PDA

View Full Version : Biometric Scan 4 Sponsored Visit Visa

steprose
24th June 2008, 17:40
:Hellooo:Hi guys, I have a question..

I'd like to ask if a biometric scan is really a must when applying for a sponsored visit visa? I'm wondering why I didn't have it when I lodged my application last June 3, 08...:confused:

After they took my docs and paid PHP300 for the courier, the officer told me to wait 10-15 working days.. it's on my 3rd week now and I've just tracked my status... "Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 03 Jun 2008".:yikes:

Thanks in advance...:BouncyHappy:

Rose (http://host.blogpostie.com/)

john sergison
24th June 2008, 18:51
hi rose

my 10 years old step daughter had biometric scan done when she put her application in for settlement visa , and we are now at 13 weeks and still no news only the same status as you when i look at tracking.

i was under the idea that all would have biometrics done what ever the visa.

good luck with your application

john

5olidsnake
24th June 2008, 20:08
"By the end of 2007 all visa applicants, will be required to supply 10 digit finger scans and a digital photograph when applying for a UK visa." (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/biometrics.aspx)

Mrs.JMajor
25th June 2008, 16:01
hmm... that was really surprising...or maybe you just pass by and u didnt notice the next step and straight you go outside the door already.. that was very important :doh

steprose
25th June 2008, 16:41
hmm... that was really surprising...or maybe you just pass by and u didnt notice the next step and straight you go outside the door already.. that was very important
Hi jedc143,

I didn't passed by the next step.. After I paid 300 pesos, I was waiting for her to tell me to wait for my biometrics, but instead, the lady officer told me, I don’t need to undergo biometrics and that I would have to wait for 10-15 working days for the result.

winner
25th June 2008, 23:09
thay not give you any visa without haveing your finger and photo prints done so make appointment now

steprose
25th June 2008, 23:20
But how? :( I mean, I made my appointment already.. Went to the Makati embassy and passed all the docs required, paid for the visa and courier.. So now waiting for the result. It's on my 3rd week. :(

winner
25th June 2008, 23:38
its best for you to phone tham tell tham that your application is at embassy cos thay will phone you or post you a letter saying were is your fingerprints and photo and this will delay everything so you phone tham when thay open good luck

steprose
26th June 2008, 00:40
Hi Winner,

Thanks for the advice...