PDA

View Full Version : Where is the LOVE.....?

giants
22nd July 2008, 14:45
Hi everyone,

I am not directing this message to everyone who has a foreign husband or wife. This thread doesn't deal in general nor anybody in particular.

First I just want to give my deepest apology that come from my heart to anyone who might got struck by some sensitive matters this thread would do.

It is so annoying for me to see some message like "Filipina looking for British guy", "Pinay looking for a relationship", "Filipina wants a friend in UK". It was so disgusting, aren't you have enough friends in the Phill? Isn't a relationship build from a friendship? What's goin on with you people. I know our country in in a deep **** hole, but you don't need to sell yourself just to get out of there. And what?the easiest thing is to marry someone you haven't seen or someone you barely know. It's all because of the MONEY, CASH that will make your life easier but where is LOVE? Where is the months or years of courting getting to know each other. It was a shame that some people uses their body just to get what they want. Oh come on let's just be honest for ourself even just once. Why do you go online and look for husband (chatmate?you big LIAR) while you got a lot of suitors around you.....why? Because you don't want to be on the deep black hole of poverty, you want to get rich, you want to help your family, but where is the LOVE? Well, I guess Filipinas are getting into the wave of the 21st century. I do salute OFW fathers who works on the fields of Middles east torturing their body to the heat and hard work, to those seaman who seldom see the ground for months, to OFW mothers who works as DH, working so hard yet still maltreated and sometime killed. I really satute this people specially the Filipina mother who works hard just to give better future to their family. But some chooses the other way around. Uses their body, beautiful faces, flirting ability and charisma online that somehow a rich foreigner gets on their way and finally ask her to marry him. How easy to get rich right? It really annoys me to see Filipina walking and all over her foreign boyfriend or husband. Well you really need to hug him that much cause he might slip away then you find yourself going home. What annoys me more is that they don't even smile if they saw some of their fellow countrymen.What a bitch.

But I am not referring this in general, I do have friends who get married to foreigners, they've been together abroad for a long time before settling down.First they became friends as they're working on the same company, they get along and living happily. That's what a good marriage should be building from years of friendship, deeper relationship and finally settling down to marriage now we can say there is a genuine LOVE there. You can't find LOVE online, on the chat room cause people tells 90% lies online.

Again I have no againts racial couples if your marriage was built form years not months of true friendship, to courting, to a deeper realationship then I do beleive this is true LOVE and really devoted to each other, but if you've only knew the guy for months and barely knew him at all I guess your marriage is more on financial security reason and not LOVE. Come on that's 100% true but don't you worry foreign guys knows it all along. Foreign guys (specially the old ones) needs companions, caring, some bit of love maybe and you need finacial security...hhhhhmmm seems fair enough.

This thread will means nothing to someone whom it will not apply for so don't be so defensive......cheers

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 15:21
Hmmn! I suspect you will get a few replies to this posting you have made. I have some responses in mind but before I sit down to write them, would just enquire where you are coming from with this thread?

This site is primarily targeted to those with an interest (direct or otherwise) in a Brit Phil relationship. It is an info site that facilitates the sharing of specific and useful information to that segmented group of individuals.

With that in mind, can you please elucidate the specific and measurable objectives behind this thread?

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 15:46
Hmmn! I suspect you will get a few replies to this posting you have made. I have some responses in mind but before I sit down to write them, would just enquire where you are coming from with this thread?

This site is primarily targeted to those with an interest (direct or otherwise) in a Brit Phil relationship. It is an info site that facilitates the sharing of specific and use information to that segmented group of individuals.

With that in mind, can you please illucidate the specific and measurable objectives behind this thread?

yes, you are right amigo:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
22nd July 2008, 16:11
"Scouser looking for Manc slapper"
"Old swingers in London looking for similar up North"
"Welsh Lady looking for Irish lovin"

You'll find just as many cross 'Ads' for any anyone, any sex, any place, any country, any sexual preference...etc.....you muppet....why are you just picking on one lot then? Racism!!! :doh Jealousy!!! :doh Uneducated!! :doh

What is a foreigner? Someone from England looking for someone in Wales? Would they then be heretics? Burn them :D

We have a very big picture, and you are looking at it through a very small window

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 16:12
giants couples here in the forum are different the relationship as husband and wife are genuine.

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 16:15
We have a very big picture, and you are looking at it through a very small window
I could not agree more! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
22nd July 2008, 16:59
ok you hooked me, I met my wife in Hong Kong in 2003, we married in Dec 2005 and had our first child in 2008, where is the problem, she did not set out to marry a foriegner in fact I had a lot persuading/courting/convincng to do and one reason she even entertained the idea of being with a foriegner was her very unhappy experiences with lying, cheating and robbing Filipino men!! By the way she worked from the age of 19 in Singapore and Hong Kong and has her own money/property. We absolutely love each other and like others wonder what your motive for this thread is.

We all know there are gold diggers out there but that is the same throughout the world, try a russian mail orderr bride site!!

So why single out filipinas?

winner
22nd July 2008, 17:04
when i meet my wife for the first time on the internet she was looking for love neve ask me for anythnk all she said be ture and honest and that was over 4 years ago and now we are married and have beautiful baby girl thats love not money and wanting a better life does not matter were you live tent or house rich or poor love will see you through i know what your saying people just knowing each other for only afew weeks and getting married but thats life and a gamble

scott&ligaya
22nd July 2008, 17:47
Where do you get the idea that Filipinos do not have that culture, "marrying up" or social climbing exists in all societies and if you went to subic anytime in th last 40 years there were plenty of filipinas marrying up!. Are you saying that it is okay if a young filipina marries a well to do filipino man that is ok but not if he happens to be a foriegner? I have done business with Senior Filipino Execs at PLDT, PAL, Fortune Tobacco and SM and nearly all of them are messing around their often younger wifes so maybe the filipina is right to look abroad after all

PeterB
22nd July 2008, 17:51
Ruby was attempting to contact her sister, who was in Dubai (having been conned by a filipino), when I came along and invited her to chat with me. Despite cultural and age differences, I can say that we truly do have a marriage based on love.

However, I do have to agree with you - there seem to be many filipinas seeking to find relationships online and who will latch onto the first foreign male who shows a serious interest, no matter how unlikely the match may seem. When I have advised filipinas to give up on a relationship, the usual response is: "But I really do love him". I fail to see how anyone can be so committed to another person before they have actually met in person.

In my case, I was pretty certain that Ruby and I had a good basis for a relationship, but neither of us was prepared to make a commitment before my first visit.

Oh, I might also mention that Ruby had been tricked by a Filipino (school mate) before we first met online.

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 17:53
Here we go.....

Again can't you read people as I've this thread is not intended to all interracial couple I am referring to some Filipinas who seek foreign marriage not based on LOVE but financial security.......I am just bursting out my opinion.....stop the childish attitude grow up and let's talk.

Racism? Jeolousy? Uneducated? :ARsurrender: Kidly read again will you, you're missing something I guess :Cuckoo:Giants, I welcome open and constructive debate. You expressed your opinion and I believe both Keith and I expressed our own also. Your resultant categorisation of these alternative opinions is, at best rather insulting and totally uneccessary.

That's why as I've said Filipinas are tuning in the wave of the 21st century, you yourself had already compared yourself to other western women...see what I meanI have no idea what you are trying to illustrate here. Can you explain? Please note that I am male and any suggestion otherwise is born out of mischievous gossip. :)

OK just for the sake of argument......here's the question then...

ARE INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE (filipina and foreign husband) BASED ON LOVE OR FINANCIAL SECURITY?

NOW ANSWER THAT ONE WITH ALL YOUR HEARTSThe obvious answer to that is surely "it depends". Any other expectation or assumption would indicate bias, a lack of objectivity and narrowmindedness. You are attempting to leave no scope for the individuals involved in a relationship. Whether it's a filipina with a Pakistani, British or Ossie partner, their individual contexts would have to be evaluated to make any form of interpretation.

What is your objective with this thread?

We absolutely love each other and like others wonder what your motive for this thread is.

...So why single out filipinas?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

when i meet my wife for the first time on the internet she was looking for love neve ask me for anythnk all she said be ture and honest and that was over 4 years ago and now we are married and have beautiful baby girl thats love not money and wanting a better life does not matter were you live tent or house rich or poor love will see you through:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are trying to celebrate women who determine to seek out financially challenged husbands and who also seek to lower their personal circumstances? Noone does that. That would be irresponsible.

Surely, any woman would want to marry someone they loved and who could provide for them and their family. This would occur whether the parties in question were both British, Nigerian, Mexican, or whatever.

If a 20 year old woman determined that she wanted to marry a wealthy 85 year old millionaire, that is their choice. It has nothing to do with anyone else. Clearly, you have your views but if you are attempting to judge others, I would suggest to you that is not a constructive thing to do.

That's just my view of course! :)

Ann07
22nd July 2008, 17:55
well said amigo:xxgrinning--00xx3:

misscarie
22nd July 2008, 17:58
they come online to find theyre Love there :) it is not a problem to have a short term relationship to ur bf/gf/ now husband/wife. And who cares if we found a foreign partner,we choose for ourself but who give us to them? I met my hubby online and we spent years chatting , emailing ,texting , calling each other. By then ,we used to get to know each other by using this computer.It is better than penpal eh? i mean sending love letter through fedex,LBC,Fax n Parcel that cost too much than chatting ... atleast we have a webcam to see who we chatting to and not guessing if ur chatmates is a transexual or wat...i know to myself that i have a true and genuine relationship with my hubby even tho i met him online.I fully love him that Money Can't Buy.

misscarie
22nd July 2008, 18:05
Are trying to celebrate women who determine to seek out financially challenged husbands and who also seek to lower their personal circumstances? Noone does that. That would be irresponsible.

Surely, any woman would want to marry someone they loved and who could provide for them and their family. This would occur whether the parties in question were both British, Nigerian, Mexican, or whatever.

If a 20 year old woman determined that she wanted to marry a wealthy 85 year old millionaire, that is their choice. It has nothing to do with anyone else. Clearly, you have your views but if you are attempting to judge others, I would suggest to you that is not a constructive thing to do.

May Tama Ka! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so kuya toks , how was ur dinner :D :icon_lol:

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 18:06
I fail to see how anyone can be so committed to another person before they have actually met in person.

I know where you are coming from there Peter but I have heard similar statements such as I don't understand how:
someone can love a much older partner
someone could go out with a black guy
someone could mary a non-filipino guy
some could marry a filipina
someone could meet someone online

Many things we don't understand are really quite clear to others. Love can make many things crystal clear to the extent that the conventional expectations/wisdoms of an individual become obsolete.

Piamed
22nd July 2008, 18:08
May Tama Ka! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so kuya toks , how was ur dinner :D :icon_lol:

Masarap salamat amiga ko! Very tasty thanks my friend.

Only had Weetabix, with Shredded Wheat, and Rice Krispies...hehehe. Breakfast really!

scott&ligaya
22nd July 2008, 18:12
Giants, if it not a personal question, what is your status, are you in a fil/foreign relationship? have you had a bad experience in such a relationship?, are you a filipino guy who thinks he is competing on an uneven payaing field? again what are you motives for this thread? I have witnessed large age gap and mixed culture marriages/relationships, some work some do not just like any other marriages so what's your point?

KeithD
22nd July 2008, 18:24
:Hellooo: Plonker. The last thing people usualy do on here is tell me how to run MY forum. :action-smiley-081: :doh

DaveUK
22nd July 2008, 19:03
I wondered how long it would take Giants to get him/herself banned. Apparently only as long as it took me to get home from work! :-)

kimmi
22nd July 2008, 19:11
well Dave, Giant is banned already..

andypaul
22nd July 2008, 22:02
God forbid somebody wants a multicultral relationship or do something different.

Im sure the first OFW were accused of deserting the country.

Well done for showing your true colours mr or mrs bigot.

marylen
23rd July 2008, 02:20
lets face it...nothing is really wrong on what giants trying to say it here, were not affected anyway as we all know in ourselves that we are doing and following what our heart says for...I myself have some points of view with some of other women but to the fact that its not only filipina who do things such as....so many in particular...Its no good either to used word such as FILIPINA alone. I would surely against it so....

I met my husband online few years back, almost 3yrs of relationship before deciding to get married as we both need to be sure in whatever involves..We just got married and I finally ended up pregnant after a long journey...so what if we met online? so what if i chose him to stay and be with him for the rest of my life....? Nothing is wrong on that in fact we're happy...Everybody is...And so glad that we are all happy in whatever decission we made....whatever lies on....we don't really care.................In whatever by means through chat or what.....................its none of your damn business.....At least at the end we're proud of what success we made, for having a successfull marriage is what count most, and for having a pretty/handsome fil/brit kiddies nothing can bet our happiness..... well................sorry WE GOT IT ALL..... right guys?

KeithD
23rd July 2008, 09:01
...nothing is really wrong on what giants trying to say it here......
I have deleted all his other posts by the way :rolleyes:

Pepe n Pilar
23rd July 2008, 11:09
You're just concentrating on those couples wherein she is poor, younger and less educated. He is richer, is old and has higher educational attainment. Why did you say filipinas marry for money? :omg::NoNo: I'm pretty sure you haven't heard or met filipinas who married foreign nationals wherein she has properties, has an education, and business back home? She has a 5 bedroom house (Each bedroom has its own toilet and bath), has cars, driver and housemaids? The only difference is He is living in a rich country and so he is more priveleged. Have you ever thought of the changes in the life of a filipina when she stays abroad? She does all the household chores and away from her family and friends.... it's because of true and genuine love for her husband that makes all things possible for her:). It is because Philippines belongs to the 3rd world country and so then you thought that every filipina has that kind of thinking as well..... MARRY FOR MONEY:NoNo:

KeithD
23rd July 2008, 11:32
I'd marry Elton John for money :yikes: :action-smiley-081:

vbkelly
23rd July 2008, 12:38
huh giants your banned im wond'ring how small you are now,lonely man.

Geraldine
23rd July 2008, 16:30
Its true, there are some women (not only Pinays mind you) who are only after the money however there are alot who are in a genuine relationship.

I do patronize the OFWs for their hardwork and sacrifices, and so does the women here who work hard as well to send money to their families back home.

ash_joy2008
23rd July 2008, 17:49
first are you jealous?wats going on with ur head...yes,we have ambition in life but its not mean were using the foriegner its diffinitely wrong..im married to my hubby when i was 19 i know im very young that time but,im thinking about my future(im sure nothing wrong to have an ambition in life) its not all about money,i love my husband his my everthing and my my kids..we, i sacrificed enough living my family back home and thats the saddest thing happen to me..the main thing is me and my children are happy happy here...loser have u had ur dinner yet?sounds like ur not eating....heheee

misscarie
23rd July 2008, 17:56
hi ash...calm down lol ... as long as we're happy to our love one's eh thats the most important thing :) i havent sleep yet :( but i eaten :D

Piamed
23rd July 2008, 19:00
hi ash...calm down lol ... as long as we're happy to our love one's eh thats the most important thing :) i havent sleep yet :( but i eaten :D

Hehe! What did you eat amiga? I pray that you have a really restful night now that your wait is over. Just try to relax and enjoy your time with the family. God bless you.

gazlou
23rd July 2008, 20:20
I know lots of Filipina who married a foreigner near we lived. One, her husband is always ill, she always had a time off at work just to look after him, her husband is a lot older than her, she could find a young English man but that is she loves him. Some people thinks we only married them for money, most of them have'nt got none anyway. We maybe married them just to get out in the country (I've been honest here guyz) but we love and look after them and their family.

Piamed
23rd July 2008, 20:51
I know lots of Filipina who married foreigner near we lived. One, her husband is always ill, she always had a time off at work just to look after him, her husband is a lot older than her, she could find a young English man but that is she loves him. Some people thinks we only married them for money, most of them have'nt got none anyway. We maybe married them just to get out in the country (I've been honest here guyz) but we love and look after them and their family.

Hi Gazlou. Thanks for your honesty. It is true that marrying and moving abroad is an attractive proposition for many people in da Phils. Nothing wrong with that at all. Marrying a filipina is a particularly attractive proposition for many guys from the West also.

Additionally, it should be said that only few would marry someone they did not love and intend to live with indefinitely as husband and wife, just to be here. Similarly, few men here would marry the first filipina they meet just so that they can have a filipina wife.

I suspect that many of the men who have married wives that did not really love them and were after other agendas, did so with some suspicion and yet acceptance for their own personal reasons.

Each to their own! Although like anyone I would initially raise an eyebrow at something I have not seen before or do not understand, I would not judge as 1, its not right and 2, I would not know the true circumstances behind the decisions made.

ash_joy2008
23rd July 2008, 21:07
hahaaaa..yes,just finish my dinner..i cook tanghon/bihon really tasty lol...:)

ash_joy2008
23rd July 2008, 21:09
thanks s u message amiga haaa..takecare

misscarie
24th July 2008, 18:04
What did you eat amiga?

oh kuya toks , i have Lugaw here with Laman Loob Ng Baboy :D ( ask ate pia )

Congrats anyway :)

half.k
30th July 2008, 14:26
I'd marry Elton John for money :yikes: :action-smiley-081:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd say I would too, but he's gay... hahaha

KeithD
30th July 2008, 15:12
.... but he's gay.....

Bummer :rolleyes:

GaryFifer
30th July 2008, 15:21
Anyone who starts a conversation with SORRY IF I WHAT I SAY HURT YOU, I know its bullshit. Why so much anger? is there something missing in your life? 90% lies online? Did you take a survey or something?Where do you get your facts?

Piamed
30th July 2008, 16:07
Anyone who starts a conversation with SORRY IF I WHAT I SAY HURT YOU, I know its bullshit. Why so much anger? is there something missing in your life? 90% lies online? Did you take a survey or something?Where do you get your facts?

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hilda_danao
30th July 2008, 18:32
For me the best thing that ever happened to me is falling in love with a young and handsome foreigner who can also support me financially. what's wrong with that?

bornatbirth
30th July 2008, 20:42
For me the best thing that ever happened to me is falling in love with a young and handsome foreigner who can also support me financially. what's wrong with that?

theres nothing wrong with that.

btw can he help me too?

LEAHnew
31st July 2008, 11:02
theres nothing wrong with that.

btw can he help me too?

:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::ARsurrender: