PDA

View Full Version : Sending A Desktop Computer to Phils.

rands
8th July 2006, 16:40
I've been trying to look for a sea cargo company here in the UK to send my desktop computer to the Philippines. Does anybody on the board know of any or can recommend somewhere? Cheers!!!!

Rands:)

aromulus
8th July 2006, 18:37
Bad idea... I believe the import taxes will be just as high as buying a new one overthere. I took one in my suitcase last may with no problems at all, all I bought in Cebu was a keyboard, Monitor and a printer, and those were dirt cheap. The problem is that Globe is taking its sweet time installing Broadband in the area, we were told that it was already available, but they lied rather convincingly.

KeithD
9th July 2006, 08:48
I took one in the luggae when I last went, just the PC box though. I'd just send the money though, and get the other end to haggle over a price for something half decent.

maldita
11th July 2006, 21:09
I'd have to agree with them. Just send her the money. According to the box from DHL, Adrian's company spent £600 to send him the pc when his laptop died (that's only the 21" LCD and and Dell Optiplex). Heck, that's the price of 3 PCs (or 2 if she's into gaming and overclocks).