PDA

View Full Version : How long for spouse visa?

grate-britte
18th July 2008, 15:18
I'm just posting this to see how people are doing with their visa applications during the busy Summer season and given that the Embassy relocated offices last week. My wife submitted her spouse visa application on 20th June 2008 and she is staying with family near Manila, partly because she anxious about travelling on ferry boats to Romblon even at the best of times.

So it is a tough time waiting especially as I had to fly back to London 3 days after the wedding. Well we did have a sort of mooneyhun before the wedding.

My sympathy to all of you whose boat is becalmed. My thanks to the many experts who have been through the process and who continue to post in such a generous manner.

trina
18th July 2008, 15:25
hi grate-britte...

well the usual processing is up to 12 weeks-3 months...

telford
18th July 2008, 15:36
I'm just posting this to see how people are doing with their visa applications during the busy Summer season and given that the Embassy relocated offices last week. My wife submitted her spouse visa application on 20th June 2008 and she is staying with family near Manila, partly because she anxious about travelling on ferry boats to Romblon even at the best of times.

So it is a tough time waiting especially as I had to fly back to London 3 days after the wedding. Well we did have a sort of mooneyhun before the wedding.

My sympathy to all of you whose boat is becalmed. My thanks to the many experts who have been through the process and who continue to post in such a generous manner.

To all those who are waiting for their visa, just relax and enjoy yourself with your family and friends in Philippines, you'll gonna miss them surely.
Now since summer and the embassy are moving, just dont expect that you can have it soon.
Atleast last 2006, we are lucky coz mostly of us just got their visa in less than a week. Like me, I got it in 3 days only...
Anyway, it's ok if you have to wait for few weeks, as long as you can have it and you will not be denied.
Good luck to all of you who applied for their visa.

maria_and_matt
18th July 2008, 15:45
hey grate-britte..

my best friend got married mid june, and we just picked her up at the airport today :D

grate-britte
18th July 2008, 16:15
Does her surname begin with "A" ? Mine is "W" so I always had time to wake up when they called the register at school.

maria_and_matt
18th July 2008, 16:21
Does her surname begin with "A" ? Mine is "W" so I always had time to wake up when they called the register at school.

hers starts with a 'G' ... i think nowadays if your papers are in order it would not take to long... goodluck hope she gets her visa soon

trina
18th July 2008, 21:38
hey grate-britte..

my best friend got married mid june, and we just picked her up at the airport today :D

that's so quick..... are you sure???:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

maria_and_matt
18th July 2008, 23:09
that's so quick..... are you sure???:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

yup, picked them up at heathrow today! :D:D

trina
19th July 2008, 00:03
when did she applied??? how many weeks????:omg::omg::omg:

maria_and_matt
19th July 2008, 09:47
when did she applied??? how many weeks????:omg::omg::omg:

applied a week before the wedding, i dont think her husband was not too keen on her giving birth in the philippines, he stayed there processed her visa and travelled back here together, i think in total she got her visa in less than 3 weeks

joroco
21st August 2008, 20:39
My wife's visa was granted on appeal here in London on May 13th 2008. The British Embassy were informed, and she got a phone call at the end of July. She sent her passport to the embassy which arrived next day. Though they informed her it would be ready in a week and returned by courier, she picked it up in person around the 16th August, and will arrive here in about nine hours from now. So three months is about right.

angel2008
22nd August 2008, 00:46
My surname begins with A hahaha. I applied my visa June 13 and got it Aug 13. Exactly 2 mos. Maybe your wife will get it soon too. Goodluck

telford
22nd August 2008, 01:03
My wife's visa was granted on appeal here in London on May 13th 2008. The British Embassy were informed, and she got a phone call at the end of July. She sent her passport to the embassy which arrived next day. Though they informed her it would be ready in a week and returned by courier, she picked it up in person around the 16th August, and will arrive here in about nine hours from now. So three months is about right.

congratulations! may you live happily ever after:)

grate-britte
22nd August 2008, 18:16
News on spouse visa application: the VFS website says the papers were passed to courrier today 22 August, so this application has taken exactly 9 weeks 1 day from the day the application was accepted by VFS to the day the papers passed to courrier. Will not know the result until the passport is opened!

kimmi
22nd August 2008, 19:07
News on spouse visa application: the VFS website says the papers were passed to courrier today 22 August, so this application has taken exactly 9 weeks 1 day from the day the application was accepted by VFS to the day the papers passed to courrier. Will not know the result until the passport is opened!

Goodluck..:) Hope it's good news..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

menchkin
22nd August 2008, 22:56

I'm sure you'll see the visa once your wife opens her passport. Congratulations in advance!!! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

Sis Trina, your visa is on its way na rin so konting tiis na lang. :BouncyHappy:

trina
23rd August 2008, 00:05
I'm sure you'll see the visa once your wife opens her passport. Congratulations in advance!!! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

Sis Trina, your visa is on its way na rin so konting tiis na lang. :BouncyHappy:

yes grate-britte it will be good news..... for sure...

yep sis and next will be yours....yipee....:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

grate-britte
23rd August 2008, 09:18
Yes! Spouse visa received today! So it was: application handed in to VFS 19th June and courier with visa received 23 August -that's 9 weeks 2 days. Hoping Trina is next one with good news, and good luck to the others waiting.

PAT
23rd August 2008, 09:23
hello grate_britte congratulations!!!

vbkelly
23rd August 2008, 09:24
Yes! Spouse visa received today! So it was: application handed in to VFS 19th June and courier with visa received 23 August -that's 9 weeks 2 days. Hoping Trina is next one with good news, and good luck to the others waiting.

congratulation grate-britte!!!

trina
23rd August 2008, 09:25

hi grate-britte..... Congratulation to your wife and you.....when is your wife plan to fly there???? yep i hope next is mine..... i applied 23 june :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

trina
23rd August 2008, 09:28
i thought she apply last 20 june....hehehe

grate-britte
23rd August 2008, 09:45
She handed it in 19 June but VFS dated it 20th June

marylen
23rd August 2008, 09:49
to:grate-britte: have you got ur spouse visa now? how many weeks exactly then?is it u received today?

grate-britte
23rd August 2008, 09:49
hi grate-britte..... Congratulation to your wife and you.....when is your wife plan to fly there???? yep i hope next is mine..... i applied 23 june :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Flying next Thursday 28th Aug - just booked it with wefly.co.uk - this seems to be best site especially for opposite direction bookings which are much dearer

grate-britte
23rd August 2008, 09:50
to:grate-britte: have you got ur spouse visa now? how many weeks exactly then?is it u received today?

Yep received today so it was 9 weeks 2 days from door of VFS to receipt of courier

marylen
23rd August 2008, 09:51
congrats to you grate-britte....good luck and von voyage....

grant
23rd August 2008, 10:06
thats great news. me and my wife applied 2nd july and still waiting its been 7 weeks and three days now. but we have to be patient take care and good luck my friend.

Piamed
23rd August 2008, 10:28
Yep received today so it was 9 weeks 2 days from door of VFS to receipt of courier

Excellent news mate! Congrats!

menchkin
23rd August 2008, 13:52

Yey! Another success story. I hope I get the same good news in 4 weeks time. Congrats again!!! :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

Ann07
23rd August 2008, 14:01

congrats:):):)

tiger@tigress
23rd August 2008, 22:00

Wow another happy couple congratz :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ANDRES25
27th August 2008, 22:20
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! So Happy You!

ANDRES25
27th August 2008, 22:21
I Mean So Happy For You And Your Wife!!!

grate-britte
28th August 2008, 21:37
My wife arriving at Heathrow tomorrow morning. We are both so happy. Many thanks for all the help and all the congrats, and best wishes to all who are in the process.