PDA

View Full Version : A Good Year for Gordon Brown?

walesrob
29th June 2008, 20:44
:Erm:

So says Alan Johnson....

Is he on the same planet as the rest of us?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080629/tuk-good-year-for-brown-says-johnson-6323e80.html

"Gordon Brown has had "a good year" as Prime Minister and will win over voters, Health Secretary Alan Johnson insisted despite mounting woes for Labour...."

So coming 5th place in a by-election good is it?

But Mr Johnson said Mr Brown was "well equipped" to run the country.

Yeah right :icon_lol:

Even Ken Livingstone is not betting on Labour winning the next election: he backed the PM to steer the economy clear of recession but said he would not bet on a Labour general election win.

And now it seems Labour's financial backers are getting nervous:

Business guru Sir Gerry Robinson told the BBC Mr Brown was "showing all the signs of not being a capable leader" and had left the party in "probably an impossible position to come back from". Sir Gerry, who gave Labour £70,000 between 2001 and 2005, said he would no longer be giving the party his financial backing. "It is very straightforward. I think Labour are looking in a lot of trouble and I think Brown is showing all the signs of not being a capable leader," he told BBC1's Andrew Marr Show.

:behead:

KeithD
29th June 2008, 20:47
Quick Gordon.....sell all the gold...the price is about to go up :rolleyes:

Budget 09: 40% flate rate for those on minimum wage, 20% for those over £40,000 .........that'll sort the 10% hassle out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

"I've got the country going full steam ahead. What :censored: iceberg?" :doh

andypaul
29th June 2008, 21:02
The labour party are millions in debt so why would i think they could run the ecomony any better?