PDA

View Full Version : 19 mos in UK...

robeth
6th July 2008, 09:59
and i feel like 100 years older....:Help1:

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

working 6 days a week and still end up with nothing...:doh

in the philippines, you can have the time and no money...
here, no time and no money...isnt that great?

anyways, still should be grateful...
here is not hot as it is in the phils tho...

just want to vent :)

KeithD
6th July 2008, 10:02
Why not send hubby out to do two jobs while you sit at home :)

walesrob
6th July 2008, 10:03

Luxury! I've been in the UK all my life. You wonder why us Brits just want to get out of here :Erm:

jonnijon
6th July 2008, 10:04
Im afraid the grass is not always greener on the other side.Then the tax man cometh :cwm23:

vbkelly
6th July 2008, 10:04

good idea boss keith:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th July 2008, 10:11
just don't bother working, state will pay you :D
just no sunshine or nice beach to lazy around on :NoNo: in the uk

andypaul
6th July 2008, 10:16

We have the Sun it down here in Sunny London, we just pull the sky curtains when the mancs and scousers come down for a visit:D

Thats why sometimes you see a bit of sunshine down here in the south on your visits the sky curtains blow out of place. Bonkers Boris and before him Red Ken then send out the specially trained pigeons in traflgar square to pull them back into place:D

Mrs.JMajor
6th July 2008, 10:50
Now u scared me Robeth :NoNo: the reason why until now i find hard myself :Help1: decide to relocate, working too hard then u cant save any money :bigcry::bigcry:

KeithD
6th July 2008, 11:57
I don't think many have money in the UK debt with the increases in living, and no extra income to cover it. Most folk are now 10% worse off than this time last year.....but at least infaltion is only around 3% eh....we're saved :doh

Gordon.....KISS HERE >>> :action-smiley-081:

Mrs.JMajor
6th July 2008, 14:04

Terrible boss,u really such that funny :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

who is Gordon anyway :Erm: ---:icon_lol::icon_lol::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

walesrob
6th July 2008, 14:08

Jilted John from 1978 - Gordon is a Moron - http://www.metrolyrics.com/jilted-john-lyrics-jilted-john.html (Jilted John is actually John Shuttleworth, him of Austin Ambassador)

KeithD
6th July 2008, 14:22

:doh Gordon ":butthead:" Brown :D

telford
6th July 2008, 14:51

thats why my husband dont wanna go back there.. he love to stay in Philippines...:) but we need to go back there coz we're running out of food!:bigcry:

andypaul
6th July 2008, 15:33
:doh Gordon ":butthead:" Brown :D

Someone is going to have fun with the life in the uk test:D

kimmi
6th July 2008, 18:30

I understand what u said sis, but well we still have to be thankful for what we have at least here we can afford things eventhough they gone to the roof..Like you I am also working almost everyday now, and hubby and I decided how to share the expenses, so far its doing ok..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

I don't think many have money in the UK debt with the increases in living, and no extra income to cover it. Most folk are now 10% worse off than this time last year.....but at least infaltion is only around 3% eh....we're saved :doh

:icon_lol::icon_lol::bigcry::doh

USA
6th July 2008, 19:02

Welcome to the Western World!
I`ll clue you in, if you dont have it figured out yet--Your chains are owned by the City of London and Wall Street. The gang bosses work out of Parliament and Washington DC.:cwm23:
All you can do is try to make the best of it. Good luck to you!

bornatbirth
6th July 2008, 19:56

im sorry to hear ur not having a nice time,why are u working 6 days aweek and still no cash?

robeth
6th July 2008, 21:10

How i wish!!
but hubby will only give me £20 per week allowance ! :cwm34: if im lucky?

robeth
6th July 2008, 21:12

but you need to have 9 kids and be on holiday every 6 mos !!!:cwm3:

or be a suspect for terrorism for you to get £1k a month!!

:angry:

robeth
6th July 2008, 21:14
Now u scared me Robeth :NoNo: the reason why until now i find hard myself :Help1: decide to relocate, working too hard then u cant save any money :bigcry::bigcry:

its alright Jed, i am reading a book at the moment of HOW TO GET RICH IN A LAZY WAY...will give you some info if im finish....:cwm12:

only 2 ways:

1. spend less
2. earn more

lizaphil
6th July 2008, 21:19
im sorry to hear ur not having a nice time,why are u working 6 days aweek and still no cash?

because of the high TAX. and the time you get your salary there is nothing left??:bigcry:

gracia143
6th July 2008, 21:20

:icon_lol:

robeth
6th July 2008, 21:22

bec i walk 30 mins everyday from house to the station to reach my workplace and i need a good pair of shoes...

now im hook of shopping for more shoes...bec i only get 30 pairs so far...and keep telling hubby that i dont have to pay petrol and parking ticket...so have to have more shoes!!

anybody want a brand new slip on prada shoes size 3,5 UK? am listing them thru ebay...

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
6th July 2008, 21:23
because of the high TAX. and the time you get your salary there is nothing left??:bigcry:

But at least your medical care and social security back up if God forbd you needed either is there for free:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The Wife still looks for the cash desk when we leave hospital:D

andypaul
6th July 2008, 21:24
Welcome to the Western World!
I`ll clue you in, if you dont have it figured out yet--Your chains are owned by the City of London and Wall Street. The gang bosses work out of Parliament and Washington DC.:cwm23:
All you can do is try to make the best of it. Good luck to you!

Very very true:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
6th July 2008, 21:36
bec i walk 30 mins everyday from house to the station to reach my workplace and i need a good pair of shoes...

try riding a bike,u need no more shoes,no more walking and u get there quicker tpp:xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
6th July 2008, 22:07

same here sad to say:bigcry: atleast you just 19 mos, me 60 mos:bigcry::bigcry:. if I don't work I'll be lucky if my hubby will give me £10/week:NoNo: if I work he's lucky he get half of my wages:omg::ARsurrender:

Mrs.JMajor
7th July 2008, 01:21
now im hook of shopping for more shoes...bec i only get 30 pairs so far...and keep telling hubby that i dont have to pay petrol and parking ticket...so have to have more shoes!!
anybody want a brand new slip on prada shoes size 3,5 UK? am listing them thru ebay...

:icon_lol::icon_lol: make me laugh beth,:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

robeth
7th July 2008, 08:03

bec everything is so expensive and i share in paying the bills, and the more i work the higher the tax i pay.

need to have 4 jobs i think and get paid in CASH! :idea:

vbkelly
7th July 2008, 09:36
How i wish!!

aw £20 per week its terrible

KeithD
7th July 2008, 09:59
Enjoy today :BouncyHappy:

For it may get worse tomorrow :angry:

Higher food costs
Higher fuel costs
Higher taxes

....and worst of all.....you will probably still be alive to enjoy it! :omg:

aromulus
7th July 2008, 11:22
I find to my shock and horror that there is a lot of month left, at the end of the money.....:omg:

My fuel bill is in telephone numbers figures, my tax rebate has vanished into adjustments to the tax code....

Help..............:omg:

telford
7th July 2008, 15:33
[B]be cool mate... anywhere we go, it's all getting worse...at least, there in UK, there's lots of jobs, unlike here in Philippines. Though, UK is getting more expensive, if we work hard, then we will not starve,unlike in other countries, even how they wanted to work,but there's no available job.
Like me and my husband, we really wanted to stay here in Philippines for good coz we already have our own little house that we don't worry for mortgage, we don't need to pay for council tax and TV license,etc... but we still need to go back to the UK to earn money, coz here in Philippines it's not as expensive as UK but we have no income here to sustain our daily expenses.especially the business here is getting crazy.
lucky for those who are pensioners already, at least they will enjoy their pension if they will spend it here in Philippines than in UK.
so for us that have no pension yet and no big savings, we have to accept and enjoy the expensive life in UK either we like it or not... no choice:NoNo:

kimmi
7th July 2008, 18:30
Enjoy today :BouncyHappy:

For it may get worse tomorrow :angry:

Higher food costs
Higher fuel costs
Higher taxes

....and worst of all.....you will probably still be alive to enjoy it! :omg:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: couldn't agree for more..:doh

Frances
8th July 2008, 03:02
how much is the tax deduction?

IainBusby
8th July 2008, 10:07

Toooooooooooooooooooo Much!

vbkelly
8th July 2008, 10:24

if any body read this news from news of the world, THE BIGGEST PAY-OUT

Frances
8th July 2008, 12:24

explain tooooooooooooo much.thank's.:cwm12:

IainBusby
8th July 2008, 12:42
Tax and National Insurance take about 40% of your salary before you even see it and that's just the start of it, after that just about everthing else has 17.5% VAT (Value Added Tax) added and the only things that are not taxed as far as I am aware are food and childrens clothing.

As far as fuel duty is concerned that is currently taxed at about £0.5035 + VAT of 17.5% on the full retail price, which currently totals up to about £1.20 per litre.
Iain

Frances
8th July 2008, 12:53
Thank you Iain for the detailed explaination.

tomm
8th July 2008, 12:58
Tax and National Insurance take about 40% of your salary before you even see it and that's just the start of it, after that just about everthing else has 17.5% VAT (Value Added Tax) added and the only things that are not taxed as far as I am aware are food and childrens clothing.

As far as fuel duty is concerned that is currently taxed at about £0.5035 + VAT of 17.5% on the full retail price, which currently totals up to about £1.20 per litre.
Iain

You're obviously on loads of money and taxed at a higher rate :Erm:

vbkelly
8th July 2008, 13:00
How i wish!!

you working 6days a week and end up no money and your hubby just give £20 allowance a week ,why you allowed your hubby to keep all your money thats your wages its alright sharing to pay the house bills but not all of your wages.....

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

tomm
8th July 2008, 13:45

For people earning less than £34,000 PA, the basic rate of tax is 22%. However, you don't pay tax on your entire salary... there is a personal allowance. For example, if your salary was £15,000 PA, you would receive a personal allowance of £5000 approx, meaning you only pay tax on £10,000 not the full £15,000.

National insurance is about 11% I think but this is not a tax. This is your contribution to the benefits system, to cover health care etc. :)

Frances
8th July 2008, 14:03
For people earning less than £34,000 PA, the basic rate of tax is 22%. However, you don't pay tax on your entire salary... there is a personal allowance. For example, if your salary was £15,000 PA, you would receive a personal allowance of £5000 approx, meaning you only pay tax on £10,000 not the full £15,000.

National insurance is about 11% I think but this is not a tax. This is your contribution to the benefits system, to cover health care etc. :)

Thank you tomm for explaining further.:)

IainBusby
8th July 2008, 16:19

Whatever...... It's still Toooooooooooooooo Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

Mrs.JMajor
9th July 2008, 00:51
Whatever...... It's still Toooooooooooooooo Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

Then go and live to the Philippines that u even can cheat your tax not to pay it,but expect the 350 pesos daily wage :rolleyes:

robeth
9th July 2008, 07:21
you working 6days a week and end up no money and your hubby just give £20 allowance a week ,why you allowed your hubby to keep all your money thats your wages its alright sharing to pay the house bills but not all of your wages.....

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

£20 a week Only if i am not working!

Actually £20 a week allowance is too much for someone who gets free rent, free meals, free cuddles, free broadband and an extension holder of his credit card...not to mention all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....:Help1:

He is curious whats left in my bank account (which he says is always BIG secret ) :Cuckoo: but not interested in taking my money....I pay my bills myself...and his bills himself...

vbkelly
9th July 2008, 14:07
all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....

you mean robeth he want you to pay back all expenses he paid to you to get here, what a nice couple, will exactly the same to my friend thats what her hubby said to her,her wages is not enough to pay (sa mag ina) visa's to get here in UK

kimmi
9th July 2008, 18:32
ILR is already £950????:omg::omg::omg::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::CompBuster:

jonnijon
9th July 2008, 18:48
Only £950 if you apply in person,think its £750 by post.

kimmi
9th July 2008, 19:08
that's a relief, thanks for clarifying jonnijon..:)

kimmi
9th July 2008, 19:09
that's a relief, thanks for clarifying jonnijon..:)

robeth
11th July 2008, 20:43
all the expenses he paid for me to get here in UK ..and soon the ILR...which is £950....

you mean robeth he want you to pay back all expenses he paid to you to get here, what a nice couple, will exactly the same to my friend thats what her hubby said to her,her wages is not enough to pay (sa mag ina) visa's to get here in UK

NOPE it doesnt mean that he want me to pay back all the expenses he spent on me but i VOLUNTARILY want to share because i think its the most sensible thing to do. He WAS quite well off and he's not "garapal" about money, which I appreciate.

Mrs Daddy
12th July 2008, 15:33
same here I voluntarily shared some of my wage to my hubby robeth as I dont want to be a laid housewife.I want to at least gives back a little bit of the kindness he is showing me and as well to help him a bit for financial expenses although he didnt asked me to but I offered coz I know its not cheap living in U.K before when I wansnt working I also get 20 pound a week but then I get bored staying at home all day long and counting days so I really insisted on working even if he doesnt want me to.I am not used of staying at home.I am more on a busy side of life:)

nigel
12th July 2008, 16:38
:Erm: There's been no talk about buying or owning property in this thread..:Erm: I reckon the only real way to make money in Britain is too get a mortgage on a property (even if it's just a one bedroom flat like me and Vimvie have..) in 20 years time it could be worth three times more than you payed for it. :REGamblMoney01HL1: I've recently had the opportunity to buy a freehold garage and although I don't even need it, I borrowed a further £14,000 on my mortgage to buy it. I may rent it out but it's full of my old junk at the moment. So what I'm saying is, if you intend to live in this country for 20 or 25 years, buy a property! I can't believe that sometimes people get the opportunity to buy their council houses at a discounted price - and they turn the offer down!:doh Buy! Buy! Buy! Not buying could mean you've thrown away the chance of ever making any money!!:yikes: Renting a place means your throwing your money away, get a mortgage on a property and you'll be quids in the future!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
12th July 2008, 16:58
:Erm: There's been no talk about buying or owning property in this thread..:Erm: I reckon the only real way to make money in Britain is too get a mortgage on a property (even if it's just a one bedroom flat like me and Vimvie have..) in 20 years time it could be worth three times more than you payed for it. :REGamblMoney01HL1: I've recently had the opportunity to buy a freehold garage and although I don't even need it, I borrowed a further £14,000 on my mortgage to buy it. I may rent it out but it's full of my old junk at the moment. So what I'm saying is, if you intend to live in this country for 20 or 25 years, buy a property! I can't believe that sometimes people get the opportunity to buy their council houses at a discounted price - and they turn the offer down!:doh Buy! Buy! Buy! Not buying could mean you've thrown away the chance of ever making any money!!:yikes: Renting a place means your throwing your money away, get a mortgage on a property and you'll be quids in the future!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Again? Jeez, what are you an estate agent or something? :rolleyes:

Mrs Daddy
12th July 2008, 17:17
why bolden letters:Erm:we can see quite alright yet:NoNo:

Mrs Daddy
12th July 2008, 17:19
sowi nigel but your recent reply to this thread doesnt make sense to the topic :Erm:

andypaul
12th July 2008, 18:06
NOPE it doesnt mean that he want me to pay back all the expenses he spent on me but i VOLUNTARILY want to share because i think its the most sensible thing to do. He WAS quite well off and he's not "garapal" about money, which I appreciate.

Quite right to your partners and should share both the good times, bad times and the burden.

Many uk partners may have made a tremdous sacrfice so you can be together and sometimes digging in to life savings, taking loans and alsorts.

Relationships shouldn't be based on who owns/earns what but relationships can defintely be burdened by money issues.

My Wife earns and if she wants trips to phill or something for her self she earns it herself. She will also be paying her British citzenship fees herself.
She is happen with this situation as thats how we want her little bro and sis brought up and our kids.

I.e if you want something you pay for it yourself not rely on others.

When my Wife didn't work and now days with her Bro and Sis they have an allowance and they have to manage all on that. I also only pay myself an allowance and once its spent tough luck no more snacks at work or pints down the pub. The rest goes to our houshold for all to share.

Remeber we dont hide the money tree from you phills it doesn't exist:omg:

walesrob
12th July 2008, 18:22

I've been looking all my life for that money tree. You don't mean to say there is no Money Tree? :rolleyes: I've been conned. :Cuckoo:

kimmi
12th July 2008, 18:34
Quite right to your partners and should share both the good times, bad times and the burden.

Many uk partners may have made a tremdous sacrfice so you can be together and sometimes digging in to life savings, taking loans and alsorts.

Relationships shouldn't be based on who owns/earns what but relationships can defintely be burdened by money issues.

My Wife earns and if she wants trips to phill or something for her self she earns it herself. She will also be paying her British citzenship fees herself.
She is happen with this situation as thats how we want her little bro and sis brought up and our kids.

I.e if you want something you pay for it yourself not rely on others.

When my Wife didn't work and now days with her Bro and Sis they have an allowance and they have to manage all on that. I also only pay myself an allowance and once its spent tough luck no more snacks at work or pints down the pub. The rest goes to our houshold for all to share.

I agree with u Kuya Andy, like ur wife I can easily share to our household expenses now that I am working..:xxgrinning--00xx3: