PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry regarding Student Employment VISA and etc.

TARZAN
10th July 2006, 02:40
Greetings in Peace!!!

I am a 26 year old Filipino and currently working as a computer programmer here in the Philippines. Last month an Immigration Consultancy firm posted an ad in our local newspaper saying something like "..... fastest way to go to UK". Which is... to become a student. I was intrigued so I did some researches in the net. I found healthcaretrainingacademy.com who is accepting foreign students.

Question now are...

1. Does healthcaretrainingacademy really exists?

2. If ever granted, I am suppose to take a 3-yr IT in Health Care Course. The class schedule is 1 or 2 days a week. Is this possible?

3. They said that the course curriculum requirement is 1 or 2 days work and there's a paid ojt which is 20-40 hours a week @ 5 pounds. Will the ojt fee suffice the expenses while studying there?

For now, these are my questions and there might be some more related to the initial questions.

I would also like to seek some advice if there are other alternatives to find a work in UK. I am currently working as a programmer in a University here in Baguio City, Philippines. In my 6 years stay here in the university, I have managed to design and now maintaining the Entire Students Accounts system of the university and other programs. Any kind of job would do. Related to my profession or not as long as I am capable to accomplish.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

KeithD
10th July 2006, 08:37
The UK goverment is no longer bringing in overseas health workers.

Start with these;

http://www.graduateshotline.com/suk2.html

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Prepare/Visa.htm

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/articles_show_nt1.asp?i=65009&L1=41000&a=41074

PS. UK is massively short of IT staff. You may try getting in with your present skills.

PPS. Why not make money in the Phil doing what you do now?
http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp
http://scriptlance.com/webmasters/

TARZAN
10th July 2006, 09:52
Thanks for the reply sir win2win.

Ur answers are very important to me.

With regards to ur question.. At present, my salary is good enough to support my family(wife and kid). However, when i started working, I promised my mom to continually give her financial support. Having a family of my own, that promise was cut. So everytime I think of it, i felt hurt.

For us Filipinos, a working abroad(like in UK) is preferred because your earnings in 2 years working there is equivalent to my earning 10 years working here... Understanding this logic, I would choose to sacrifice
for a couple of years then go back live a better life and take care of my investments rather than being here working day in day out. with less savings and there myt no investments at all.

At present, I also do freelances but I leave in a city without IT companies.. So i need to travel 6 hours a week going to manila every saturday night, show my accomplishment, take notes of revisions and addtional instructions, travel back again sunday night. Upon arrival monday morning, I go straight to my fulltime work.

Last month, there was a job offer for me in Manila. 25K a month. The problems is, Manila is not a safe place to live. So if ever I leave my current work, Id rather work abroad than work in Manila.

(sorry if my answer is very detailed.)

TARZAN
10th July 2006, 10:29
Sir win2win, do you also have some websites in mind offering IT jobs?

I registered to http://www.jobserve.com last May but I have not received any single reply from those I sent my resume. I cant blame them. Maybe they think I am one of the those fraudulent peeps in the net.

baboyako
12th July 2006, 21:40
jobserve will not give jobs to people who are not permitted to work in the uk.

the UK is full of IT workers, so i doubt you will get a visa for that.

KeithD
12th July 2006, 21:42
I keeping getting begging letters from IT companies wanting to sign me up :D Like I want to work 9-5, 5 days a week when I can do 8am-10pm, 7 days a week :cwm24: :Brick:

Camia
25th July 2006, 22:14
I got to this thread trying to investigate the same thing. Is it really a sustainable option? I heard that the tuition fee alone is 2,700 pounds. What about the place to stay, food and other neccessities?

How much is the consulting firm asking for processing the papers?

ervenescence
25th July 2006, 23:02
Everything here are too much from toilet paper to treating yourself to mr. mcdonalds, but forget about luxury things as those are only for beckham..lol . Some filipinos think that if you live in the UK, you hit the jackpot the reason of why they came with that conclusion because of the higher currency exchange, imagine £1 is to P97 and lets say that the average hour rate is £5 per hour for 8 hours so thats a massive equivalent already for us in the Philippines. We'll here thats not enough but better than nothing I would say. Here in our house, budget for foodshopping is £80-£130 a week, we got lucky if we can get less than what we expected, another pain in the ass is car petrol and maintenance only if you got one but expect for the fare for public transport as they are not that cheap especially taxi's :cwm24: .
But in my situation, I just got lucky to support my family and got chance to send my sisters to universities because I didn't pay anything in here, my husband have shoulders all of the expenses because he earns twice than me but I still contibute a lil though and treat him sometimes, only if I got spares :Rasp: .

Pauldo
26th July 2006, 03:47
Everything here are too much from toilet paper to treating yourself to mr. mcdonalds, but forget about luxury things as those are only for beckham..lol . Some filipinos think that if you live in the UK, you hit the jackpot the reason of why they came with that conclusion because of the higher currency exchange, imagine £1 is to P97 and lets say that the average hour rate is £5 per hour for 8 hours so thats a massive equivalent already for us in the Philippines. We'll here thats not enough but better than nothing I would say. Here in our house, budget for foodshopping is £80-£130 a week, we got lucky if we can get less than what we expected, another pain in the ass is car petrol and maintenance only if you got one but expect for the fare for public transport as they are not that cheap especially taxi's :cwm24: .

And to think I used to grumble if my wife spent more than 2000 pesos on a shopping trolley full to the brim when we lived in Angeles City.....:bigcry:

£20 ??????????????????? :cwm24: :NoNo:

KeithD
26th July 2006, 08:36
Costs me £20 for 2 days of fancy fruit & veg :NoNo: I do wish she'd just naw a carrot :xxgrinning--00xx3: