PDA

View Full Version : the easiest way to register in NMC

trina
10th July 2008, 16:10
I am a Registered Nurse for 1 year

Is there anyone who knows what will be the easiest way to register in NMC as I am planning to do once I arrive in the UK????

drkimharry
21st July 2008, 19:21
I dunno if there are easy ways to practice here in UK...nowadays, the home office has made loads of changes in their immigration policies..so it would be tougher than before. I was lucky when I came here..they were still lax. Try the agencies you know and trusted...but no guarantees given.

many nurses work as health care assistants but they too have difficult times...
go on darling...have a shot/

trina
21st July 2008, 21:40
I dunno if there are easy ways to practice here in UK...nowadays, the home office has made loads of changes in their immigration policies..so it would be tougher than before. I was lucky when I came here..they were still lax. Try the agencies you know and trusted...but no guarantees given.

many nurses work as health care assistants but they too have difficult times...
go on darling...have a shot/

thanks for that drkimharry...
yes i had a thought about it...well i think there is no harm in trying isn't it???
many thanks....

vbkelly
22nd July 2008, 10:05
thanks for that drkimharry...
yes i had a thought about it...well i think there is no harm in trying isn't it???
many thanks....

hi trina as far as i know you need to study again it doesn't matter if you are registered nurse in the PI

trina
22nd July 2008, 15:31
hi trina as far as i know you need to study again it doesn't matter if you are registered nurse in the PI

yep... is that a 20 days course??? I had an inquiry about it...and what about that NVQ level for caregivers...????

jguanlao
24th July 2008, 19:00
yep... is that a 20 days course??? I had an inquiry about it...and what about that NVQ level for caregivers...????

you can have your NVQ before you work as a caregiver. but lots of temp agency don't usually require it because once they hire you and happy with your performance they will let you get the NVQ while working..

im afraid that there is no easy way to register in NMC.. take first the IELTS then ask them about your situation.

trina
24th July 2008, 21:54
Thanks for that....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

xebec
26th July 2008, 16:54
Has anyone any direct experience of taking the IELTS? My fiance, now in London as of last Wednesday, is a qualified midwife with 14 years experience in Manila and I think good English. But the prospect of IELTS is daunting.

If there is any reassurance on the exam which could be given I think it would boost her confidence. Also is there any easy way to assess English skills to know how far she is away from the IELTS standard?

Thanks

andypaul
26th July 2008, 17:46
Has anyone any direct experience of taking the IELTS? My fiance, now in London as of last Wednesday, is a qualified midwife with 14 years experience in Manila and I think good English. But the prospect of IELTS is daunting.

If there is any reassurance on the exam which could be given I think it would boost her confidence. Also is there any easy way to assess English skills to know how far she is away from the IELTS standard?

Thanks

Ielts is from my Wifes experience is not as bad as it first seems as it really is well worked out to test your abilty with out any silly tricks.

I.e you either know it or you dont.

The reading and listening are the easist to asses your self with test questions.

What level does she need to obtain? is she required to take general or academic?

The Wife who i helped remotely studied with the help of books, cds, mp3s i bought of the net from a company and watching the BBC and british films.

Very basic but it worked for her:xxgrinning--00xx3:

after a few more days to settle in find some good material particularly test material and set up a room for your Fiance to take a mini version of the test.

The Wife suprised herself with her listening score in the exam and it was one she worried about

From your point of few you also need to study what is required so you can help by practising both listening and speaking skills.

Many find the speakng skills the hardest due to nerves from what I remeber of reading of those who have taken the exams on the net.
But with practise its not to bad and the wife didn't find it half as bad as she expected.

English lesson if you can find and afford them are handy but best to find out the Wifes level at present.

xebec
26th July 2008, 19:19
Thanks for the reply. Its the Academic level required and I think (from memory) its a pass at level 7 across the board thats required

joebloggs
26th July 2008, 21:12
not easy at your first attempt to get a 7 overall, as you don't know what to expect :doh. an all day exam of reading, writing, listening and speaking.

yes you need the academic one, there are lots of web sites, books, audio cd's out there for the ielts.

my wife got an avg 6.5 the first time, second time she got a 7, but as your pass cert only last 2yrs, she had to take it again and got a 7 again without any revision at all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ghey2
19th August 2008, 06:56
Hello hello hello! I am Grace from the Philippines. I am an RN and currently employed in a medical and diagnostic clinic, but soon I will be having my training in a tertiary hospital! Woohoo. Well I wanna meet people here who can share info with me on how I can apply as a nurse in the UK.

Thanks in advance!

NIZAS48
4th October 2008, 23:08
Anyone here who knows about NMC ADAPATATION? how much is it? where?? HOW?

PLS EMAIL ME: NIZAS48@YAHOO.CA