PDA

View Full Version : proxy sites?

joebloggs
25th July 2008, 21:08
anyone know i proxy site that i could use, that's not detected by content screening as a proxy site on a router :cwm24:

at work this forum is blocked as personal/dating site

and proxy sites are blocked to :doh

andypaul
25th July 2008, 21:26
you should be working not reading web pages.

We used to have two internet connections at work one official one and one which was added on for testing etc (honest) on that we blocked all of the company we worked for websites. it was mainly used for filesharing:NoNo:

Joe you would have been in heaven, so my suggestion is put in a proposal that you need your own internet link direct outside for research.

If you was hi tech you be using your moby:D

KeithD
25th July 2008, 21:31
You want a proxy server with no mention of proxy on it or in the code :Erm:

andypaul
25th July 2008, 21:59
You want a proxy server with no mention of proxy on it or in the code :Erm:

I want a bluetooth mains supply if you got one to go with my sky hook:D

joe who ever montiors your net connection would suss it once they check the ip surely what ever one you use?

joebloggs
25th July 2008, 22:16
i don't think they have anyone on site, as i've still haven't got email :xxgrinning--00xx3:, maybe they got a remote admin..

i don't even have a network login, so i'm using someone elses, so if an admin does look at the blocked site log, it will only show the pc, anyway what's wrong with going on the net in my 30 mins lunch break :D

thou am sure the pc b4 didn't have a screen saver on it, and the attribs weren't locked, maybe they changed the users rights for the person i login in as :icon_lol:

all the proxy sites i goggled, were blocked by the screening, says 'no proxy sites' so there must be a site i can visit that's disguised as a proxy ! but how would you find it :doh

andypaul
25th July 2008, 23:48
i don't think they have anyone on site, as i've still haven't got email :xxgrinning--00xx3:, maybe they got a remote admin..

i don't even have a network login, so i'm using someone elses, so if an admin does look at the blocked site log, it will only show the pc, anyway what's wrong with going on the net in my 30 mins lunch break :D

thou am sure the pc b4 didn't have a screen saver on it, and the attribs weren't locked, maybe they changed the users rights for the person i login in as :icon_lol:

all the proxy sites i goggled, were blocked by the screening, says 'no proxy sites' so there must be a site i can visit that's disguised as a proxy ! but how would you find it :doh

But any site admin would see that site and go hmm a proxy site surely when i meant i.p i meant ip of webpage.
Many just work off lists

Many companies will object to you going on the net for non work purposes if you actually brought it up in a formal conversation with your boss in front of his boss for example...
I know both our comapany phones, laptops and internet connections we are only suppose to use for business for tax reasons im led to belive
but in reality they dont really care if you use now and then.

Its like telephones most will allow for quick family calls etc but not hours of calls

Banana
23rd August 2008, 18:59
JoeBloggs, surely that nice Mr Win2Win will install one on his server for you :)

Banana
23rd August 2008, 19:00
Er.....forget that stupid idea :D