds.

andypaul
28th July 2008, 21:36
So its the westner tax:censored:

flomike
28th July 2008, 22:16
actually that's a common practice in Phil postal. My husband usually send me some small packages before (5 years ago) and the biggest value on it is only £20. He need to send it like register mail if not no way I can get it as postal in the Phils is so corrupt sad to say:NoNo:. Usually the postman will give me a card to collect it my self to a designated post office and need to pay Php30.00 that time not sure now.

yas
28th July 2008, 23:10
yap ive send my mom registered package under 2kilos and she still have to pay 35pesos when she pick it up in the post office that was just last june.

telford
29th July 2008, 02:52
it's really like that here,but for me its okay,theyre not asking that much.and you can get a receipt which means its legal and the money is for the govt.
but if you dont want their services,you can send it though fedex,dhl and the like... which cost you a fortune.

doonat
29th July 2008, 04:04
postman only deliver mails to your door. as for package you must personally claim it in their office, i usually pay 35 pesos (for a light weight shoe-box size) as "courier fee" accdg to them. my friend was charged 2k for big box (approx the size of 2 balikbayan boxes).

Tonet
29th July 2008, 05:12
I sent my phone last year (that phone was bought in philippines but when i bring it here no use, so i sent it back). my niece had to pay P1,800 for custom tax. then i sent her a perfume recently they asked her P500. then she said i'm not paying that and if you insist that i should then you can have it, i'm not gonna take/sign it hehe they give it to her without paying.

Ann07
29th July 2008, 13:53
yap ive send my mom registered package under 2kilos and she still have to pay 35pesos when she pick it up in the post office that was just last june.

same as me here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
29th July 2008, 14:15
Before my wife came to the UK I sent her a boxed Christmas card and she had to pay duty to collect that. :cwm23:
Iain.

A_flyer
29th July 2008, 17:39
I do the CN22 stickers always.Value is always less than 10 pounds.
If Customs things the value declared is underpriced, they can reevaluate the goods sent and apply a custom fee. It can happen in all countries.

They don't need to open the packet, just to x-ray it. Have a look on the security screen of the x-ray machine at the airport and you will be surprised how clear some things can be...

doonat
30th July 2008, 06:31
i hope so but most of my letters and package from uk and canada are partly torn. and they'll simply write a note on it "Arrived w/ tampered envelope" :icon_lol:

Mich
30th July 2008, 07:15
Yes it is true that we pay every time we pick up packages from the post office. I always pay P35.00 for each package that i get. It is a certain kind of tax. It was explained to me by the postman, i forgot what the tax was called :doh

charlwill
30th July 2008, 11:32
Couple of years back. I sent small packages to the Philippines using International Sign For by Royal Mail. My recipients has to collect it in the Philippines post office and they never paid even a single cents. We (me and my recipients) dont have the experience paying some charges.

IainBusby
30th July 2008, 15:54
Yes it is true that we pay every time we pick up packages from the post office. I always pay P35.00 for each package that i get. It is a certain kind of tax. It was explained to me by the postman, i forgot what the tax was called :doh

I think it's something like "Postman Tanduay Tax" but he probably gave it a more official sounding name. :D
Iain.

mdelg55
3rd August 2008, 09:07
Yes . is very annoying as we also sent a parcel to cebu and my wifes uncle paid 35 pesos....This is always happening in the Philippines....They pocket the money. We pay here already £11.50 and then ...........Is really upset me as I cant never understand why a pilipino want to rip off onother filipino....
Se la vie....

aromulus
3rd August 2008, 09:18
:23_116_6[1]::laugher:

I cant never understand why a pilipino want to rip off onother filipino....
Se la vie....

Pretty normal occurrence I dare say......:NoNo:

But if you happen to be a westerner, it gets amplified by a factor of 20....:cwm23:

doonat
3rd August 2008, 09:30
I think it's something like "Postman Tanduay Tax" but he probably gave it a more official sounding name. :D
Iain.

it wont matter a lot as long as it goes with an official receipt.

i just noticed tanduay is very familiar with europeans mixed with coke :Erm: