PDA

View Full Version : Still Excited to Visit the Land of Smiles

ginapeterb
24th June 2008, 22:51
I still get a buzz out of going home to the country I call my second home !

Its been great reading al your stories over last year about how many of you have gone out to the land of smiles and cute babae's and found love, after all its not that hard is it boys ! but less we not forget it not just you guys but we have a lady on the forum who found love with a Filipino gentleman, and I know we all wish her well, its the cruise ship lady, and we wish her well.

But you know I want to share with you the fact that it doesnt really matter how long ago I travelled the same road as you all travelled, I still get that excitement and buzz inside me when my time comes near to make that nostalgic trip to the far side of the world.

Do you still get the countdown feeling as I do, when you know its only a matter of a few weeks before you pack your snorkelling kit, and your flip flops, and grab some new t shirts, and start thinking of what you will do when you get in country, and where you will visit, I know many of you save up all your hard earned pennies so that you can go to be with your girl, and good on all of you that sacrifice to do that.

There are many married couples here at the forum, some of with children, some who have not as yet, how does it feel when you know its not long before you climb aboard that big bird to take you back.

Whats your girl doing about 4 weeks before your scheduled to go back, is she figuring out what to put in the balik bayan box, and what about 2 weeks before you go, she is busy in her bedroom sorting out her clothes, and re packing and packing her suitcase, if your anything like me, your probably laughing and chuckling that you don't bother packing until the day before, but then again, your not a FILIPINA are you !

What about the day before, when all of a sudden you have to go to Tesco or something and buy an extra suitcase for all the bars of cadbury's chocolates she decides to buy on special ! have you noticed how they love buy 1 take 1 offers !,

Cadbury's bars at buy 1 take 1, costs you about £50.00 and then your carry on suitcase can hardly carry the weight, I know what youre thinking, geeeze is this guy a fly on the wall in our house, well not actually, its just that all the girls do that.

If its not Spam, its corned beef, and Kenco coffee, its an exciting time for all concerned, I would be the first to admit, I kind of laugh at Miss Gina when she goes to Tesco and buys enough cadburys chocolate to give out to the whole Purok.

Its all part of the excitement of that nostalgic trip back home, If like me you remember President Ferdinand Marcos and those days before Cory Aquino, Fidel Ramos, Erap and PGMA, you will remember he coined the phrase, balik bayan, returning heroes to be precise, those ones who lived in foreign countries who came home with lots of pesos to spend and gifts galore, suitcases full of every good thing, travelling thousands of miles from foreign lands visitng families from far flung destinations.

Well I guess I am trying to say, my time is coming near, if like me you like to do the countdown, its 30 days to go, yes only 30 days to go, or if you want to be precise, 29 days and a wake up, is a better description, yes that time has come, I am following some of you back for that nostalgic trip, to see how the philippines is, after 1 whole year, I know its only 1 whole year, but my time is coming, only 29 and a wake up, the next 29 days are going to be hard, especially as I have to stay focused on my work until I am ready to hand in the last contract, make the last phone call, turn off the gas, close the windows, lock the doors.

Its exciting di ba ?

Do you all feel like this....

Visit number 11 in 29 days time.

Eljohno
25th June 2008, 01:52
Pete was is the exact dates you will be here just in case i am also still here and there was a chance of meeting up mate?

joebloggs
25th June 2008, 02:01
I still get a buzz out of going home to the country I call my second home !

to see how the philippines is, after 1 whole year, I know its only 1 whole year, but my time is coming, only 29 and a wake up, the next 29 days are going to be hard, especially as I have to stay focused on my work until I am ready to hand in the last contract, make the last phone call, turn off the gas, close the windows, lock the doors.

Its exciting di ba ?

Do you all feel like this....

Visit number 11 in 29 days time.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

your getting me excited :D, then i think of the 14hr flight :NoNo:

well me or the misses have not been back there for more than 3 yrs, cannot believe its 3yrs, might be another yr b4 we get back thou :cwm24:

11th trip :xxgrinning--00xx3: , my 8th will have to wait

have a great time in 29 days :rolleyes:

Alan
25th June 2008, 03:05
Latest news hot off the press Peter - Bacolod is still there and smiling.

Hope we can meet - also hope I can meet you too John.

Al.:)

Eljohno
26th June 2008, 01:04
Latest news hot off the press Peter - Bacolod is still there and smiling.

Hope we can meet - also hope I can meet you too John.

Hi Alan,

i am in Northern Mindanao at the moment and will be moving onto Cebu on July 14th then Bohol for a few nights then back to Cebu so not sure if you are anywhere near there as it would be great to meet up over a chicken joy (my wife's fav)

Alan
26th June 2008, 03:13
Hi Alan,

i am in Northern Mindanao at the moment and will be moving onto Cebu on July 14th then Bohol for a few nights then back to Cebu so not sure if you are anywhere near there as it would be great to meet up over a chicken joy (my wife's fav)

Hi John.
I can easily meet you in Cebu. I look forward to it.

ginapeterb
26th June 2008, 08:29
Hi John, hate you for being in country ahead of me, hahahahaha, but glad to hear you made it back, we are in Hong Kong for 4 days starting 18th July, then 23rd in Manila, and then 24th back in Negros Island, then we will be hanging around and relaxing, but we have various trips planned so we will be in country until 9th August mate.

cruisingkerry
26th June 2008, 15:08
feeling very jealous of you Pete, even of the 14 hour flight!

Eljohno
27th June 2008, 01:09
Pete & Al,

i will be in Cebu from 15th July - 20th then of to Bohol for 5 nights then back to Cebu where we fly back to Manila on the 29th so hope we can arrange something....

ginapeterb
27th June 2008, 17:58
Thanks Kerry, I am jealous of myself also, not the 14 hour flight of course, its the thought of going to Punta Bulata resort in the Island Paradise of Southern Negros, where you can spend the long evenings watching the most beautiful sunset in the world go down whilst sipping on a mango shake with crushed ice, you should ask John McCullough about his hammock, its enough to make you throw your council tax bill in the bin.

kimmi
27th June 2008, 19:34
Oh wow, hope u will have a great trip my Kuya Peter..:)

purplealien
27th June 2008, 21:03
After 4 trips, I think I am getting used to the time on the plane, well mostly :cwm24:. I am already thinking about sorting my next trip the first week I am back in the UK. lol
Yesss, only 12 more weeks, and I will be back in Cebu with my baby :D Can't wait !

Eljohno
29th June 2008, 05:30
Thanks Kerry, I am jealous of myself also, not the 14 hour flight of course, its the thought of going to Punta Bulata resort in the Island Paradise of Southern Negros, where you can spend the long evenings watching the most beautiful sunset in the world go down whilst sipping on a mango shake with crushed ice, you should ask John McCullough about his hammock, its enough to make you throw your council tax bill in the bin.

I am due to send you another pic of me relaxing on a hammock in Bohol which i will be able to do soon:Rasp:

Do you think you will be in cebu on your trip to meet al and me or will you be too busy being the king of your castle Pete:ARsurrender:

LEAHnew
29th June 2008, 05:50
Hi kuya Pete and ate Gin..Have great Holiday here once again eventhough raining alot:cwm34::xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Gavanddal
29th June 2008, 06:00
Well judging by the other posts of doom and gloom, you're all going to get robbed and killed whilst you're in the Philippines.

Personally I'm an optimist and still look forward to being there.

Tish
29th June 2008, 10:57
I am due to send you another pic of me relaxing on a hammock in Bohol which i will be able to do soon:Rasp:

Do you think you will be in cebu on your trip to meet al and me or will you be too busy being the king of your castle Pete:ARsurrender:

I thought I'll beat you to it!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
29th June 2008, 10:58
Sunsets & mango shakes, the memories are so clear :)

Mrs.JMajor
29th June 2008, 11:10
Sunsets & mango shakes, the memories are so clear :)

Welcome back sim :) so you're in the Uk now? hope u had great holiday w/ your love

Eljohno
29th June 2008, 13:13

I thought I'll beat you to it!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Well done and your hammock even looks much better than the one i use in Bohol!!

Tish
29th June 2008, 13:37
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Well done and your hammock even looks much better than the one i use in Bohol!!

keithAngel
29th June 2008, 17:40
Well judging by the other posts of doom and gloom, you're all going to get robbed and killed whilst you're in the Philippines.

Personally I'm an optimist and still look forward to being there.

Apparently to many muggers were getting hurt by cheeky Joes who hadn't understood the rules so the local Robbers Union started a campaign to encourage people to hold there valuables in there hands ready for uncomplaining collection.

Its been to successful and now no ones on the streets after 5.30pm and they are now reduced to robbing each other

Back to the drawing board

Sim11UK
29th June 2008, 18:22
Welcome back sim :) so you're in the Uk now? hope u had great holiday w/ your love

Hi jedc143, yes I'm back in the UK. We had a great time thanks :).

Am I right in thinking, you live in Manila?
We stayed there friday night, I didn't see you? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
29th June 2008, 18:26
Apparently to many muggers were getting hurt by cheeky Joes who hadn't understood the rules so the local Robbers Union started a campaign to encourage people to hold there valuables in there hands ready for uncomplaining collection.

Its been to successful and now no ones on the streets after 5.30pm and they are now reduced to robbing each other

Back to the drawing board

After much thinking and Brainstorming the union decided on

Like here in the Uk they just get tooled up or go mob handed now:NoNo: