aprilove
24th October 2003, 23:33
Hi anybody there!

dreamaster
21st February 2004, 16:57
hi there :)

Admin
24th February 2004, 11:01
I haven't met anyone yet who misses the Philippines!! Family members yes, but not the country, and many nurse here bring their families over, either for a holiday or to stay.

kashem
12th March 2004, 17:26
hie its kashem from uk ilike to make friend ship with pilipino girls if you are a girl and likr to make pal i am waiting for yours mail.thanks, ;D :-*

ginapeterb
4th June 2004, 20:41
Ok who is homesick ? my name is Pete and Im sick of the home.....sick of being in UK.....I was born here as were so many of my people.....we go back to 1066 when the Normans invaded.....thats why we anglos are not sure whether we originated in Normandy......France.........or we were Anglo Saxons.........if we were......we were probably serfs.........under the feudal land owning scheme......we may have come from Richard the 1st of England and his Norman people........but apart from that we have been here just under a 1000 years............so in short I am sick of this place...........does that count as home sickness.........if so.....any filipinos who are home sick........give me a shout.....we know how you feel.......I want to be in the Philippines too........nice weather......good food......Sang Miguel....my woman......hehehehe ok who wants to chat then ?? I am waiting.

Best wishes.................UK is not so bad.....white cliffs of Dover and all that.....afternoon tea........country homes............England football team.....Posh and Becks.........Ye Olde English pubs......Fish and Chips.....Corrie......Eastenders....Emerdale...the Bill...........John Prescott.........it could be worse.

Admin
6th June 2004, 23:43
As soon as my lad leaves school next year (lives with my daughter at my ex's), I'll be living between Singapore, Florida & here (rural N Wales).

This country just gets too much with it's ZERO criminal law, and taxation, but it's always nice to have a base I can come back to here.

gm47
7th July 2004, 14:23
As soon as my lad leaves school next year (lives with my daughter at my ex's), I'll be living between Singapore, Florida & here (rural N Wales).

This country just gets too much with it's ZERO criminal law, and taxation, but it's always nice to have a base I can come back to here.

Love Singapore......Hate the uk.....thinking about buying a holiday home in Florida......was thinking about the Philippines.....where do you think is best Keith ? I see that you wrote that you don't know of anyone that misses the Philippines.....should I look elsewhere ?

Admin
8th July 2004, 11:47
The majority of Filipinos will do anything to get out, but if you've visited their cities you would understand why, especially in Mindanao with the added terrorism problems. Just so happens that is where the missus's family lives, and our house is!!

Cebu & the other Northern places are better though, as long as it's away from the cities. You won't get the bright lights of Vegas though, everything is a dull brown!!

Crime is the same as anywhere, depends where you live. I wouldn't want to be there full time though.

ginapeterb
23rd July 2004, 11:06
My own experience of the Philippines differs to some, I think that the life in the Philippines in some ways is better than UK if of course you have money !!!! its not so good if you are broke which quite frankly you would not be there as a Brit if you were.

You can be broke here its better..... but the houses are certainly bigger and cheaper to build.....land is cheaper to obtain......although you have to accept in the Philippines that things are not done the same as here in the UK......ok you hve to get used to Chickens crossing the road.........water bulls and other large roaring animals tied up at the side of the road......are common......and getting things done in the Phils seems to be a problem........we all accept that...but when you do accept these things of living in another country which does things differently......I still think the quality of life can in some circumstances be better than here in UK.
The weather is mainly great nice hot and sunny, although sometimes during the day it can be oppressive, but Cebu and the Western Visaya cities are smoggy and polluted but that something you have to accept if you go there.

Obtaining your water supply in water bowsers is common in some housing........but again its learning to adapt to the Philippines and once you do its part of life that you lead...........I guess one has to weigh up the differences.