PDA

View Full Version : Nurses in London

jomed
25th July 2008, 08:40
can anyone help me?..Im a registered nurse here in the Philippines. Wellington Hospital in London sent an offer of employment to me. They told me that i'm going to pay for my visa and when i get there i can fully reimburse it. I will pay them thru western union. can anyone advise me? is it ok to pursue this?
Is it possible to work in London without any exams being taken? thank you

trina
25th July 2008, 08:43
hi jomed..
as far as i know for you to work as a nurse in the UK...you must registered with the NMC...and for you to be able to that you have atleast a band 7 score in IELTS...atleast 1 year hospital experience...
I am a registered nurse too...and waiting for my spouse visa.....:):):)

Frances
25th July 2008, 08:45
Do not rush be wise check them out at POEA.Once you send you may not hear from them again.Good luck!

KeithD
25th July 2008, 08:47
Anything that mentions Western Union is usually a scam, as no official body in the UK would use a non-traceable money network.

keithAngel
25th July 2008, 08:55
here is there general enquiry address

Wellington.enquiryhelpline@hcahealthcare.co.uk

Piamed
25th July 2008, 09:54
can anyone help me?..Im a registered nurse here in the Philippines. Wellington Hospital in London sent an offer of employment to me. They told me that i'm going to pay for my visa and when i get there i can fully reimburse it. I will pay them thru western union. can anyone advise me? is it ok to pursue this?
Is it possible to work in London without any exams being taken? thank you
The Wellington is a top private hospital. I can't imagine them doing anything like that so you should contact them directly and verify this.

walesrob
25th July 2008, 10:10
I agree with Keith - the Western Union bit is the giveaway, looks like a scam.

I've noticed this happening quite a bit - scammers will target genuine hospitals or hotels in central London to lure job seekers to send them money thru WU.

IainBusby
25th July 2008, 11:16
It's a SCAM, Don't do it.

No hospital would ask you to send money through Western Union.

winner
25th July 2008, 11:41
to ture dont do it thay have lots of nurses looking for jobs here all over the uk

CyRob
25th July 2008, 11:45
Hi Jomed,

Yes.. It's true.. DON'T DO IT.. Have to verify before you pursue..

pennybarry
25th July 2008, 12:46
100% SCAM. My customer at shop was a victim of that scam. He sent 800£ thru western Union and after that nothing happened. I gave advised but to no avail.

cinmickey28
25th July 2008, 14:54
I agree with the rest in this forum. I have just came across at the jobcentreplus website (www.jobcentreplus.co.uk) and have this advert posted.

"RNA or RGN Level 1 required. Required to work at a residential nursing home, providing care for 35 elderly residents. 'To register as a nurse or midwife in the UK visit (www.nmc-uk.org)' 'Successful applicants are required to provide a Enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by Applicant'. 'If you are applying for this position from outside the UK, please apply by phoning Anita Oneill on 01797 362248 for an application form LMS ref 115060."

Maybe it is worth checking the site above.

joebloggs
25th July 2008, 19:13
:icon_lol:

the hospital would have to apply for a work permit for you, and they want you to pay :NoNo: by western union :D, i don't think a hospital would ever ask you for money ..

PNA UK
28th July 2008, 08:05
Hello,

As far as we know, this method of employing you is not standard and looks highly irregular as it does not comply with a lot of other recruitment factors widely and currently used here in the UK.

Our advise is for you to personnally follow-up with the HR department of the hospital and not use any contact details provided to you by the "recruiter" as this may already be fixed.

Good Luck.

Philippine Nurses Association of UK

(admin@pnauk.org.uk)

rhemztein_91
25th December 2008, 17:47
hi!
yes,i agree with them its a scam..dont pay or you just throw your money in the air...

>>>anyway can you give me some idea where to apply or what should i do to work there in any health related works? I'm a nursing grad from phillippines without the local board, someone suggest me to apply for NVQ but they ask me to pay 2000-3000 pounds for the school, visa, lodging for 1 week upon arriving and the air fare and the processing time for 2-3 months..please help me what to do..thank you!

rhem

joebloggs
25th December 2008, 21:37
hi!
yes,i agree with them its a scam..dont pay or you just throw your money in the air...

>>>anyway can you give me some idea where to apply or what should i do to work there in any health related works? I'm a nursing grad from phillippines without the local board, someone suggest me to apply for NVQ but they ask me to pay 2000-3000 pounds for the school, visa, lodging for 1 week upon arriving and the air fare and the processing time for 2-3 months..please help me what to do..thank you!

rhem

there will be some changes soon which could effect people on NVQ courses, you will have to spend 50% of time in the class room now, meaning you could be earning a lot less than they tell you, or what you think you could earn :NoNo:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=12668

ghey2
4th February 2009, 10:56
Hi there. I am an RN working in a tertiary hospital for less than a year. I am aware of the requirements needed for me to work in the UK however, I have been trying to research if a Nurse who wishes to work in the UK -- London or Bath in particular -- can bring their spouse who is a Filipino non-nurse with them to the said country.

Hope someone can shed light on this one. Thanks in advance.:)

joebloggs
4th February 2009, 14:34
Hi there. I am an RN working in a tertiary hospital for less than a year. I am aware of the requirements needed for me to work in the UK however, I have been trying to research if a Nurse who wishes to work in the UK -- London or Bath in particular -- can bring their spouse who is a Filipino non-nurse with them to the said country.

Hope someone can shed light on this one. Thanks in advance.:)

yes they can apply for a dependent visa

lonelyheart
6th February 2009, 11:48
no employers in the uk particularly public sector would ask you to do this and ask you to send money in that fashion be very careful my dear there are many
con merchants out there.