Presents

Yorkshire Barrio Fiesta
06 July 2008 (Sunday)
10 am - 5 pm
Mansion Lane
Roundhay Park
Leeds
West Yorkshire

The park is huge with a full 700 acres of Parkland, Lakes and Woodland.
Buses to and from the city centre, run every 30 minutes.
The numbers 2 and 12 drop you off straight outside the park.
3 miles off from Leeds City Centre, off the A58 Wetherby Road at Oakwood .Or accessible from the A6120 Leeds Ringroad.

free entrance… free parking on site ...
Cultural show (ati-atihan concept)
Oriental Food stalls * Handicrafts* Thai, Japanese,
Filipino cooking demonstration, lots of stalls…..

Plus “ Stars In Your Eyes “ singing competition.

Piamed
29th June 2008, 22:56
I was planning to go with Pia as its less than 10 mins drive from our house but I guess it depends on whether we are back by then following her visa being granted. I am hopeful.

Sconnie
30th June 2008, 07:42
I will go to this on Sunday, anyone else going ?

flomike
30th June 2008, 21:08
I will go to this on Sunday, anyone else going ?

hi sconnie. we might go there as Leeds is about an hour drive to our place we live in Malton (between York and Scarborough). I hope we can meet there???

Tish
30th June 2008, 21:33
I'll do my best to make it there this Sunday. I just talk it throug with hubby now, and he seems fine with it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe we could all try making something that will make it easier for us to meet whilst there? What do you think guyz? :D

Sconnie
1st July 2008, 07:49
Great,
How do we arrange to meet, I will drive down with my parents from Newcastle expect to be there by 2pm.

IainBusby
1st July 2008, 08:25
Great,
How do we arrange to meet, I will drive down with my parents from Newcastle expect to be there by 2pm.

I think Keith should go to all of these festivals and set up a FilipinoUK stall where he can sell his watches and take a few bets on the side, then we would all have an ideal place to meet up.:D:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
1st July 2008, 08:33
I'll do my best to make it there this Sunday. I just talk it throug with hubby now, and he seems fine with it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe we could all try making something that will make it easier for us to meet whilst there? What do you think guyz? :D

How about wearing the Punky Shirt which Boss selling it on ebay:rolleyes::D

:doh I wish we can join as well:NoNo::NoNo::cwm34:

Tish
1st July 2008, 19:17
I think Keith should go to all of these festivals and set up a FilipinoUK stall where he can sell his watches and take a few bets on the side, then we would all have an ideal place to meet up.:D:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sounds good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or what about the Boss supplying us with black T-shirt with filipino uk logo for free:icon_lol: Only joing Boss!! :Rasp:

But I don't mind paying for it really :Hellooo:

Tish
1st July 2008, 19:19
Great,

I will try and get there before lunch, so that I could eat some more yummy filipino food :xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
1st July 2008, 22:00
Great,

Hi sconnie thanks for the message i send you one too, but not sure if you get it as it is my first time doing it....hope to see you all there.

flomike:)

Sconnie
2nd July 2008, 08:10
Did not receive a message :-( and cant send a private message to you with my mobile number I receive this notice when I try :

flomike has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove flomike from the recipient list and send the message again.

flomike
4th July 2008, 20:06
Did not receive a message :-( and cant send a private message to you with my mobile number I receive this notice when I try :

flomike has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove flomike from the recipient list and send the message again.

hi sconnie sorry for that, anyway, i got your message and your phone number just incase we go to fiesta I send you a text so we can meet there...see you there

andy17
5th July 2008, 00:39
:Hellooo:
I'll be going with a group of about 8 or so other people - should be good fun!!

KeithD
5th July 2008, 09:23
Wouldn't a Barrio in Newcastle be great? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It would be like listening to two seperate chicken farms at once :)

Sconnie
5th July 2008, 14:21
OK Mike I found you message eventually and have your number, hope to see you there and that the rain stops

Piamed
6th July 2008, 06:48
I'll be there by 12pm! See you there!

andy17
6th July 2008, 09:11
Hi Piamed I'll be there also, look out for a group of about 8 making far too much noise... probably by the food stalls! Cheers! :wiggle::9::BouncyHappy::Rasp::Wine::xxparty-smiley-050::Jump:

Piamed
6th July 2008, 10:27
Hi Piamed I'll be there also, look out for a group of about 8 making far too much noise... probably by the food stalls! Cheers! :wiggle::9::BouncyHappy::Rasp::Wine::xxparty-smiley-050::Jump:

Hi Andy

I'll either turn up as Johnny no mates or tag along with a bigger version of myself. Hope to see you there. Think its gonna be muddy!!! :NoNo:

andy17
9th July 2008, 22:58
Hi Andy

I'll either turn up as Johnny no mates or tag along with a bigger version of myself. Hope to see you there. Think its gonna be muddy!!! :NoNo:

Hi Piamed, Sconnie and Tish,
Great to see you all at the Barrio Fiesta on Sunday! Pity not all of our group turned up but it was still a good day out. I have a few photos... I'll try to upload them here.
I wish I could go to the one in London but I'll be in Boston until Monday. Toks, you never know, I might bump into you in Logan Airport on Sunday!
Cheers!
:Wave:
Andy

Piamed
9th July 2008, 23:11
Great to see you all at the Barrio Fiesta on Sunday! Pity not all of our group turned up but it was still a good day out. I have a few photos... I'll try to upload them here.
I wish I could go to the one in London but I'll be in Boston until Monday. Toks, you never know, I might bump into you in Logan Airport on Sunday!
Cheers!
Andy

Hi John, Tish and Andy

It was truly nice to meet you all. It was a really nice day.

John, I hope your parents enjoyed the day albeit a wet one. It did get better. I look forward to seeing your pics, especially the ones I want to share with Pia - you know the ones I mean :D

Enjoyed our chat Andy. I postponed my trip across US for now. Hope to see you soon ad that you find that special one soon. Thanks for posting the pics.

Hey Tish, hope your young man is working out by now..:)

pennybarry
10th July 2008, 10:29
Yorkshire “Maharlika” Filipino Club
Presents

Yorkshire Barrio Fiesta
06 July 2008 (Sunday)
10 am - 5 pm
Mansion Lane
Roundhay Park
Leeds
West Yorkshire

The park is huge with a full 700 acres of Parkland, Lakes and Woodland.
Buses to and from the city centre, run every 30 minutes.
The numbers 2 and 12 drop you off straight outside the park.
3 miles off from Leeds City Centre, off the A58 Wetherby Road at Oakwood .Or accessible from the A6120 Leeds Ringroad.

free entrance… free parking on site ...
Cultural show (ati-atihan concept)
Oriental Food stalls * Handicrafts* Thai, Japanese,
Filipino cooking demonstration, lots of stalls…..

Plus “ Stars In Your Eyes “ singing competition.

How many hours drive from Berwick Upon Tweed to Yorkshire? Any exact post code? We went to Stockton on Tees Festival about 5 hrs return drive and I suffered from food poison. I had lechon, dinuguan,kare-kare and 1 pint of UBE ice cream.:bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2008, 10:53
Awww sorry to hear that pennybarry

-----------------------------------------------------------------

wow u really enjoyed one,thanks for sharing the pictures andy

pennybarry
10th July 2008, 12:08
Awww sorry to hear that pennybarry

wow u really enjoyed one,thanks for sharing the pictures andy

Thanks jed ! your wish is my command :icon_lol:

http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-5&pos=0

penny

Sconnie
10th July 2008, 12:48
Hi Toks, Tish Andy,

It was great meeting you on Sunday even though it was short and not the best weather.
I have put some pictures into the gallery.

Hope to see you all soon.

Tish
10th July 2008, 17:55
Hey Tish, hope your young man is working out by now..:)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeh, by lifting his beer up and down!! :doh

Tish
10th July 2008, 17:57
Hi Toks, Tish Andy,

It was great meeting you on Sunday even though it was short and not the best weather.
I have put some pictures into the gallery.

Hope to see you all soon.

Nice to meet up with you too, and hope to see you again. Maybe next time we meet, your Lady will be with you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
10th July 2008, 17:59
Cheers!
Andy

Hi Andy, nice to meet you too. Shame we didn't get to chat more. But there's always next time (there's always Barrio Fiesta here, there and everywhere now :icon_lol:)

Tish

andy17
10th July 2008, 21:41
Hi Andy, nice to meet you too. Shame we didn't get to chat more. But there's always next time (there's always Barrio Fiesta here, there and everywhere now :icon_lol:)

Tish

Hi Tish,
Yeah, wish we could have chatted longer, but I'm sure we'll all meet up at one of the numerous fiestas! It was a really nice family atmosphere on Sunday - great to see all the kids enjoy the fun!
Until next party-time...
Cheers
Andy
:Beer:

patti1227
12th July 2008, 09:00
Cheers!
Andy

Lovely smiles!:cwm12: Feels good looking at the wonderful faces of the four of you and other attendees. Sure all of you had a great time there.

Thank you for uploading the photos and safe travel to you and Toks. :)

patti1227
12th July 2008, 09:05
Hi John, Tish and Andy

It was truly nice to meet you all. It was a really nice day.

John, I hope your parents enjoyed the day albeit a wet one. It did get better. I look forward to seeing your pics, especially the ones I want to share with Pia - you know the ones I mean :D

Enjoyed our chat Andy. I postponed my trip across US for now. Hope to see you soon ad that you find that special one soon. Thanks for posting the pics.

Hey Tish, hope your young man is working out by now..:)

Read it late,hihi:Rasp::doh You're tall Toks. Are you a six footer?

patti1227
12th July 2008, 09:13
Thanks jed ! your wish is my command :icon_lol:

http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-5&pos=0

penny

Glad to know you are already doing fine now.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I can tell you had fun with your ever glowing smile! Spread the love onesan.:cwm12: