PDA

View Full Version : looking for a filipina friend in U.K

manila
31st July 2004, 14:48
I'm a filipina and residing in Englad with my English husband.I live in bedforshire and im lokking to meet other filipina for friendship.

Admin
31st July 2004, 15:39
Then you've come to the write place, we're a friendly bunch. ;D Well those who can be bothered typing here anyway ???

Which part of England? The non-Sunny part like the rest of us ::)

ginapeterb
1st August 2004, 11:55
Manila welcome to th forum, we are freindly here and glad you are here in UK with your husband, I know bedfordshire fairly well, their are over 140,000 Filipinas in the UK some are spouses others are Nursing and Medical Staff wthin the National Health Service.

There is a site where you might find a filipina freind for a chat....I understand how you feel......if you cant talk filipino Taglish or Ilongo Cebuana etc try this site as well and www.anglofilipino.freeserve.co.uk ths is a site run by the Mabuhay group in Redditch Worcestershire, its a nurses site, but they have gatherings and events. maybe you can meet a filipina there who is close to you.

Best wishes Pete

manila
1st August 2004, 17:45
Thank You for replying to My letter I'm glad to hear from You :)We have checked the site that You mention but unfortunately it is difficult for Us to get to that area.Do You know of any london groups?
Please keep in touch and We sending Our best wishes...

Love,
Anna and Dave

ginapeterb
1st August 2004, 19:54
Anna thanks for replying and we extend a warm welcome to you and Dave on the forum.... I take it you dont know any filipinas in the area you are living or maybe you havent been long in Bedfordshire, I will check around for you...........there are a couple of Filipino festivals that take place here in the UK every year I will get the details to you..... tell Dave that one of them is in Hounslow London TW and is all things Filipino, there is also another further south in Bournemouth but its a bit of a long drive down for you.

I will try and get some details off to you if you keep checking in at the site, give my regards to Dave, and welcome to the UK we are glad you are here.

i

Admin
1st August 2004, 21:21
We've been around Denbigh for around 4 years, but now know plenty of local Filipino's, and not the nurses who seem to remain in their own group.

We've met them in Asda, B&Q, Safeway, etc, and just exchange phone numbers or email addresses.

Considering that we only live in a small village of 200, mostly elderly, 2 filipino's are related in someway to the locals due yo family marriage somewhere down the line.

manila
4th August 2004, 22:28
friends,

Thank's for your kind wishes Dave and I,both appreciate them.We look forward to receiving details of the filipina festivals in due course-they sound fun!

Best wishes

Dave & Anna :-*

ginapeterb
5th August 2004, 12:11
Dave and Anna you didnt state where you live.....but if you are close to London say Luton or Dunstable or lower Beds you are not far from one of the festivals that takes place in July.

Here are the details of something where Dave could take you to and you will see as many filipinos in one place as you would back home, there are so many you are bound to make freinds and contacts...and you can excahnge addresses and phone numbers with them all over the UK and have a good chat in your own language...iso here it is
The Bario Fiesta, Hounslow. Organised by the Philippine Centre, this is a festival celebrating all things Filipino. This year there were 15-20,000 people packed into Lampton Park, most of them Filipinos.

The Bario Fiesta is usually held on the second Sunday in July of each year at Lampton Park, Hounslow, Middlesex TW3. For details contact The Philippine Centre, Telephone Number: 0208 5727105

The Philippine Centre here in UK can help you with contacts in your own area or give you useful information if you feel a little isolated which most filipinas do inititially when they arrive in UK.

The Bario Fiesta, Bournemouth. Organised by Robin Easling and Jay Ibot, and sponsored by British Airways and Philippine Islands Connections Travel & Tours, this festival is much like the Hounslow Fiesta,

The Bario Fiesta Bournemouth is usually held early August at Bournemouth Park

Philippine Islands Connections can give you info on whats happening in the UK their website is

www.pic-uk.com

Hope that has been useful to you...Anna if you crave for Adobo....Sinigang..Lechon Kawailin or other Filipino dishes their is a supermarket that you could go and visit at the weekend if time allows....I will get the address and post if for you ok.

Bests wishes

Gina and Pete

ginapeterb
5th August 2004, 12:17
Anna

If you crave your own food hahahahah and dont want to live the rest of your life on.....Egg bacon and Sausage... full english breakfast.....and steak and Chips for dinner you might like to know about this ............................

The Manila Supermarket

11-12 Hogarth Place, Earls Court, London SW5 0QT, England.
Tel: +44 (020) 7373 8305
Fax: +44 (020) 7373 7651

Its in Hogarth Place....Earls Court...SW5

Its great..has everything a filipina would want....and if you look around locally in the supermarkets..you can actually find all the ingredients you need to make your own food...especially Adobo... although you will not find Bagoong anywhere around Bedfordshire I suspect hahahahahah its not something Tesco stocks.

Best of luck with it.

Pete and Gina

Admin
5th August 2004, 21:25
We have the Chinese Warehouse in Liverpool to buy our stocks, but it's difficult to get the fish, although the freshest we find is at Morrisons, but you do have the fish market in London.

One of the Filipino's has just opened a market stall in Rhyl so we'll have to pay it a visit, she's supposed to have salted & dried fish. yummy!! :o

ginapeterb
5th August 2004, 23:32
This is good...we are all learning where to get things......we are progressing well...the Anglo Filipino Community is doing quite well at the moment... come on lets have some more contributions.

Pete

manila
6th August 2004, 23:34
Dear friends,

Thank's for your messages,Dave and I are really sorry to have missed the festival at Hounslow but will make sure to be there next year! :'(
We are so delighted to have started a reaction on the forum so please keep your comments coming! ;)
My darling Dave will be watching his bloody Luton Town F.C. tommorow so I will spend more time on the internet then >:(
So, bye for now..........

Dave and Anna :-*

Admin
7th August 2004, 01:40
Luton are a great team, as long as you enjoy losing that is ;D ;D

Admin
11th August 2004, 19:41
I've been searching for a Filipino group near you, but obviosly not all have a web presence. Your best bet is to go to your local libary, and ask.

You can also start your own group, advertise in one of the local papers. Invite them round for vinegar and fish :o

ginapeterb
11th August 2004, 20:17
Ahah Anna and Dave are in good old Luton.....hope you enjoy the area....not to far for a jaunt down to London if you want a day out...I suspect.

Best wishes from the FilipinoUK Forum team...thats me and Keith I think.....errrr

Pete

DAVID
5th October 2004, 15:37
Hello All,
I am new to all this 'Pen-Pal' lark, but would genuinely like to become Pen-Pals with a Philipino Lady, as I find them totally hypnotic, and visually inspiring. Being an Artist, I am guided through life by what I see arround me, and being a male one of these wonders of gods creation has to be 'woman'. In my mind there is no cultural vision more beatiful than the face of a Philipino Lady.
At the grand age of 38 I'm affraid that I am not the most handsome of men, despite being regarded as 'cute' in my younger days, I do have a unique character (apparently), and would make someone an interesting, genuine penpal. I have a big heart, and a love for animals and children, and for my home country of Scotland. My heart is Highland, and 'yes' I wear a 'kilt' with pride as often as possible.
My main job is as a Residential Care Officer in a Local Children's Home in Peterborough, were I am employed as a Team Leader, and up to 2 weeks ago, as a Keyworker to one of the children.
Hobbies include Drawing & Painting, mainly landscapes and pictures with a Scottish theme, but also people's children & pets. most of my work over the past 6 years has been sold privately, or for myself towards an exhibition, which I hope to have next year in Oban, my home town in Scotland. Also Enjoy Camping & Hillwalking, again usually this is done in Scotland or in Yorkshire. Love being close to nature, out in the hills and mountains. There is nothing quite like it. I also write poems and short stories, but usually just for myself. It's a nice way to express feelings that would otherwise be hidden.
Well, as you can probably tell, I am very new to this , as I said, and not exactly sure what to write, but If there is any Lady out there in need of a sympathetic ear or an honest conversation about anything, then please feel free to contact me. I will wait with baited breath for a kind reply.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my entry anyway, may your God be with you.
Kind Regards,
David Cann-MacLean.

Admin
6th October 2004, 00:57
Hi David, Did you register on the database? Preferably with a pic as you get more hits.

I'm married to a cute Filipino, and I'm a ugly scoucer ;D As long as your kind & considerate, you'll find a spare one, I think their may only be a few million left though :D

Maybe you'd better start a new thread on what a kilt is, and where they come from, I doubt Filipino's would know.

I've got plenty of female contacts, and I'm sure Pete will have some more when he returns from the Philippines.