PDA

View Full Version : younger british

eljean
7th July 2006, 17:48
good day to all...i just registered today....im eljean from davao but im currently in japan now...but ill be going back home on july 20. last march i chatted with a 19 years old english man...since then we have talked everyday then we get to know one another i know anyone for sure will get to jump into a sudden conclusion that he is someone that is reel i had that first impression too im 26 years old i can say that he is just fun looking guy at first but whats wrong in making conversation to anyone who is friendly and polite since then we talked everyday email everyday....woe never had someone as consistent as him... ...then feelings started to build....... then sharing and telling life experiences....hes mature enough to handle conversation i am surprise that there could still be like that at this days...i nver been into a younger man ever since but i give him the chance to get to know me as i get to know him as well.....then we started to have feelings for one another like finding the right one towards each other.....he tot i was in the philippines....but i told him i am not....then he decided to meet me last may 9 here in japan....he proposed to me then i say yes we have a great mometns together hes a first time traveller i never felt any age gap between us....hes sweet thoughtful and anything any girl who wish to have....i know his age is the biggest question here but u have to meet him to tell if he is really 19 years old......hes home then he booked a flight to davao philippines this september to meet my family and to ask my parents personally to marry me....i know i am over age to that marriage consent i was just concern about my fiance age....is there a great chance of refusal becoz he gets to marry an older filipina woman than his age his just 19 but he got a great job hes single...we were so inlove....he is going to meet 2 times this year....then after he gets to visit me in davao then thats the time i am going to apply for fiancee visa....i am bothered about this...does he can have fair chances just like any other can have.....please enlighten me.....thanks for all the responses.....good day!;)

ivor&mel
7th July 2006, 19:11
Hi Eljean,

The age difference should be no reason for a visa refusal, so don't worry about that :) There are lots of people on the forum with bigger age differences than you two - both ways! Just concentrate on getting things right for the visa application and possible interview.

There's lots of information relevant to the process you have to go through both here and on Pete's site (http://www.british-filipino.com/), so you should read it - both of you - so that you understand what it's all about. This forum is the best place for realistic, practical, helpful information and advice, from people who have actually been through the process themselves.

Basically, what you should be doing now is understanding the process, accumulating evidence of relationship, and also not trying to rush it, no matter how much you hate being apart from each other. I would suggest that you don't think about getting engaged until your relationship has been going for at least a year and you have met a couple of times - speed does not impress the British Embassy!

Anyway, have a read and tell your bf to do the same! The forum will still be here when you're ready to ask about things that worry you or that you don't understand - unless Keith does a moonlight flit :D

Good luck to you both. You have a lot to learn, a lot to do. Just enjoy as much of it as you can :)

KeithD
8th July 2006, 08:19
My missus is 9 years old than me, so no worries......and Ivor is 101, while Mel is only 17....both are still full of spunk though :icon_eek:

Just take it nice and easy, don't rush. When he comes to see you take him to the excellent shanty village, and bathe in the clear blue waters of the Davao River :yikes:

eljean
8th July 2006, 08:41
lol...i cant do that to him lol....i can hear him saying omg omg...hes too poilite and kind....british are to passionate when they fall in love any way im gonna post a pic so anyone can see....lol

ivor&mel
8th July 2006, 09:43
Thanks a lot, Keith - I told you not to tell anyone our true ages :rolleyes:

ervenescence
8th July 2006, 10:47
Hello eljean,
Welcome to the forum im from Davao as well.
Don't worry about age difference its nothing to do with the visa as long as your relationship is genuine and your fiance have enough funds to support you, then you will be alright.

Goodluck ;)

KeithD
8th July 2006, 13:54
My missus is from Davao, she says if they ever nuke the place, it'll look better :icon_lol:

Eljohno
8th July 2006, 17:43
Ivor you are 101 wow, why did you not invite us all to your 100th birthday party lol

ivor&mel
8th July 2006, 18:12
I'm still writing out the invitations! Managed one so far... :D

russ01539
9th July 2006, 01:36
I'm still writing out the invitations! Managed one so far... :D

Is that due to memory loss or arthiritus ? :eek: :confused:

ivor&mel
9th July 2006, 08:30
It's because I have Alzheimers. But at least I don't have Alzheimers :Erm:

russ01539
9th July 2006, 17:26
You just said that, or did you? You just said that or did u ?

eljean
10th July 2006, 13:46
greeting to everyone in the forum! i just wanna know if there is such thing as qualified wages for a british for an ECO to say hes financially capable of supporting me in uk if i ever get to apply for a fiance like for he earn 250 pounds in a week and hes been working for about 3 years since he started he is just 19 and sometimes he can get more if he goes overtime...he can buy anything he like hes still living with his parent but he do give money to his parents for food and anything like that...so do u think its ok he doesnt have any assets just savings and is there any thing such as a right savings amount of him to have and how much should u think like does he needs to work for a couple of year before we get to apply so it will be good in the embassy cos for sure by that time he gets to have a lot of money in the bank
i need to have a answer with this anyone who relate plssss i beg to know....thanks!god bless

KeithD
10th July 2006, 14:57
You should have started a new thread Eljean!

If you SEARCH you'll find the answer is he earns enough.

russ01539
10th July 2006, 23:09
I know of a couple where the guy earned 130 pounds a week part time, and lived with his parents too. The wrote a statement to the ECO saying with their blessing they would provide housing and food towards the support of the wife. The got their visa. I thnk the ECO looks at what money the breadwinner is earning and also what his monthly costs are. If you partner can show he earns more than he spends he will pass your application.

The ECO will want to see a bank account that Has money in it. NOT an overdraft - as we found out to our cost on our first application. The ECO will be even more impressed if you can both demonstrate that you already have the money saved to buy your plane ticket to get to the UK, and also suffiecient money to have the wedding that you are planning.

Hope that helps.

eljean
11th July 2006, 05:48
hi russ thanks for that....he told me that he is going to pay for all the cost in applying fiancee visa plane tickets and everything....i just have to do the applying....and i think he have that enough funds to pay for everything he doesnt spend too much he has a savings already since he started to work within three years so it gives me bit relief just a bit...but its a great help in a way thanks again and have a nice day good day ahead!

KeithD
11th July 2006, 08:36
Some Filipino's (our friend included) think that in the UK you need to earn hundreds a week :icon_eek:

But you can get by on £100 a week (costs me that for fish, fruit & veg :Erm: )

Just remember to tell him to not leave the TV on stanby :)

ajwafa
15th July 2006, 09:47
We have same sentiments, lol.....financial matters, well before I thought that was one of the hindrances. My fiance is also earning same as yours.Plus, he is also supporting his parents, he lived with them as well. Well, luckily ECO are not that complicated, I think, in that cases. I have visited him last year for about 5 mos. I didn't have problems getting a 6 mos visitors visa. But, yes he has some savings though, not much, but it helped.

I went home 2 months ago, and because before going home we bought a 25 yrs. to pay apartment, he has less money now, cause we had to pay the processing, plus he still is paying bills in his parents house.

Anyway to make the story short, since we got enagaged last december when I was still in UK, I have to start processing my fiance's visa when I got here.

This time he does not have much savings as last year when I processed my visitors visa, but guess what, I got my visa last week, mailed , no interview this time. So, don't ever think thats a problem.

You just need to satisfy the ECO with all the evidences of your relationship.

As what the moderators say here, you just have to take your time.

Good Luck and God Bless

eljean
15th July 2006, 14:51
Good day to you...you think hmmmmm....maybe you have granted for the reason that you were be able to visit him in uk it means you have enough funds to support your self....hmmmm how old is you and he?hmmmm.....and also was it really good for someone who have been out in the country as tourist we meet in japan....and how long was your communication takes?were you in england now....thank you for that its good to have someone who shared some experience about going through the same thing.....god bless:BouncyHappy:

ajwafa
17th July 2006, 11:29
Good day to you...you think hmmmmm....maybe you have granted for the reason that you were be able to visit him in uk it means you have enough funds to support your self....hmmmm how old is you and he?hmmmm.....and also was it really good for someone who have been out in the country as tourist we meet in japan....and how long was your communication takes?were you in england now....thank you for that its good to have someone who shared some experience about going through the same thing.....god bless:BouncyHappy:

Hi Eljean,

No don't have money, I am even independent from my parents, I had a job though, but I've resigned before going to UK. He sponsored everything.

He is 33, I am 25. I will post some photos soon.

WE started Oct. 2004 and he visited my july 05 and flew in UK nov. 05.

I am still here in PI.

Just be positive....