PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been waiting longer than 9 weeks

phillip
30th June 2008, 20:32
hello my fiancee frances and i have been waiting for 9 weeks now for our fiancee visa.we are both finding it so stressfull some people have theirs already and applied after we did ,has anyone else been waiting longer than 9 weeks for their fiancee visa.we both could do with some reasuring,thank you everyone on here for being so helpfull and supporting .phillip

Piamed
30th June 2008, 20:45
Hi Philip

My wife is awaiting her spousal visa but as far as i can determine these things do not always go in chronological order. This might be because of the individual workloads of the officers each case is assigned to as well as their rate of working, etc.

It is indeed frustrating, especially when you see others getting theirs and you are still waiting. Sorry I cant be more reassuring; perhaps others with specific and personal experiences will comment further.

All the best!

Sconnie
1st July 2008, 07:47
Hi Philip,

We are into our 6th. week now, yes the waiting is terrible but nothing we can do about it, from what i have seen on the forum the average time to wait at the moment seems to be eight weeks, however the Embassy is relocating at the moment and therefore might add some time to the process, we just have to be patient, although that is easier to say than do.

Good luck,

John and Vanessa.

kimmi
1st July 2008, 19:40
hi Philip, dont worry too much about ur fiancee's visa application I understand how stressful it is but we can't do anything about it..as long as u made sure u submitted all the important documents for the application who knows it will be granted sooner than u thought..

Goodluck to Frances, to Pia and Vanessa as well:)

Piamed
2nd July 2008, 00:55
hi Philip, dont worry too much about ur fiancee's visa application I understand how stressful it is but we can't do anything about it..as long as u made sure u submitted all the important documents for the application who knows it will be granted sooner than u thought..

Goodluck to Frances, to Pia and Vanessa as well:)

Maraming salamat amiga!

Frances
2nd July 2008, 01:01
Thank you kimmi,Piamed and Sconnie for the thoughtful advises.

Piamed
2nd July 2008, 01:19
You are welcome amiga. All the best to you!

telford
2nd July 2008, 04:09
dont worry guys,the longer you can have your visa the more excitement you can have to be with your loveones...just dont lost hope, as long as you submitted all documents thats being required,then no need to worry...just enjoy chatting online for the mean time.

benb
8th July 2008, 15:50
Hi Philip,

We are into our 6th. week now, yes the waiting is terrible but nothing we can do about it, from what i have seen on the forum the average time to wait at the moment seems to be eight weeks, however the Embassy is relocating at the moment and therefore might add some time to the process, we just have to be patient, although that is easier to say than do.

Good luck,

John and Vanessa.

Hi John,

we are into our 8th week now and still no reply. :Brick:

Good luck!
Ben B

winner
8th July 2008, 16:32
if you not heard anythink yet all your paper work is good any time now our get your visa keep smiling and your soon be here

Piamed
8th July 2008, 16:36
8 weeks tomorrow!

benb
8th July 2008, 16:48
My wife applied for the settlement visa as we got married in April 08 in the Philippines. It was a fantastic wedding. :) Previously, her tourist visa was rejected back in Dec 07, as she was not in a stable job. She is currently not working and hope that this will not be a criteria for the settlement visa.

On the website, it says that the embassy targets to process applications in 3 months, so I suppose I might have to wait for that long or even longer. :bigcry: It is annoying, considering that the settlement is expensive and one should expect a much better service.

Regards,
Ben B

Frances
8th July 2008, 17:56
We are on our 10th week now.Goodluck to all of us.

phillip
8th July 2008, 18:01
just to update everyone Frances and I have just gone into our 11th week of waiting ,its becomming a terrible strain but i guess we keep our heads up and hope it will be granted soon.phillip

kimmi
8th July 2008, 18:08
We are on our 10th week now.Goodluck to all of us.

just to update everyone Frances and I have just gone into our 11th week of waiting ,its becomming a terrible strain but i guess we keep our heads up and hope it will be granted soon.phillip

Dont worry too much Philip and Frances who knows visa will arrive on the 12th week..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: just making u smile..:) Goodluck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Frances
8th July 2008, 18:22
Thank you kimmi you've been great help to me and Phillip,we appreciate it. God bless you. : )

kimmi
8th July 2008, 18:33
Thank you kimmi you've been great help to me and Phillip,we appreciate it. God bless you. : )

u are always welcome sis, that's why we are a family here we always helped each other in time of needs..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck again, hope ur next post is uve got ur visa already..:D