PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going London - Manila ?

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 00:45
Hi!

Is there anyone who is planning their trip to philippines at the end of september ? I am free after 24 september !
To be honest i am little scared to go alone but if i dont find anyone i will go alone on 24 september !

Thanks a lo in advance !

scotsfiancee
12th July 2006, 11:16
HMMM? im just wondering why your scared as i guess nodoby will bite you?:icon_lol: :Brick: well, dont you have any special friends in manila?or just visit that place?

KeithD
12th July 2006, 12:36
If he's flying Russian Airlines, I'd be scared of there parking capabilities as well :icon_eek:

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 14:51
I am just 22 thats why i am little scared , since i have nobody else there except my girlfriend.Hope you can understand. But as i said if i dont find anybody i will go alone.

symonh2000
12th July 2006, 18:40
You will be fine, I did exactly the same thing in April, I flew to meet my girlfriend. I was on my own and I hadn't seen her in the flesh before.. And I am only 28 yrs old too.. There are plently of people on the aeroplane to chat too on the way, as long as they can speak english.

ginapeterb
12th July 2006, 19:15
Dont worry Peter about going to the Philippines, we will have to get a nice Filipina from Pasig City, to give you a good rub down, dont worry she will mark your card for you !, but you have your GF there, so she will take care of you in a strange country, and if she doesnt, there are lots of guides and companions who will !!

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 19:22
Thanks a lot

mrsfrivolity
12th July 2006, 19:31
I am just 22 thats why i am little scared , since i have nobody else there except my girlfriend.Hope you can understand. But as i said if i dont find anybody i will go alone.

Ahhh bless....! :D Shame as we're flying out on the 28th of August. You'll be fine, don't worry. Whereabouts' your girl from?

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 19:36
Butuan

Once we are already in this topic. Does anyone know by any chance if planes from manila to butuan leaving from the same airport in Manila which i will use once coming there from europe ? (international one)

Or will i need to use transport to get to other airport ?
How many airports are there in Manila ?

ginapeterb
12th July 2006, 19:57
Hello Peter,

So you want to get to Butuan City, ok, its in Misamis Oriental, ok you will arrive into Ninoy Aquino International Airport, terminal 1, you dont say which airline you are arriving by, now is your GF meeting you at NAIA, if so, she will help you with onward transportation, however if not, listen to my advice.

Firstly, you should not stray around Metro Manila at all if this is your first visit, as you are only 22, I would be careful in the city, so don't leave the airport, I suggest you get an airport taxi ( the white ones with Bayan Ko Sagot Ko) on the side, you can ask a taxi operator outside the airport terminal building to arrange transport for you, the fare might be slightly higher than normal, min fare should be P275.00 maybe more, no more than P500.00.

When you arrive, get your bags, and go through customs, then outside the door, dont dissapear off somewhere else, stay there, and ask at the taxi office, which should be outside, get a Bayan ko sagot ko taxi, and ask them to take you around to Philippine Airlines Terminal 2, its a better terminal, very nice, air conditioned, with full amenities, and yes the toilets do have tissue paper.

Book a flight to Butuan City as follows:

Butuan is, 1 hour and 30 minutes away by plane out of Manila, Philippine Airlines flies from Manila three times a week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) so you need to try and arrive in the Philippines to link up with a connecting flight to Butuan.

As Butuan is in Northern Mindanao, you may have to go via Cagayan de Oro, or through Surigao City, Philippine Airlines domestic ticket agent at Terminal 2 will advise you, it may also require you to stay overnight in Metro Manila, to get an onward connecting flight, if you are not doing this before arrival, you can buy a ticket online through the Philippine Airlines website, prior to arrival in the Philippines.

If you are staying in Metro Manila for the night without a companion, such as your GF, be careful, take a Bayan Ko Sagot Ko taxi for about P500.00 downtown to Makati city, if you need a good hotel for the night, let me know I can advise you on where to go.

Don't go to Domestic Terminal, and get confused, that is for Cebu Pacific Air, Asian Spirit, and others, domestic terminal is not Philippine Airlines, PAL have there own classier terminal and the prices of PAL Against Cebu Pacific are neglible.

Ok other advice for you, as you are a newby in RP, dont play the wealthy foreigner, dont be a cash flasher, or a wealth bragger, don't be freely handing out cash as tips, keep your money profile to yourself, let your Girlfreind do the talking with taxi drivers, don't leave the terminal building without her, in all things she is Queen, if she says, do this, then do it, its for your own safety, she has a big advantage over you, she speaks the language and knows the place inside out, your Filipina companion is your best freind in the world when you are in RP, there are pick pockets around the areas you will go, taxi touts who want to extort money from you, all I can say is, be vigilant and you will have a great time in RP best of luck Peter

I hope this helps.

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 20:08
You saying about philippines airlines.

What i wanted to do: I found a good connection with Cebu Pacific.
If i understood well, they fly every day at 12:20 from manila to butuan.
I would come to Manila by KLM that arrives at 8:40 in the morning, and
so i wouldnt need to stay in Manila over night (thats what i would like
really to avoid). I would have 3 and half hours to move to other terminal and fly from there.

What is difference between philippines airlines and domestic cebu pacific ?

Do you think my idea is bad ? (i really want to avoid stay in manila)

ginapeterb
12th July 2006, 20:14
Your idea is ok Peter, go with Cebu Pacific if you want !, but remember, you arrive at 8.40am on KLM you have to allow for collecting your baggage, also clearing Immigration and customs, then you have to get around to Domestic terminal, NOW DONT GET THESE CONFUSED, if you are going Cebu Pacific air, you need to get around to Domestic, its a flea bag mate !, but its ok, I guess, well almost !, you need to check in around 10.30 for that flight to Butuan, and you have to go through security at Domestic, and Filipino security is the never ending elusive butterfly, but it sounds ok to me....you should be fine, remember what I told you....watch that taxi ride around to domestic ok....just wish I could hold your hand pal...but alas, my duties keep me in the UK, Wish I was there for you....take care

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 20:19
Thanks a lot.
I know about taxis (have read about kidnapping) and promise that will be very carefull. I have to be honest and say it, i am bit scared, thats why would feel more comfortable if i go with someone else.
My family is against it all, so all is only up to me.
They dont help me, they just making it worse for me.
So trying to think of everything and not to forget anything important.
( i am finishing also my school this 2 months so have lot there as well,
starting to be little to much for me, cant wait when i will be after all)

thanks for help to all

mrsfrivolity
12th July 2006, 20:22
Goodluck PJ. Have fun but be sensible at all times, k?

If you could get your hands on the book, "Lonely Planet Philippines", it would help you a lot because it's got everything there about places, how to get there, what to watch out for, etc.

Make sure someone back home knows where you are.

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 20:29
Already reading it ... :)

Thanks

symonh2000
12th July 2006, 21:17
Pete I know exactly how you feel about being nervous and your family being against it., but as long as you take care you will be fine. You wouldn't walk around the ceter of birmingham at night with lots of cash on you, so why do it in Manila for instance. Not saying you would but just an example..
Anyway I will be going to Manila again on 25th August, thats how much of a good time I had when I went at the end of april..

KeithD
12th July 2006, 21:41
The price of love.....visiting a 3rd world country......

.....and that's just the UK!!! :icon_lol:

russ01539
12th July 2006, 22:29
My fiance managed to navigate Frankfurt Airport on her own !! so you should have no problem getting yourself to Butuan.

Once you get out of the International Terminal you will find a hundred people all waiting to help you. Just follow the advice above and carry too much money on you.

Good luck. You will find it will be worth it !

KeithD
12th July 2006, 22:38
Do what I do. Take some crutches,tell them you need a wheelchair....they take you from the desk in London to the taxi stand in Manila ;)

If you're too honest for that, I can have a few mates help you with that broken leg :yikes:

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 23:38
thanks for offer, however dont worry since i know some good techniques how to break my legs :D

But be sure i will write you and ask you for help in case that i fail.

scotsfiancee
13th July 2006, 13:56
hey peter..so shes from butuan?wow so far..but i could ride a bus going there from my place but so far. my butt will be sore..hehehehe !!

click this link if your going via PAL this is your flight from manila to butuan
http://www.philippineairlines.com/

TIMETABLE

Manila - Butuan

Departure: Manila [MNL]
Ninoy Aquino International Airport Centennial Terminal 2, Philippines

Arrival: Butuan [BXU]
Bancasi Airport, Philippines

DEP ARR Flight Stops Type M T W T F S S

10:20 11:50 PR 477 0 B737

Timings may change. For daily flight status, use Online Departure & Arrival facility.

Butuan - Manila

Departure: Butuan [BXU]
Bancasi Airport, Philippines

Arrival: Manila [MNL]
Ninoy Aquino International Airport Centennial Terminal 2, Philippines

DEP ARR Flight Stops Type M T W T F S S

12:40 14:10 PR 478 0 B737

Timings may change. For daily flight status, use Online Departure & Arrival facility.

Have a nice safe trip to you and wish you luck!!!

peterjanik
13th July 2006, 15:16
Thanks a lot scotsfiancee

That s really kind from you to search and write already flight to butuan with all information about it for me. Thanks one more time. I really appreciate it.

scotsfiancee
14th July 2006, 04:51
Thanks a lot scotsfiancee

That s really kind from you to search and write already flight to butuan with all information about it for me. Thanks one more time. I really appreciate it.

Dont be worry too much Peter you will be okay.. you will be arrive in Ninoy Aquino International Airport, so all you have to do is you will gonna ride a taxi(its available outside)its only 150 pesos and tell them to ride you going to NAIA Centennial 2 which is just very close it takes bout 3-5mins to drive..That airport exclusive for Philippine Airlines only... so change your money in philippine peso where there are money changer there in the airport..

It would be cheaper if your gf will book your flights from manila to butuan and she will just give the or electronic ticket to your email so just print it and show it when you check in...so she must know the time you arrive so she can manage the time then..and also for your going back to manila..well if you dont like to much hustle just get yourself then!! and also the website that i had gave, you can book online too.

so here is the website of butuan city for more infos: http://www.caraga13.gov.ph/butuancity/
if you wanted to visit cebu just visit this site www.cebucity.gov.ph

its not kinda huge city, so your gf lives in city proper? or in the province?how many days are you going to stay there are you going to marry her?...well just thought to ask

:Rasp: :doh

KeithD
14th July 2006, 09:30
I love long flights, just watch everyone go white when you hit the turbulence over India :D

scotsfiancee
14th July 2006, 15:40
I hate indians..there too annoying

Eljohno
14th July 2006, 22:09
I hate indians..there too annoying

Wow thats a bit strong:yikes:

scotsfiancee
14th July 2006, 23:26
mmmmmmm

its just normal! lol

ivor&mel
15th July 2006, 07:52
Wow thats a bit strong:yikes:
Maybe she was talking about curries? :Erm: No-one would generalize about a billion people.... would they....? :NoNo:

KeithD
15th July 2006, 09:58
I like Pakistan people.....the times the corner shop has saved me with alcohol at midnight :D

Shamrockdave2003
15th July 2006, 10:53
Most of us are here coz we love a filipino.

However there are lots of gorgeous Indian women!! :D you can't say you hate them??

Come on now.

Mind you i'm sure there are plenty of English here who hate the Scots........no? LOL

:BouncyHappy:

scotsfiancee
15th July 2006, 11:32
hahahhahahahahahha maybe some scots will say they hate english men......LOL

KeithD
15th July 2006, 12:13
We don't hate the Scots, but we should have built that wall higher :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
15th July 2006, 12:26
We don't hate the Scots, but we should have built that wall higher :icon_lol:

Lets both build together:icon_lol: