PDA

View Full Version : New Annoucments regarding illegitamate Children

ginapeterb
6th July 2006, 09:41
Good News: New Announcement regarding Children Fathered by British Citizens to Filipino Girlfriends Fiancee's

The British Nationality and Asylum act 2006 has just come into force on the 1st July 2006.

This act is aimed at those British Fathers who obtained their nationality as a British Citizen by descent, if they now father a child with a Filipino citizen after the 1st July 2006, provided that the Fathers name is on the birth certificate before the Child reaches the age of 12 months, the child will automatically have the right of British Citizenship.

However there are further rules, the British Embassy overseas, may demand a DNA Test to establish paternity if required.

The new rules only apply to a child whose birth certificate is registered on or after the 1st July 2006.

Those Fathers who have registered there childs birth in the Philippines before this date, have 2 options.

1. They marry the mother before the child reaches the age of 18 years, and apply for registration of the child.

2. They may apply for discretionary registration if not married, however, this may be refused and is not an automatic right of entitlement.

This good news effectively means that any British man who now fathers a child in the Philippines out of wedlock, can go with the Mother to the NSO, and have the child registered with his name, they may also go to the British Embassy Manila and declare paternity, in the event of citizenship being applied for in respect of the child, the British Embassy are now duty bound to accept such an application, (with or without DNA Testing) once having been proved, the child will automatically obtain British Nationality through descent.

This new law was designed to give British Fathers, the same rights as British Mothers.

This may be of some interest to readers on this forum and may affect them.

ginapeterb
7th July 2006, 09:27
Obviously this post didnt attract much respone, so none of you are in this position then hehehehehehe

KeithD
7th July 2006, 09:40
I bet you've got a mailbox full this morning on the subject :)

ginapeterb
7th July 2006, 10:11
I would have thought this post is of significant interest, hahahah, but I will post on the website.

KeithD
7th July 2006, 10:29
I like the DNA test.....as if some people would try to fiddle the system :rolleyes:

russ01539
7th July 2006, 21:42
Does that mean the CSA will send money to the mother of the child to help support it ? Or will the Philippine government cotton on instead ?

ginapeterb
10th July 2006, 20:42
There are currently no plans to move jurisdiction to the Philippines on Child Support.

russ01539
10th July 2006, 23:29
So your saying the CSA will get off my case for the collection of support for my 17 children, for which i get thousands in benefits for in a month, funding my lavish lifestyle in tropical climes.

(Not that I have 17 children) But I think I may have found a loophole here !