PDA

View Full Version : Please help me !!!

peterjanik
11th July 2006, 20:43
Hi!

I am going to philippines to marry my girlfriend but
since i am only 22 nobody takes me seriously.
I don t have any help from anybody and I am scared that i might forget some important things.And so i ask you please help me and write me all that i shouldn t forget about (like vacination etc.. maybe birth certificate and so on). We are going to marry in philippines (not in church yet).

PLEASE WRITE ME ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK MIGHT BE IMPORTANT FOR ME!!!

( what not to forget, what to take, what to be careful about etc...)
Those of you who married in philippines please write me more about it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE !!!

P.S. Anyone flying to philipines at the end of september from London ?

ivor&mel
11th July 2006, 20:50
Hi,

Just read through the forum and Pete's site (http://www.british-filipino.com/). Vaccination is the least of your concerns, I think :)

peterjanik
11th July 2006, 21:04
thanks

russ01539
11th July 2006, 21:18
Do you have your Certificate of Non-Impediment, or a divorce absolute certificate cos you'll need them. Well you'll need at least one, and at your age probably the first one. :Hellooo:

peterjanik
12th July 2006, 00:39
Thanks a lot Russ. To be honest i dont know anything about this certificate. Can you tell me where to obtain it ? I am originally from Slovakia and i am not going home by that time. Can i somehow obtain it even here (uk), or do i have to take it from backhome ? What if i dont have this certificate ? Does it mean i cant marry at all ? Sorry for so many questions but i really dont know anything about this.

P.S. This is what i ment by not to forget anything. Its really important thing (certificate) and i would never think of that.Just think what would happen if i would come there (philippines) and would realize that i am missing this document. awwwww
Thanks many times again Russ. You saved me.

If you know about something else, very important as well, please tell me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

KeithD
12th July 2006, 09:43
Shouldn't you have done all the homework, before deciding on marriage? .....just a thought :rolleyes:

Blimey, I'm turning into Pete :icon_lol:

russ01539
19th July 2006, 19:04
You can get your certificate of non impediment by going to any british registry office to register your intention to marry in Philippines. It doesnt matter if you are foreign or not, because you will eventually be coming back to UK to live anyway. Just go along to Citizens Advice Bureau and ask them where to go and what to do. Its what they are there for ! Good luck. Apart from that i cant think of much else right now, but there are some things you need from Philippines too when you get there, but your fiance should know about that.

ginapeterb
19th July 2006, 19:56
Shouldn't you have done all the homework, before deciding on marriage? .....just a thought :rolleyes:

Blimey, I'm turning into Pete :icon_lol:

Am I that bad Keith ? bakit di ka...having a pop at me ?

KeithD
19th July 2006, 21:24
I'd better be nice too you, don't want our wives getting together for the old voodoo ritual :yikes: