PDA

View Full Version : Laptop

Shamrockdave2003
24th June 2008, 14:28
Anybody know of a good website in the Philippines for computers.

I want to buy a machine on the net that can be delivered to my wife's kids, so that when she comes here she can talk to them via skype whenver she wants.

Save my BT Bill :yikes:

Anyhelp appreciated

Cheers

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
24th June 2008, 19:06
http://www.wowphilippines.com/catalog/

Try this site Bob is 100% genuine guy.

keithAngel
24th June 2008, 20:30

I want to buy a machine on the net that can be delivered to my wife's kids, so that when she comes here she can talk to them via skype whenver she wants.

Anyhelp appreciated

Cheers

Sorry if i am teaching my grandmother.......it will also need the right internet service as not all are up to skype and cam depends also there location

mhynne
24th June 2008, 21:30
http://pcx.com.ph/

=)

Shamrockdave2003
24th June 2008, 23:01
KEITHANGEL

Sorry if i'm teaching my grandmother?????????

Would you like to to explain that comment pal? :cwm23:

walesrob
24th June 2008, 23:28
Sorry if i am teaching my grandmother....

Maybe I read it wrong, but that sounds like some kind of sarcasm directed at ShamrockDave.

This is a genuine request for information about buying a laptop in the Philippines, so can we please stick to the subject at hand.

pennybarry
25th June 2008, 06:45

Anyhelp appreciated

Cheers

Better buy them a PC not a Laptop as laptop is hard to repair in the Philippines. I usually buy at Enigma Sta. Rosa Laguna Branch where I can choose parts and their staffs will assemble infront of you. They have many branches in Philippines.

http://www.ebuyphils.com/
http://www.enigma-phil.com.ph

keithAngel
25th June 2008, 10:54
KEITHANGEL

It meant I was apologising in advance if the thought about connectivity had already been covered by you.

The full expression is ""Don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs"

keithAngel
25th June 2008, 10:55
Maybe I read it wrong, but that sounds like some kind of sarcasm directed at ShamrockDave.

This is a genuine request for information about buying a laptop in the Philippines, so can we please stick to the subject at hand.

You did read it wrong and jumped to conclusions from my own experience of skype it seemed a valid point to add since it was the ability to communicate at will that was the objective!!

KeithD
25th June 2008, 11:19
You did read it wrong and jumped to conclusions from my own experience of skype it seemed a valid point to add since it was the ability to communicate at will that was the objective!!
Then you didn't make it clear since you had to explain it to us. :)

keithAngel
25th June 2008, 11:59
Then you didn't make it clear since you had to explain it to us. :)

Your quiet correct I had thought that colloquialism better known for any among us who still dont get it

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/3/messages/539.html

KeithD
25th June 2008, 12:04
Your quiet correct I had thought that colloquialism better known for any among us who still dont get it

:Erm: That doesn't make sense either.....are you smoking some of Joe's special ciggies? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
25th June 2008, 12:31
:Erm: That doesn't make sense either.....are you smoking some of Joe's special ciggies? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A parallel universe perhaps

"To offer needless assistance; to waste one's efforts upon futile matters; especially, to offer advice to an expert."

Is the crux of it

:ARsurrender:

joebloggs
25th June 2008, 13:14

their not ciggies i sent you scouser kieth, there suppositories :yikes: :action-smiley-081: :doh

:D

Shamrockdave2003
25th June 2008, 13:33
I'm still waiting for the apology

KeithD
25th June 2008, 13:42
I'm still waiting for the apology
Accepted :rolleyes:

Shamrockdave2003
25th June 2008, 13:46
I ain't laughing Mr Administrator :cwm23:

KeithD
25th June 2008, 14:16
:Erm: No idea what you want an apology for, it was a misunderstanding of definition.

Shamrockdave2003
25th June 2008, 14:19
Walesrob didn't think so!

I have been on this forum since 2006 and never had a single problem with anyone, until this **** has to add his pennys worth, instead of just answering the question asked.

:NoNo:

KeithD
25th June 2008, 14:55
That's because Rob misread it as well, the same as many have just misread your other thread....I for one, do I get an apology?

Shamrockdave2003
25th June 2008, 15:31
:Brick:

aposhark
25th June 2008, 16:34
KEITHANGEL

:ARsurrender: Shamrockdave, I understood KeithAngel's comment without a problem.
Don't get angry if you don't understand someone's answer.
Ask them if you're not sure. :ARsurrender:
He wasn't calling you a grandmother, he shortened a well known phrase and he was trying to help you and you didn't realise it :rolleyes:

scott&ligaya
25th June 2008, 17:40
Got to agree with Aposhark, there was a genuine attempt to help by pointing out that there is more than just the computer to consider and also took the opportunity to apologise in advance if you were already aware of the connectivity issue. Cannot see why you are upset Shamrockdave? :)

Shamrockdave2003
25th June 2008, 18:14
Well check out what our Mr WIN2WIN has done to my rep.

All i did was ask a simple question - what do i get, someone English smartass. then his welsh buddy supports him.

Nothing ever changes does it :cwm23:

Sconnie
25th June 2008, 18:18
I agree about the grandmother sucking eggs thing, a misunderstanding BUT Win2Win is owed an apology for comments in your other thread SD.

Ps. is there a T missing your initials. joking, I know you can take a joke.

andypaul
25th June 2008, 18:49
http://pcx.com.ph/

=)

The missus bought her pc with them they have a fair few shops around not particularly cheap from what i remeber and the website was a little out of date but as good as say a phill version of Currys i guess.

I got Keith angels post and was making a valid point skype with voice chat will not be of a very decent quality if the connection is not very good, also depends on the amount of data allowed on package or cost per meg. Also some providers will block or at least restrict the ports which allow voip and p 2 p programs like skype to work.

KeithD
25th June 2008, 19:16
What an idiot. Mydelf & Rob stood up for him with the first misunderstanding, Keith explained it, and muppet Dave continued to act like a spoilt kid.

Bye Bye :Hellooo:

Alan
26th June 2008, 00:38
What a shame that happened. I understood Keith's response as being a well used idiom.
Clearly a very strong misunderstanding on Dave's part - and clearly an over-reaction.

That's my two cents anyway - or is it 10 cents?- or three pennyworth? - or 456,734 Vietnamese Dongs worth?

Al.:)

angel2008
26th June 2008, 00:56

Anyhelp appreciated

Cheers

try to inquire in Smart company they have promo 1999 every month for 2 years.. package include desktop and free internet connection for 2 years.

Eljohno
26th June 2008, 01:09
Not sure banning him was the right thing!!

Sconnie
26th June 2008, 07:54
Is he banned ? thought he left ?

KeithD
26th June 2008, 09:11
Not sure banning him was the right thing!!
You don't get the 'background' chatter. As folk here know, I seldom ban folk from my forums. And I believe having a public dig at the owner for no reason, is good enough anyway, without the other crap that went on.

People are here because they want to help other folk, and learn for themselves, step on the owners toes and I laugh it off, do it again & again, and people like that are no longer invited on my property, the same as you'd ask them to leave your house if they are constantly kicking up trouble over nothing.

Mrs.JMajor
26th June 2008, 10:08
People are here because they want to help other folk, and learn for themselves, step on the owners toes and I laugh it off, do it again & again, and people like that are no longer invited on my property, the same as you'd ask them to leave your house if they are constantly kicking up trouble over nothing.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I become brat sometimes but when u spank my butt..i do behave already :D:rolleyes: :)

KeithD
26th June 2008, 10:46
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I become brat sometimes but when u spank my butt..i do behave already :D:rolleyes: :)
:Erm: That's not me doing the spanking.....it's Rob's thighs banging against your :action-smiley-081: :cwm24:

Alan
26th June 2008, 11:06
Where's Dom????

Thought he would be in on this Pythonesque tangential thread.

Holy Grail - Castle Anthrax - Virgins - Spanking.

Apologies if you don't know what the hell I'm on about. :Erm:

Sconnie
26th June 2008, 11:47
Nee

angel1231
26th June 2008, 12:55
:doh

walesrob
26th June 2008, 13:26
:Erm: That's not me doing the spanking.....it's Rob's thighs banging against your :action-smiley-081: :cwm24:

I think you meant Dom....the sheep are not amused :NoNo:

telford
26th June 2008, 13:37
LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH,AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME....

btw,FORGIVE AND FORGET,i know its not that easy,but try to think about it :Erm:

telford
26th June 2008, 13:39
i will just sleep here,and dream about peace and love...

Mrs.JMajor
26th June 2008, 14:01
lol dear,but your color font says you're in war :yikes: (bloody red) hehe kidding

peace:xxgrinning--00xx3:

telford
27th June 2008, 08:30
red is love dear! lol coz i can write it in white!:love18:

angel2008
27th June 2008, 08:53
telford,
lovely angel , congrats

telford
27th June 2008, 09:03
telford,
lovely angel , congrats

Thanks sis! she's baby Bea...short for stephanie beatrice :)

vbkelly
27th June 2008, 10:42

Anyhelp appreciated

Cheers

huh banned!!!:blacklistsmartassHL:blacklistsmartassHL:blacklistsmartassHL

vbkelly
27th June 2008, 11:13
actually there's no serious problem in here just misunderstanding,but dave took it seriously. will its to late DAVE your a weakest link goodbye....

kimmi
27th June 2008, 19:39
will its to late DAVE your a weakest link goodbye....

ate bing, u made me laugh with this one..:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::Hellooo:

aromulus
27th June 2008, 22:25
Where's Dom????

Thought he would be in on this Pythonesque tangential thread.

Holy Grail - Castle Anthrax - Virgins - Spanking.

Apologies if you don't know what the hell I'm on about. :Erm:

I think you meant Dom....the sheep are not amused :NoNo:

Heh...????:Erm::Erm::Erm:

I go to norfolk for a couple of days and all hell breaks lose.....:Erm:
I just found 673 posts to read and digest, give me a break folks.....:doh

KeithD
28th June 2008, 09:03
Stuffing turkeys for a change eh? :thorsten_rammler: