PDA

View Full Version : officialy 1 week now

SephEan
26th June 2008, 11:00
Hi everyone!! been busy for a while. today is my frst week here in u.k. and i have fever. i have cold. is this really this cold on summer here? oh my goodness! although i love it my body needs to adjust.

would like to congratulate islander for getting her visa! hows Piamed?

KeithD
26th June 2008, 11:02
It's not usually this warm :Erm: :D

SephEan
26th June 2008, 11:06
:omg: Really?!! oh my :doh really need to get use to it.

IainBusby
26th June 2008, 12:16
Your quite lucky really, it's quite warm at the moment, my wife came at the end of September 2006. Just you wait until winter, January and February. But at least you've got some time to get used to it before then.
Iain.

angel1231
26th June 2008, 12:32
hello:Hellooo:... u feel cold now tomorrow its warm ...the next days who knows as the weather brings here in uk i get fed up of the weather here .......anyway welcome to uk...

telford
26th June 2008, 13:24
dont worry girl...you're not alone..during my first days there,im also having trouble adjusting the climate..especially i came on winter season.i got bad sore troath,cold,fever..... you'll be ok soon...:)

David House
26th June 2008, 13:31
My wife took a while to adjust but she sooned learned to really love the English spring and summer, so I feel sure you will too. When she first saw the snow I could not keep her indoors. She wrapped up in a thick coat and played like a big kid for hours. She is now totally weather hardened and she once went swimming in the sea in November, something very few British born people ever do. She can even adjust to the heat and humidity easily when we go back to Cebu so don't worry. I hope you enjoy all our country has to offer and soon make lots of lovely friends.

Piamed
26th June 2008, 14:04
Hi everyone!! been busy for a while. today is my frst week here in u.k. and i have fever. i have cold. is this really this cold on summer here? oh my goodness! although i love it my body needs to adjust.

Hi SephEan

Welcome to the UK. Sorry about your fever and cold. Unfortunately, thsi is British weather - always up and down! Aside from the cold, how have you found the UK? Which things have you really noticed as being different to the you or your expectations?

Pia has not yet received her visa ut we are hoping that she will receive it very soon.

God bless you!

Toks

Mrs.JMajor
26th June 2008, 14:08
Hi toks,
how many weeks already by now ?

Piamed
26th June 2008, 14:11
Hi Amiga

6 and a half weeks or 43 days. So long.

Pepe n Pilar
26th June 2008, 14:25
welcome to the UK SephEan. You'll get used to the cold weather soon. When i first arrived from Manila i felt the same way too but now i can go walking to the town center at 16-18 degrees wearing my sleveless tops and open sandals. Hubby smiled and was surprised bec i told him in the Phils we consider it a bit cold if it's 20-21 degrees.:)

islander
26th June 2008, 14:49

hey sis!

its nice to hear from you again although its sad to hear that you're sick.

thanks for your greetings! btw, i will also be leaving on july 9, my hubby will come over to pick me up.

sis, if you don't mind, what can you suggest or advice to me before i'll fly?

thanks ahead sis & get well soon!

IainBusby
26th June 2008, 15:25
hey sis!

thanks for your greetings! btw, i will also be leaving on july 9, my hubby will come over to pick me up.

Get your hubby to buy you some thermal underwear!

Mrs Daddy
26th June 2008, 17:56
welcome sephean to very unpredictable weather in u.k dont wori as they said you`ll get use to it.on my first day here it was snowing and i kinda excited but it was freezing cold thought i had a frooze bite(lol):)

misscarie
26th June 2008, 22:57

Hello Sephean,

it's nice to hear that you are now in the UK with ur hubby..dont worry hubby will warm you :Rasp: and feel u comfortable..Take Care and god bless you always.

misscarie
26th June 2008, 23:03
Hi Amiga

6 and a half weeks or 43 days. So long.

Same here:Hellooo:

jedc143
how many weeks already by now ?

Hello ate juliet,how are you po? :)

marylen
27th June 2008, 06:03
hello sephean...glad you'll be able to catch up the forum...oh its been like yesterday that you were asking for some help regarding visa stuff and now that luckily you were there already in uk.............gosh time fly so fast.......good luck Sephean...

pennybarry
27th June 2008, 07:02
WElcome Sephean! This weather is already warm. Unlike last year, it was cold and wet summer.
Ala eh Batangas ka pala! We're neighbor then. What part of UK r u?

Le'em
27th June 2008, 07:32
hello sephean, yeah good that we both arrived here this summer, my fiance says that its better that i arrived summer so i can adjust the weather here, well tomorow is my 4rth week here, wonder if you have yahoo messenger, then we can chat...by the way if you dont mind what location are you here....im lookin for friends here also, i have some but its only my close relatives here.......welcome here abroad.....

Le'em
27th June 2008, 07:41
guess what Sephean, i got colds and flue sab before, and thats natural coz ur adjusting pa and you hate the fact that its killin you, i think mine took almost 3 weeks..im shy to talk to anyone else coz im really sick hehehehehe...but you can do it girl.....just enjoy and dont think about it too much to less stress....and my fiance says that one reason also for having that is, maybe you got it from the plane...

vbkelly
27th June 2008, 10:47

hi sephean welcome to the UK yeah they called it summer but wait till winter time.

Alan
27th June 2008, 11:38
is this really this cold on summer here?

Yes!

Al.:)

SephEan
27th June 2008, 13:39
thanks to your responses!! im feeling better now, though i still have tonsillitis, good thing my fever went down..i can't imagine how cold it would be on winter...oh my!!..wish me luck guys!!..thanks again!

SephEan
27th June 2008, 13:46
Hi SephEan how have you found the UK? Which things have you really noticed as being different to the you or your expectations?

Pia has not yet received her visa ut we are hoping that she will receive it very soon.

God bless you!

Toks

Hi Piamed!! U.k. is WOW! very clean and organize.. this is more than i expected. although im having difficulties in understanding english accent, and worried if im gonna be able to find english friends.

About Pia's visa, for sure she's gonna have it soon.

Piamed
27th June 2008, 13:55
Hi Piamed!! U.k. is WOW! very clean and organize.. this is more than i expected. although im having difficulties in understanding english accent, and worried if im gonna be able to find english friends.

About Pia's visa, for sure she's gonna have it soon.

I'm glad you like it here. It's funy cause we often complain how the UK is. Accents are a problem. Especially when the locals are not used to adjusting their speach to accommodate those for whom English is not the first language.

I'm sure you will make many friends.

I really pray about Pia coming here soon. I worried about her even more now.

SephEan
27th June 2008, 15:04
hey sis!

Hello sis!! im so happy for you. just be ready to a cold weather. Bring some jackets, warmer socks, trainer shoes, jogging pants/PJs, clothes to make u warm.. eat your fave pinoy food coz ive been here just 1 week and im missing pinoy food already.

Chest Xray is important, if you don't want to get hold at Health Check counter for more than 5 mins., better have ur xray there..They gonna ask u for that. and have ur dental work there too, its xpensive here, they said. and once u get here sis, ask ur hubby to get u registered to his GP. unlike in our country u can go to the doctor anytime, its not like tht here. Where are u gonna stay here by the way?

Bring chewing gum on the plane to make u stay fresh, coz its gonna be a long flight. We took Cathay Pacific, and im only entitled for 20 kilos, but i was able to bring 24 kilos, im not sure if .. and hey VERY IMPORTANT if u haven't have ur CFO sticker on ur passport yet, u better go there and have it. They wouldn't let u go without it even if u have ur visa.

Good Luck Sis!! Happy Trip!!:Hellooo:

Le'em
27th June 2008, 15:04
Accents are a problem...yeah yeah your right....the accent, as we in Phils, were sorrounded by people whos using American accent and even our english lessons in our universities mostly derived from American authors......but its fun...and we have same problem as well, its really hard to understand esp those native english....

but dont worry english people can understand us, and they are polite for us....cheersss..
even my fiance helped me a lot for this...my fiance's friends asked me once if im american hehehe wow wow thats great heheheheh lol lol lol, well anyways lets enjoy being here .....

SephEan
27th June 2008, 15:07
hello sephean, yeah good that we both arrived here this summer, my fiance says that its better that i arrived summer so i can adjust the weather here, well tomorow is my 4rth week here, wonder if you have yahoo messenger, then we can chat...by the way if you dont mind what location are you here....im lookin for friends here also, i have some but its only my close relatives here.......welcome here abroad.....

hi le'em!! im in tilehurst reading...where are u?

SephEan
27th June 2008, 15:10
WElcome Sephean! This weather is already warm. Unlike last year, it was cold and wet summer.
Ala eh Batangas ka pala! We're neighbor then. What part of UK r u?

Hi Penny!! Aaay uow hindi ko ga nabanggit sa iyo..hehehe!!! Im in Tilehurst Reading.. Do you know this place? where u here ?

Le'em
27th June 2008, 15:13
hello SephEan , yeah im from cebu and im in london now......hmmm wonder if where is that? hehehehe do u have yahoo messenger...u can send it to my profile if its okay for u im online now

SephEan
27th June 2008, 15:31
hello SephEan , yeah im from cebu and im in london now......hmmm wonder if where is that? hehehehe do u have yahoo messenger...u can send it to my profile if its okay for u im online now

bluntean@yahoo.com