PDA

View Full Version : More a local than me!!

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 07:04
Went shopping with the wife yesterday. I've lived in my town most of my life and I didn't see anyone I know :Erm:, however everywhere we went, the wife saw friends of hers!!!, I don't believe it, she's now more of a local than me! :Britain:

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 08:06
she could run for a mayor then:D

vbkelly
13th July 2008, 08:44
she could run for a mayor then:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th July 2008, 09:11
Went shopping with the wife yesterday. I've lived in my town most of my life and I didn't see anyone I know :Erm:, however everywhere we went, the wife saw friends of hers!!!, I don't believe it, she's now more of a local than me! :Britain:
Never send the wife into the supermarket on her own to do some QUICK shopping :doh ....if you do, take War & Peace to read while you sit in the car :icon_lol:

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 09:23
Yup, know what you mean, a "quick trip" to pick up an outfit made me an hour late for an appointment :cwm23:

Ann07
13th July 2008, 09:24
Yup, know what you mean, a "quick trip" to pick up an outfit made me an hour late for an appointment :cwm23:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 11:40
its a girl thing:D

aromulus
13th July 2008, 11:52

And you thought you were popular...........:icon_lol:

andypaul
13th July 2008, 12:20
The Wife knows more people in our street and local town by far then me too when we go shopping. But then she spends so much time both working and leisure time in the local town.

But saying that I avoid shopping at all costs, id rather unblock the drains while the missus and I suspect your missus, feels uncomplete with out visting the shops at least once during the week:D

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 17:14
I usually do the food shopping on a weekend, preferably on my own so I can get it done quickly, but accompanying a woman clothes shopping is a nightmare.
Also I remember she wanted to get her hair done in SM mall in Cebu once, three :censored:kin hours I waited for her to finish!!!!

angel1231
13th July 2008, 18:46
we all love shopping...how about u guys when ur watching ur football:doh?keep it balance.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 20:03
thsts why opposite attracts:D

aromulus
13th July 2008, 20:07
thsts why opposite attracts:D

How could you compare the excitement and pumping adrenalin of footie with the aimless walking about staring at shop windows...???:Erm:

Mrs Daddy
13th July 2008, 20:08
How could you compare the excitement and pumping adrenalin of footie with the aimless walking about staring at shop windows...???:Erm:

its quite boring for men but interesting for women:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Gavanddal
13th July 2008, 22:01
we all love shopping...how about u guys when ur watching ur football:doh?keep it balance.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd rather go shopping than watch overpaid halfwits playing football. At least I could buys some new scuba gear! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
14th July 2008, 17:36
I,m with you on this one, every time we shop in Harborne, we "bump" someone she knows, the butchers, bakers,fish and fruit shop staff all know her and our baby, she knows all the charity shop people( filling her 1st balikbayan box) and several other Filipinas she has met over the last 3 months she has been here. I only know the barmaid at our local and the teller in the bank!! I am really pleased with the way she has settled in despite the differences from our life in Hong Kong.

Gavanddal
14th July 2008, 18:33
she knows all the charity shop people( filling her 1st balikbayan box)

Didn't I read via a news link on the forum that it's illegal to send secondhand clothes to the Phils in case it damages the textile industry?

Don't get me wrong, we send clothes our daughter has grown out of to her younger cousin back home so I suppose giving stuff to family doesn't count.

flomike
15th July 2008, 22:34
my husband feels that too. As I only work in our town and most of my work mate live in the same town too. Most Sat we go to the town market I always bump on them and the never ending "Hi Yeah".

Gavanddal
16th July 2008, 20:09
IT GETS WORSE!! We went to the French consulate today in London and she even saw someone she knew there! I don't believe it. She'll probably find an old friend when we go to France next month. :doh

andypaul
16th July 2008, 20:14
IT GETS WORSE!! We went to the French consulate today in London and she even saw someone she knew there! I don't believe it. She'll probably find an old friend when we go to France next month. :doh

She will have gone to school with the train driver/pilot:icon_lol: