PDA

View Full Version : schengen visa from italy or spain embassy?

mhynne
15th July 2008, 07:34
ive heard not so good stories about the fuzziness of the french embassy so was just thinking about just going to italy or spain with my husband for our first wedding anniversary..

just wondering if anyone has any experience lodging their application for a schengen visa from the italian or spanish embassy?

just wondering which one is easier.. and what are the requirements..

alicat
15th July 2008, 08:12
i just get my schengen visa last friday,its 4 weeks processing
i think spanish embassy is much easier.
www.conspalon.org/ try that website..

misscarie
15th July 2008, 20:05
ive heard not so good stories about the fuzziness of the french embassy so was just thinking about just going to italy or spain with my husband for our first wedding anniversary..

just wondering if anyone has any experience lodging their application for a schengen visa from the italian or spanish embassy?

Hello Ate Mhyne,

i have found this link , u will get alot of info's regarding to schengen

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=7036

hope it helps. Ingat :Hellooo:

joebloggs
15th July 2008, 20:14
i'm sure you could take her to Switzerland and maybe HK if she has ILR, without applying for any sort of visa.

so if your interested check with the swiss embassy :D

:doh you will not have ILR if you've only been married a year :icon_lol:

A_flyer
15th July 2008, 21:12
i'm sure you could take her to Switzerland and maybe HK if she has ILR, without applying for any sort of visa.
Joe, Switzerland ... only till Nowember 1, after Schengen visa required.
See here: http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.php?p=59684&postcount=1

joebloggs
15th July 2008, 21:16
Joe, Switzerland ... only till Nowember 1, after Schengen visa required.
See here: http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.php?p=59684&postcount=1

:xxgrinning--00xx3: yes i wasn't sure if it still was or wasn't, thats why i said check with the embassy..

why doesn't the uk do what switzerland did and stay out of the eec, but get all the benefits thou :D

:doh its was your post , come to think of it :icon_lol: i remember now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
15th July 2008, 21:17

You may have to adjust your trip, the Schengen rules for choosing the country where to request the visa are the following:
1) If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that particular country. You apply at the Embassy or Consulate responsible for the state where you live.
2) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your main destination.
3) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your first point of entry.

A_flyer
15th July 2008, 21:18
why doesn't the uk do what switzerland did and stay out of the eec, but get all the benefits thou :D
Tssssssssssssssssssss....

mhynne
16th July 2008, 06:35
thanks for your overwhelming responses... =)
im currently on my FLR visa still and it expires dec 2010 so i think that is fine.. and we plan to go to italy now and i might just submit my reqs to the italian embassy.
although i have one quick question... it does say on the requirements that i need to submit my marriage certificate and that they might ask for it to be certified by the embassy...

Do I need to get it certified still by the Phil embassy in London? Or they never really ask to get it done.. Cause i noticed with the posts from before (correct me if im wrong) regarding the schengen visa most people just submitted the NSO marriage certificate from the Philippines....

A_flyer
16th July 2008, 07:54
I think it may depend where the marriage was done (in the Philippines or abroad).

mhynne
16th July 2008, 17:53
I was married in the philippines sis yves...

A_flyer
16th July 2008, 18:13
I was married in the philippines sis yves...
Some European Embassies request the Red Ribbon for Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate, that's why they may ask a certification from your Embassy (to be checked with the Italian Embassy).

andypaul
16th July 2008, 18:45
thanks for your overwhelming responses... =)
im currently on my FLR visa still and it expires dec 2010 so i think that is fine.. and we plan to go to italy now and i might just submit my reqs to the italian embassy.
although i have one quick question... it does say on the requirements that i need to submit my marriage certificate and that they might ask for it to be certified by the embassy...

Do I need to get it certified still by the Phil embassy in London? Or they never really ask to get it done.. Cause i noticed with the posts from before (correct me if im wrong) regarding the schengen visa most people just submitted the NSO marriage certificate from the Philippines....

The wife went to the italian embassy and was at first told she would be charged extra as her marriage cert was not stamped by the embassy. but the Wife then later was told oh its ok after speaking to another memeber of the staff. She said this is what she used for here British visa.

If you need the schgen visa in a hurry and not have to rush between buckingham palace road and traflgar sq (nice walk if you take the palace and park route) maybe worth seeing if you get away with it just being NSO stamped ( i think it helps with Phill docs as they are in Enlish while some other countries are not so the embassy can not read what it actually says)

Italian embassy the Wife said was far easier and nicer people the guy on the door very friendly hang on i wrote about it a the time:doh why am i typing again

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2099&highlight=italian+schgen

mhynne
16th July 2008, 19:04
thats a good idea, andypaul.. i might give that a try and see if i can just try to get away with my NSO marriage cert.. to be honest even if i pay 23 quid to the italian embassy i think it will be fine.. instead of me coming back and forth to london picking up documents etc which would cost more bec of the expensive train tickets... haayyy...

andypaul
16th July 2008, 19:10
thats a good idea, andypaul.. i might give that a try and see if i can just try to get away with my NSO marriage cert.. to be honest even if i pay 23 quid to the italian embassy i think it will be fine.. instead of me coming back and forth to london picking up documents etc which would cost more bec of the expensive train tickets... haayyy...

exactly and its a few quid to ring up the booking service.

23 pounds is worth saving all the hassle and your vauable time.

Warnig it may have gone up like everything since