PDA

View Full Version : Passport question

stentona
24th June 2008, 21:59
I'm getting married here in the UK in Octoberb to my wonderful Philippina fiancee. Can she renew her passport here via the Philippine Embassy?

ginapeterb
24th June 2008, 22:15
naturally after all that is one of the functions of embassies within foreign countries to provide consular services to its own citizens resident in that country.

stentona
24th June 2008, 22:23
... thought that should be the case. I'm just about 'visa'd out' ... just sent all the supporting docs to my fiancee ready to apply for her settlement visa. Just been reading the tips ... I'm happy I'm 'on the right line' :BouncyHappy:

ginapeterb
24th June 2008, 22:34
Don't concern yourself unduly with those matters at present, your task right now is to get your girl into UK, once she is here, you can then attend to things like obtaining a replacement passport if hers is to run out.

You can always have the visa trasferred, for £150.00 or something like that, I know what youre thinking, more money "! I only have 1 word for you.

Mabuhay !"

IainBusby
25th June 2008, 08:52
I'm getting married here in the UK in Octoberb to my wonderful Philippina fiancee. Can she renew her passport here via the Philippine Embassy?

... thought that should be the case. I'm just about 'visa'd out' ... just sent all the supporting docs to my fiancee ready to apply for her settlement visa. Just been reading the tips ... I'm happy I'm 'on the right line' :BouncyHappy:

Hi Stentona,
Make sure she applies for the correct visa or you may waste some time amd money. If you are marrying in the UK, then she needs to apply for a Fiancee Visa. A Settlement Visa is the one you apply for if you have already married in the Philippines.
Cheers,
Iain.