PDA

View Full Version : Post

Shamrockdave2003
5th July 2006, 09:41
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice here.

I need to post something small to my mahal in Quezon,now i have never posted anything before and i have been told that the postal system is terrible and that most letters never reach there destination any ideas anyone got experience of this, and what would you recommed or what service would you use.

Thanks for your help in advance

walesrob
5th July 2006, 09:59
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice here.

I need to post something small to my mahal in Quezon,now i have never posted anything before and i have been told that the postal system is terrible and that most letters never reach there destination any ideas anyone got experience of this, and what would you recommed or what service would you use.

Thanks for your help in advance

Its the luck of the draw really. Nearly all the letters I sent Elsa before she came to the UK never arrived :NoNo: , makes you realise what a great service the Royal Mail provide here in the UK.

If its something of value, use a courier, however its a bit pricey.

ivor&mel
5th July 2006, 10:29
The only realistic advice is what Rob has given. Personally, I've had no losses with things I've posted, just occasional delays: a VCD I made took about 2 months to get to Mel. As Rob says... luck of the draw. But I would never send something through the post that I couldn't afford to lose.

Philip
5th July 2006, 18:41
If you use Royal Mail, ask to send using the 'International Signed For' service, every letter and card I have sent using this has arrived safely.

Your mahal will recieve a claim stub/card from the post office telling her that the item has arrived and she will then have to take that and go to the post office to collect it.

Of course you will need to pay extra, If I remember correctly it's been about £4 or so per letter.

baboyako
5th July 2006, 19:12
I've sent 5 or 6 letters & a parcel to davao. all arrived ok (letters 10days, parcel more like 20).

I wouldn't risk anything of value. It's down to the luck of the draw..

edit- that was all using the cheapest stamps!! (60p for letters?, 3 quid for the parcel?)

ginapeterb
5th July 2006, 20:54
Philip makes a good point, International signed for service costs about £5.00 more, but the item has to be bar code scanned, ordinary letters seem to get to Phils ok, my wife always got all the letters I sent, if its important, use Fedex to send anything expensive, but beware of electronic goods, they attract a customs charge, and the recipient has to pay this before delivery.

Eljohno
5th July 2006, 22:16
It has been the same with me with all parcels getting through fine although i know of someone who sent a package from Norway about 2 weeks before Christmas and it arrived just after Easter....