PDA

View Full Version : Pinoys everywhere

flomike
15th July 2008, 22:16
How many filipinos can you meet in one single day who live in your area that you haven't met yet??????

Me 12 Pinoys:omg: I went to Morrisson to buy something and really shock to see this group of Pinoys hanging around the shop. As you know pinoys style as my husband said "never ending talk and talk" Im glad that time he's not with me as for sure he is bored as always standing for half an hour and listening to our precious language:ARsurrender: or sometimes he always said that we pinoy talk 1000 word per minute.

Anyway, those pinoys are lineman here recruited by Alfred Mc Alpine (Carillion now I guess). As Britons don't like doing the job so lucky pinoy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

We live in a small town but my husband can't believe how many filipinos lives here...pinoys everywhere!!!

telford
16th July 2008, 00:49
yeah... that's what pinoy are... they're everywhere, mostly, they're doing it for their family...

ginapeterb
16th July 2008, 05:50
This is a common situation, its amazing how one can find pinoys in the most amazing places, we also happened to meet a group of pinoys who also work for Alfred Mcalpine, doing similar job, linemen, they were in Tesco, shopping for a nostalgic return home, they were smiling, polite and chatty.

We were on the Island of Lido in Venice a few weeks ago, we happned to stop outside a cafe wanting to go in for coffee, who were there? a 2 pinoys who welcomed us and told us where to eat good food in Venice.

Later that day, we were at the Rialto bridge, we met a pinoy, who took us into the middle of Venice, and found us a nice restaraunt that sells lovely seafood, who were the waiters and the head chef, yes it was a group of pinoys.

Wherever you go in the world, you will be sure to find pinoys, they are ubiquitious "! that is everywhere !

islander
16th July 2008, 06:59
unfortunately, since my arrival, i haven't seen any pinoy yet within livingston, i attended mass last sunday at st. peter's church, hoping to see one, still none.

how i wish i would meet one whom i can talk to & share stories with!

winner
16th July 2008, 07:04
come to sunny oxford theres 1.000s here

KeithD
16th July 2008, 08:47
How many filipinos can you meet in one single day who live in your area that you haven't met yet??????

Only one if I don't go out, and that's only because I married her :rolleyes:

come to sunny oxford theres 1.000s here

1's :Erm:

vbkelly
16th July 2008, 10:33
here in coventry loads of filipinos, like this coming saturday we having bbq in combe abbey park. anybody wants to go you are welcome.

walesrob
16th July 2008, 10:39
Elsa is the only Filipina in the Village.

Aberystwyth probably has no more than 10.

aug06_2006
16th July 2008, 11:28
Oh islander, don't u worry oi sooner o later makakita kara.
Me diay i donnot have pinoy friend until now.

joroco
16th July 2008, 11:44
If you'd like to meet even more pinoys, then try the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow, West London THIS WEEKEND. It's on between 10am and 6pm Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th July. This is one of the largest fiestas in the UK, 70,000 attended last year's event. For SatNav and Internet mapping users the postcode is TW3 4DN. http://www.philippinecentre.com/barriofiesta2008.html

jguanlao
16th July 2008, 12:12
i agree that there are lot of pinoys everywer but not all of them are willing to talk or give a smile..

i can see a lot of pinoy esp in asian/chinese store here in birmingham. Where I met a friend. At first she was hesitant to talk to me coz she taught im chinese!:NoNo: so i approached her and we talked using the 1000 word per min :D since then we text and call each other, go out once in a while and just last week she invited me and my husband to her house for her bday party. love the bbq :xxgrinning--00xx3:,
tru her i can also meet other pinoy friends.

Ann07
16th July 2008, 12:27
my pinoy couple friends just visited me today to get my parcel for the philippines:) they will be going home for 2 weeks holiday only. All my filipino friends that lives in the town are all nurses with their families they are all nice:):):):)

pennybarry
16th July 2008, 12:28
I have met about 40 Filipino Fishermen in our area, mostly from Cebu, they give us fresh seafood. I met Pinay who moved here from Kent and she cooks all the seafood given by Filipino fishermen.
Will soon to meet Quimar whom I met in this forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike1
16th July 2008, 12:41
If you'd like to meet even more pinoys, then try the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow, West London THIS WEEKEND. It's on between 10am and 6pm Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th July. This is one of the largest fiestas in the UK, 70,000 attended last year's event. For SatNav and Internet mapping users the postcode is TW3 4DN. http://www.philippinecentre.com/barriofiesta2008.html

:yikes: Barrio Fiesta may be CANCELLED due to issues with Health & safety, talks are now going on with authorties and the issues may be resolved , check the website later for more information

alicat
16th July 2008, 13:15
i agree that there are lot of pinoys everywer but not all of them are willing to talk or give a smile..

i agree.

IainBusby
16th July 2008, 16:36
here in coventry loads of filipinos, like this coming saturday we having bbq in coombe abbey park. anybody wants to go you are welcome.

Louella and I will be there as well and it would be great to meet any other forum members who can also make it. :Hellooo:

Iain.

andypaul
16th July 2008, 20:23
here in coventry loads of filipinos, like this coming saturday we having bbq in combe abbey park. anybody wants to go you are welcome.

Might have 60 to 70 thousand phills needing a party coming along:D:omg::D

KeithD
16th July 2008, 21:55
I was amazed how many Filipina's in the Philippines we seen :rolleyes:

vbkelly
17th July 2008, 09:14
Might have 60 to 70 thousand phills needing a party coming along:D:omg::D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
17th July 2008, 10:01
VBKELLY,
we will see you on the others on saturday, what is the timing and what should we bring, Ligaya makes a mean bico?

Jguanlao

Where in Birmingham are you, and do you work, my wife is at home all day with our baby and is keen for more company:BouncyHappy:

vbkelly
17th July 2008, 10:14
VBKELLY,
we will see you on the others on saturday, what is the timing and what should we bring, Ligaya makes a mean bico?

Jguanlao

Where in Birmingham are you, and do you work, my wife is at home all day with our baby and is keen for more company:BouncyHappy:

hi there lovely couple don't bring anything i think lots of food in there, IAIN N LOUELLA will bring their all foods lol ,just kidding Iain

scott&ligaya
17th July 2008, 11:40
Ok will just bring some wine/beer and a smile , what time r u meeting up?

vbkelly
17th July 2008, 12:20
Ok will just bring some wine/beer and a smile , what time r u meeting up?

some pinays going there early like 7am to find nice area,but im going there 9am ok see you there.

IainBusby
17th July 2008, 18:04
VBKELLY,

Just bring anything you want, most of the girls just pre-cook whatever they bring a little bit so that everything cooks faster on the bbq. :spam1:

hi there lovely couple don't bring anything i think lots of food in there, IAIN N LOUELLA will bring their all foods lol ,just kidding Iain :yikes:

some pinays going there early like 7am to find nice area,but im going there 9am ok see you there.

:yikes: I'll just be waking up at about that time. :yikes:

patti1227
17th July 2008, 18:25
I have met about 40 Filipino Fishermen in our area, mostly from Cebu, they give us fresh seafood. I met Pinay who moved here from Kent and she cooks all the seafood given by Filipino fishermen.
Will soon to meet Quimar whom I met in this forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arang kabuutan. So kind...:cwm12: Lovely! Kindly say Hi! for me. :BouncyHappy:

andy17
20th July 2008, 03:59

We live in a small town but my husband can't believe how many filipinos lives here...pinoys everywhere!!!

Has any of you ever experienced Hong kong on a Sunday? It is the traditional day off for Filipina workers and they take over the city! Every spare peace of ground is taken up by groups sitting, picnicing, gossiping at 1000 WPM and generally having a great time. It's their only day off each week and they really make the most of it! I don't know how many work in HK but it must be several thousands!
:omg:

By the way, which small town in Yorkshire? I'm between Elland and Rishworth, up in t'ills with the sheep (he he):Cuckoo:

nigel
20th July 2008, 05:10
come to sunny oxford theres 1.000s here - I've heard there's a Filipino community in Oxford...and in Barrow In Furness (Cumbria):)

aromulus
20th July 2008, 06:35
- I've heard there's a Filipino community in Oxford...and in Barrow In Furness (Cumbria):)

You got a big round, Pat..........:D

winner
20th July 2008, 07:57
yes yours right nigel lots of filipinos here

joebloggs
20th July 2008, 08:25
pollen , i mean pinoy count yesterday was 5 where i live.

2 the misses knows in the local super market
2 in the local pinoy shop
1 new carer in me mom's residential home, - poor gal working as many hours as she can, to get her kids thru uni :cwm24:

i see a few everyday :D

KeithD
20th July 2008, 08:54
Has any of you ever experienced Hong kong on a Sunday? It is the traditional day off for Filipina workers and they take over the city! Every spare peace of ground is taken up by groups sitting, picnicing, gossiping at 1000 WPM and generally having a great time. .....
Same in Singapore on a Sunday.....like flies around dog .... :yikes:

scott&ligaya
21st July 2008, 16:05
Hi VBKelly,
thanks for the invite to the get together at the weekend, great to meet up with the Coventry/Leicester gang, we had a fun time, Ligaya says hi

IainBusby
21st July 2008, 17:52
Hi VBKelly,
thanks for the invite to the get together at the weekend, great to meet up with the Coventry/Leicester gang, we had a fun time, Ligaya says hi

It was a really nice day and it was nice to see some our Birmingham forum members there, Scott & Ligaya and Paul & Anilyn as well as the folks from Liecester.
Cheers,
Iain.

islander
22nd July 2008, 08:10
pollen , i mean pinoy count yesterday was 5 where i live.

2 the misses knows in the local super market
2 in the local pinoy shop
1 new carer in me mom's residential home, - poor gal working as many hours as she can, to get her kids thru uni :cwm24:

i see a few everyday :D

thats nice to hear! unfortunately, i still haven't seen any yet within livingston. although, im so glad that lanstuart of the forum called me up for a chat., that helps lessen my homesickness!

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 09:43
Hi VBKelly,

welcome guys next time again

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 10:39
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ulix8A-6-Cc here's some photos taken at coombe abbey park last saturday

winner
22nd July 2008, 13:17
nice photos i was round there last year nice place

mavid
22nd July 2008, 15:12
We were driving around the South West...and I've seen more Filipinos there than here in Erdington hehehe! Seen a Filipina in Minehead talking in her mobile, Seen 4 Filipino families in New Forest Car Boot Sale, 1 family in Stonehedge. Fiance was asking me why i didn't talk to them...i was shy.

Le'em
8th August 2008, 12:40
hi, yeah it really feels good to see Filipinos here, imagine were thousand miles far from our homeland and here we met them....but lucky for those Pinoy na nakaremember pa kung saan sila galing kasi karamihan sa mga andito na, medyo nakalimot...may iba ding namimili ng taong kakaibiganin...imagine mo yan, i remember when we went to mall i saw some Pinay with their husbands..theyre very happy and they smile at me, but i saw some din na hindi namansin but okay lang at least i can see happy sila pwera nalang sa mga nagpa happy hapihan lang..kaya everytime makakita ako ng pinay/pinoy mawawala agad ang pagka homesick ko esp if were talking in our own languages

pag nagbisita kami sa relatives ko na andito na for many years, sos BISAYA ang usapan, matawa nalang ang mga kaibigan nilang Britons...

pennybarry
11th August 2008, 14:25
hi, yeah it really feels good to see Filipinos here, imagine were thousand miles far from our homeland and here we met them....but lucky for those Pinoy na nakaremember pa kung saan sila galing kasi karamihan sa mga andito na, medyo nakalimot...may iba ding namimili ng taong kakaibiganin...imagine mo yan, i remember when we went to mall i saw some Pinay with their husbands..theyre very happy and they smile at me, but i saw some din na hindi namansin but okay lang at least i can see happy sila pwera nalang sa mga nagpa happy hapihan lang..kaya everytime makakita ako ng pinay/pinoy mawawala agad ang pagka homesick ko esp if were talking in our own languages

pag nagbisita kami sa relatives ko na andito na for many years, sos BISAYA ang usapan, matawa nalang ang mga kaibigan nilang Britons...

Sorry to hear that Le'em.
Just remember our saying goes in the Philippines,
"Minsan daw ang langaw pag dumadapo sa kalabaw eh mataas pa sa kalabaw"
Alam kaya ng kalabaw?
You'll find sincere ones in you area I bet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

"if you are a dreamer come in`
if you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
a hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
if you're a pretender come sit by my fire
for we have some flax golden tales to spin
come in! come in!"
— Shel Silverstein