PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Fastracks Machine Readable Passport Processing To July 2008

LadyJ
2nd July 2008, 09:12
EMBASSY FASTRACKS MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT PROCESSING TO JULY 2008

Effective 01 July 2008, the Philippine Embassy in London will be ready to process applications for the machine readable passport (MRP). This will be done side by side with the phasing out of the issuance of the green passport by the end of July 2008.

While it has been announced earlier that the Embassy will officially start accepting applications for MRP in August of 2008, systems are now in place to begin processing the issuance of a more secure passport effective 01 July 2008. This will also allow all passport applicants to obtain the machine readable passport earlier than initially announced in order to facilitate immigration clearance when they travel outside the United Kingdom.

Applicants are kindly advised to personally submit their MRP application form along with three (3) passport size photographs with royal blue background and other requirements as stipulated in the form.

Based on a trial run by the Department of Foreign Affairs on applications received from Philippine foreign service posts, the Embassy is assured by the DFA that the new passports may be claimed within a few weeks after processing.

Ambassador Edgardo B. Espiritu is requesting all kababayans to please bear with the Embassy in this effort to improve the quality and security of the Philippine passport, especially as the personal appearance of all passport applicants shall now be required starting from 1 July 2008.

The Embassy is ready to provide the fullest assistance and support to our kababayans in order to make the transition period as convenient as possible.

http://www.philemb.org.uk/

Mrs.JMajor
2nd July 2008, 09:44
Thats my Anne,always informative post.....thanks,hope you're doing great :Hellooo::cwm38::)

LadyJ
2nd July 2008, 09:53
Thats my Anne,always informative post.....thanks,hope you're doing great :Hellooo::cwm38::)

Thanks! I'm just quite bored this morning...nothing to do.:cwm3:

Piamed
2nd July 2008, 10:05
Hi LadyJ, are MRPs equivalent to the biometric passports?

dondi
8th July 2008, 23:01
I think they are different..

Biometric passports have imbedded chips that store information about the holder including picture, fingerprint, etc., similar to the UK passports being issued now. The info can sometimes be read even before you reach the immigration desk as they carry a small antannea that transmits the data.

MPRs on the other hand need to be swiped for the info to be read. These are stored on the bottom part of the data page, with 2 lines of numbers and characters.

I had my PI passport renewed last week and it will take at least 6 weeks processing according to embassy officials. They have to send the forms to Manila. The only difference from the previous system, is that you have to appear in person, stamp your signature and fingerprint to the forms, provide 3 pictures with royal blue background, and wait a little longer for your new passport.

Don't mind the waiting time, I think the new MRPs will be quicker to process in airports and immigration counters compared to the hand-written old PI passports. I've seen a friend's MRP and it looks really nice.. just like a proper passport :-)

Piamed
9th July 2008, 06:44
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: