PDA

View Full Version : Bank Account

KeithD
4th July 2006, 11:45
Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, buy our friend has been told by someone :confused: applying for a visa, she needs a Philippine bank account!! Seems bull to me, what use it is if she comes here?? :Erm:

The 'other' person said they have to prove that her boyfriend sends money!! Eh!!! Not all do, as sometimes it is a thing called love!!:Rasp:

Philip
4th July 2006, 11:59
Do you not need a bank account to get the two managers checks to pay for the visa and ukvacs?

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 12:19
Mel had no bank account in Phil, and we got the Manager's Checks. But it was a bit of a struggle getting the staff to issue one. I think the fact that they knew Mel helped - it was the bank where she picked up the Xoom transfer money I used to send. So... it is easier if she has a bank account, but (a) not impossible without and (b) even with a bank account, be prepared for a bit of Filipino bureacracy

Eljohno
4th July 2006, 13:00
Rhea had to open a bank account (5000 pesos) before she was able to get a manager's cheque but as ivor said it is possible to get one without an account.....

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 13:36
It might be an idea to talk first to whoever is in charge at the bank. We had a word with some manager who was sitting around, asked him if it would be possible to get a Manager's Check if we had no account with the bank and explained what we needed it for - he just nodded, which we took as saying "no problem" :) It was the counter-clerk who gave us hassle about it after we'd been queuing for ages and was rather obstructive. The banks charge for drawing up the cheque, so I don't know what their problem is!

scotsfiancee
14th July 2006, 15:08
GUys!

If you want to open a bank account like PCI Equitable Bank, its only 3,000 pesos for deposit anfd they will give the card after 1 week..

Bank of the Philippine Island (BPI) deposit is ony 500 pesos but before one month you have to deposit 3,000 so it will not deactivated.

Metrobank its only 3,000 pesos to open

All you have to bring is 2 valid ID's (photo copy) but of course you have to bring the original...
1 (1x1) picture
Birth certificate

I guess thats all, and its very easy thats for savings account(ATM) they will release it after 1 week of your apply! I guess it will be better if you will open an account .... for your filipina gf only........

ginapeterb
14th July 2006, 16:27
i would like to hear from any of the guys, if they have a Filipino bank account with ATM card in the Phils, or a joint one with their girl...I want to hear from those ones, so that would help me...as I dont have one with Gina, I tried BPI.. but they wanted an Alien Cert of Registration, which obviously I cannot get.

Any ideas ?

KeithD
15th July 2006, 09:55
Apart from you looking like an alien.....No!! :xxparty-smiley-004: