PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee VIsa (2006)

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 04:52
I have my fiance from Scotland, We've meet in a dating website last october 2004,and that started for us to have contact to each other.Hes first visit was Last february 2005,the second time we met last April 2006 and we got engaged. He was back for long for some reasons,but we are contacting each other veryday by text and call,we only do chatting on net once in a week coz of his job. Right now we are already starting to process my papers for fiancee visa which we take took care it all to our lawyer who do immigration(its a big help) you can find at their website www.rlegal.com) My fiance just done submitting all of the requirements they needed last week, and i dont have any idea how long it would gonna take to process to manila...do u have any idea?
I got the information from peter that there is no need for medical as what the US Embassy does which is very nice to hear as i would just come for interview its more less for me as im a bit far from manila(mindanao island)..
We have all the evindences,letters,emails,chatlogs,cards that i have used for load,tickets stubs for both of us wen were having our vacation together in Hk,Boracay,Manila...,loads of photos(first met,2nd met(including engagement party,vacations)..his going to see me this coming October 2006 again, and i hope i would have my interview before that.how much is the visa fee now?.I am still studying at school for the meantime but i am ready to stop once they give me my visa.

I would like to hear from you guys bout this matter, what would be the best thing we have to do...i hope i wont get denied as it would be the saddest moment for both of us!

phils :) :icon_lol:

ivor&mel
1st July 2006, 07:37
Hi,

It makes things easier for forum members if you keep your postings about a single topic within the same thread! I've just replied to you on another thread... :D

Just to add that if you want to know what the current fees are (visa application fee, UKVACS fee, courier fee) you should check with the Embassy's website or give UKVACS a call. The fees do change with time...

Oh - and good luck to you both with your application. And keep us posted about your progress - we seem to be a bit short on Scottish members at the moment :)

Ivor and Mel

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 08:23
Well i dont even know yet Ivor as we are just waiting to the lawyer. I had some questions from you that i had sent to your email address in msn..hope to hear anything form you...:cwm3:

ivor&mel
1st July 2006, 08:31
Oh... I never use MSN now.. glad you told me :) I'll forward it to my usual e-mail address, but I don't have time to do anything right now... we're out for the day...

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 08:38
hey
Sorry i just had read your reply from other thread..thanks alot Ivor...i guess i have to keep on reading all about that site!! i hope it wont take long for the lawyer to contact embassy........:NoNo:

And also bout CFO i knew it already, i can go to Cebu for it and its very easy if i have visa before i get that form...

well GOOD DAy to you send my regards to Mel

ivor&mel
1st July 2006, 08:42
In my experience, lawyers never do anything quickly! But, as far as I know, all applications have to be made via UKVACS, not directly to the Embassy... Hope your lawyer has experience of the Manila Embassy :yikes: If not, get him to read the forum and Pete's site :D

Ivor and Mel

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 08:45
well i hope so Ivor he knows evrything bout it,as my fiance never contact them for a week...but he told us last time after he gather all the papers he will gonna start the process and she will just have to call me...

Eljohno
1st July 2006, 09:16
Maybe i might be wrong but i see no reason why you need to get a lawyer to go through the visa process. If you take time to read through this forum then everything you need is here and the forum members will do there best to help and you will not waste money on lawyers..

KeithD
1st July 2006, 09:43
Between the forum & Pete's site their is more info than any lawyer knows, as the talk here is from real life experience.

You're actually the first person we've had here in years that is using a lawyer.

scotsfiancee
1st July 2006, 09:57
well we never know this site before,and infact there are some people who do with the lawyer then,that makes us do. well i know this site is a real life story and i am happy to hear anything from them.right now we are waiting for it..i hope we can sort it out as soon as possible....

So if i do it with my own, i will just have to post all the requirements they needed for us to UKVACS?i know its been a wise idea and we do pay lawyer for this...

ginapeterb
2nd July 2006, 07:55
well we never know this site before,and infact there are some people who do with the lawyer then,that makes us do. well i know this site is a real life story and i am happy to hear anything from them.right now we are waiting for it..i hope we can sort it out as soon as possible....

So if i do it with my own, i will just have to post all the requirements they needed for us to UKVACS?i know its been a wise idea and we do pay lawyer for this...

As the lads have said, the procedure is fairly simple, you keep repeating yourself, what do you want to know ?

scotsfiancee
2nd July 2006, 10:09
Hi

It came up on my mind then that several of the occasions denied like in fiancee visa for this reasons: The applicant has failed to provide evidence of a subsisting relatioship, the filipina fiancee applicant has not been able to demonstrate any knowledge of a wedding arrangement in the UK which is very impossible for us to do as Uk registrar wont give dates or any statements when would be the wedding if i am not there,thats there rules! so i am really confused then Ivor what should we do then? Did the embassy would really ask about the weddings venues and dates?
coz when im there we will do civil wedding.

ginapeterb
2nd July 2006, 10:14
The paste function is a wonderful thing.....di ba ! ( SO YOURE READING THEN)

scotsfiancee
2nd July 2006, 10:16
yes im reading it,everytime im on net

ginapeterb
2nd July 2006, 10:26
Scotsfiancee, Im glad you are reading the website I built for people just like you, Ivor is the best person to really answer your question, alot of us here, got married in the Philippines, some are spouse applicants many are fiancee applicants, the 2 procedures are the same but the procedure slightly differs for Fiancee applicants in the UK, I have tried to explain to you on my website why there might be a refusal to issue, I am not saying it happens everytime, sometimes it does, you have to protect your own situation by making sure it doesnt happen to you.

There is little point in Ping Ponging Ivor to ask if the Embassy asked his Wife those questions ? when we have already told you, that the interview process is not an exact science, we do not know what questions you will be asked should you go for interview, all of these posts are speculation based on best guess science.

What we are saying is your Sponsor must take responsibility for your application, Ivor has already alluded to this, why don't you get your intended husband to come to this forum and join, he should be really shaking and doing for you, and not leaving you to pick up the challenge, we will help all we can, but really, your future husband is considered here to be responsible for finding out more, and making sure you get the required result.

You know some of us have been answering questions like yours for a long time, myself over 2 years, Keith 5 years of more, some of the others, more recently, but the questions are always the same, that is why we suggest you read thoroughly some of the threads on this forum, the threads are the real life experiences, if you really want a good read, go back to the beginning of

We are approved !!!

This is my own thread I started back in June of 2005, that should help you, also, you can then get the theory behind the real life experience, that is at my own website which you are reading quite well.

If you do this, not only will you be the best equipped applicant anywhere, you will have peace and mind because you will have all the knowledge to get a positive visa decision, as far as the wedding in the UK is concerned, Im sure Ivor will help you with that.

Really...its up to you now.

ivor&mel
2nd July 2006, 10:31
Hi

It came up on my mind then that several of the occasions denied like in fiancee visa for this reasons: The applicant has failed to provide evidence of a subsisting relatioship, the filipina fiancee applicant has not been able to demonstrate any knowledge of a wedding arrangement in the UK which is very impossible for us to do as Uk registrar wont give dates or any statements when would be the wedding if i am not there,thats there rules! so i am really confused then Ivor what should we do then? Did the embassy would really ask about the weddings venues and dates?
coz when im there we will do civil wedding.
Yes the Embassy are very likely to ask for details (date, time, location) of both the wedding and the reception. So... you need to be able to tell them the details... The embassy is not asking for written evidence of the arrangements - you just need to be able to tell them, in the interview, that you will marry at a particular date/time/location and have booked a reception at date/time/location. In other words, be "creative" and "imaginative" :D

Ivor and Mel

ginapeterb
2nd July 2006, 10:45
I'm very glad that Ivor has actually magnificently answered the former question, note the differences between written evidence and verbal confidence, the focus here is on conviction, and not formality...its interesting to note, that the ECO knows full well. they will not get written evidence of a wedding ceremony, thanks to Ivor for making this very critical point very clear.

ivor&mel
2nd July 2006, 11:30
Janice,

You need to talk with your fiance about this. He must know which Register Office he wants you to marry in... so agree a realistic date and time between yourselves e.g. some time in October or November - but agree on an exact date and time! He should also give you details of a suitable location for your reception. And you must remember these for the interview and be able to state them fluently. After that, you can forget them :)

You have a lot of preparation to do for both the application and interview - but we've all had to do that. It's very important that you both spend as much time as possible on this; it's hard work, but not difficult: just keep your objective in mind and keep at it! Anyway, good luck to you both :)

Ivor and Mel

scotsfiancee
2nd July 2006, 12:20
yes i will do that Ivor for sure,I just had speak to him earlier. And we will have to discuss that matter then...Yes i will have to keep on check everytime on here...we will give you details for that..

Thanks again:) :D

KeithD
2nd July 2006, 22:12
Wow excellent!
U had made me enlightened guys!, i am so happy that i found this site ....

If you could find the odd minute when you're not posting :D , you can pass the name of the site around your local area......:Hellooo:

scotsfiancee
4th July 2006, 12:42
Hello Pete,

I just want to know bout the manager's check for visa fee and service fee..If any of the applicant will send there stuff to UKVACS, do they have to enclose the 2 checks together?

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 13:49
I'm not Pete... but.. :D

Yes, both Manager's Checks need to be enclosed, but they are for different destinations, of course! The best thing to do is to phone UKVACS and they will tell you exactly what you need to do: how to package your documents for the courier, where to put the checks. It doesn't take a long call, and we found them very helpful.

Ivor and Mel

deimei
4th July 2006, 13:59
hello ivor.. i just read some of your threads..wish you and mel the happiness in life.. i read that she had her interview yesterday in British embassy-manila right? I hope they did not gave her a hard time during the interview and hoping that she already had the visa to be with you here in UK soon...God Bless you both..

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 14:06
hello ivor.. i just read some of your threads..wish you and mel the happiness in life.. i read that she had her interview yesterday in British embassy-manila right? I hope they did not gave her a hard time during the interview and hoping that she already had the visa to be with you here in UK soon...God Bless you both..
Hello Deimei,

Thanks for your wishes :) Though I suspect you must have been reading an old thread! :Erm: Mel had her interview on 7th March... and has been here in the UK since 31st March :)

Ivor and Mel

deimei
4th July 2006, 15:47
yeah.. im reading old topics..:icon_lol: im not updated..:icon_lol: nice to know that mel is already here in UK...cheers:Hellooo:

KeithD
4th July 2006, 17:34
Mel doesn't see much of him though as he's always hanging around here :D

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 17:53
Mel says that too :yikes: Anyway, I've always been good at just hanging around :Wine:

russ01539
4th July 2006, 20:38
Hello Ivor

My friend Tim will be applying for a fiance visa this coming September, for his partner Christy. I have pretty much given him the run down on what to do, what evidence they need to get together, and so far have a pretty impressive file. There should be no problems either with his residency or income, and personally I think he'll get thru it with flying colours.

But there seem to be a couple of things that have changed since last September06-March06 (the period of our application/succesful appeal). ie. we used CAVAS not UKVACS. Also we never had interviews to do either.

Can u tell me please what is/how do they operate UKVACS, and do they still interview ?

Thanks.

ivor&mel
4th July 2006, 21:16
Hello Ivor

My friend Tim will be applying for a fiance visa this coming September, for his partner Christy. I have pretty much given him the run down on what to do, what evidence they need to get together, and so far have a pretty impressive file. There should be no problems either with his residency or income, and personally I think he'll get thru it with flying colours.

But there seem to be a couple of things that have changed since last September06-March06 (the period of our application/succesful appeal). ie. we used CAVAS not UKVACS. Also we never had interviews to do either.

Can u tell me please what is/how do they operate UKVACS, and do they still interview ?

Thanks.
Mel and I applied via CAVA, but the docs were returned because of a small problem with Mel's passport. By the time we'd fixed that, just a few days, CAVA had disappeared and we had to learn about UKVACS pretty quickly!

Basically, all applications have to be made via UKVACS, whether you do it personally or via a courier (Aboitiz). UKVACS have a website (http://www.ukvacs.net/)and the Embassy site (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1136906318341) also refers to it. It's also a good idea to phone UKVACS to check on the current procedure, because the website is not guaranteed to be up-to-date; they are easy to talk to and helpful.

As for interviews, several people are getting spouse and fiancee visas without interview i.e. on the documentary evidence alone, but don't rely on it! If they do "invite" the fiancee to interview, they should give at least 3 weeks' notice, so if Christy falls into that category then she and Tim need to put in a lot of work together to prepare for it! As I keep saying, it's not difficult, just takes a lot of time and effort to make sure they both understand the procedure inside out and are well aware of the sort of questions that will be asked. Again, the forum and Pete's site will guide them through it like they did many others :)

Ivor and Mel

scotsfiancee
5th July 2006, 12:13
Thanks for your reply Ivor, My fiance do the money through Xoom which i always collect in PCI BANk as its more fast and i have an account there too so i guess it wont be a problem for me if i ask from the certain time to do checks for visa and service fee. well,papers still not start yet you know already where we do it with... will update you then soon!!!

scotsfiancee
12th July 2006, 10:55
Hello Ivor i just wanted to ask bout the photos. do i have to put in an album? i bought an album which hold 20 pics(size 4r) so i have 40 pics in all so 2 albums i will have together..i will put a captions also..I will have my package next week,which all of our papers are there..so after i sort it out i will have to send it to the UKVACS soon.

This is my last question for the meantime Ivor and Pete , i will just pretend this situition..what if i get Denied,what will be the best thing we will do?
I am not praying that i will be denied as i have a confidence in myself that i wont be.just ask you for a very important question that we should prepare off.

ivor&mel
12th July 2006, 11:38
I think it's best to make a small album, but one rather than two if possible. We managed to find something suitable after a bit of searching around: flat, A4-ish size, not too bulky.

ginapeterb
12th July 2006, 18:11
Its funny Ivor, Nang Gina and I showed up with a shopping bag full of photos, and they never looked at any of them, there is me standing outside the Embassy with 2 bags of evidence, funny when you look back, ohhhhh how those days were !, Rob, do you remember the 7-11 around the back of the Embassy, with the cheapy coffee !, and hanging around the front, looking like a Lobster,

In answer to your last comment Scott, dont be negative !!! is my reply, don't look at hypothetical situations that have not happened as yet, be positive about the outcome, as Ivor says, get on my website, all the information is there for you, if you follow my advice, your fiancee will be granted a visa, we don't get many denials here at the Forum, and we like it that way ! be positive, denials are not allowed !!! and thats from the Forum Moderators

ivor&mel
12th July 2006, 19:29
As Pete says, follow the advice, work at what is needed to be done, and remain positive! If you do the groundwork before the interview (which may not even be necessary, anyway), then you should be confident if you have to face the ECO. It's a pain and irritation for any applicant who has to be interviewed, but just follow the advice and guidelines given here and on Pete's site, and do ask about any points you don't understand or find confusing.

scotsfiancee
13th July 2006, 12:37
Yep surely guys i understand..and i will gonna do that...well does it okay to the embassy if only send 20pics?its not too bulky just a normal album and thats the only flattest album i had ever found in the mall......

I will be positive,i will still keep on reading that site...Thanks for cheering me up!

ivor&mel
13th July 2006, 13:08
I think 20 would be OK as long as you choose a good 20? Different times, different places, different family members

scotsfiancee
13th July 2006, 13:32
Ok i'll do that...have you noticed once you do developed in photo center here they will give you an album that is very simple,and it will hold 40 pics..is the embassy would mind the album or not?

I dont know why i cant open pete's site tonight it would say 403 error BRAVENET.COm....mmmm

ginapeterb
13th July 2006, 14:03
Ok i'll do that...have you noticed once you do developed in photo center here they will give you an album that is very simple,and it will hold 40 pics..is the embassy would mind the album or not?

I dont know why i cant open pete's site tonight it would say 403 error BRAVENET.COm....mmmm

Scott I told you lot today why this is !!!, read the other post about my site, sorry but sometimes things go wrong, dont worry, it will be back tonight ...in the meantime while I am rebuilding it, I still need to earn a living, know what I mean ????

dont despair, Pete is always there

scotsfiancee
13th July 2006, 14:06
Scott I told you lot today why this is !!!, read the other post about my site, sorry but sometimes things go wrong, dont worry, it will be back tonight ...in the meantime while I am rebuilding it, I still need to earn a living, know what I mean ????

dont despair, Pete is always there

Ahh okay, yes i do know that pete...and i will keep on reading it...k?
Hope you having a nice day there!

ginapeterb
13th July 2006, 14:23
Ok SCOTT JUST FOR YOU, i RUSHED A QUICK REVAMP TODAY, ITS BACK ONLINE....BUT IT NEEDS DRESSING UP.....GO FOR IT

scotsfiancee
13th July 2006, 14:28
:Hellooo:
Ok SCOTT JUST FOR YOU, i RUSHED A QUICK REVAMP TODAY, ITS BACK ONLINE....BUT IT NEEDS DRESSING UP.....GO FOR IT

hahahahhah i was surprise to your music pete.....:Rasp: :Rasp: :Erm: :Erm:]

KeithD
13th July 2006, 20:50
I've revamped my poker & astronomy sites this week :)

www.win2winpoker.co.uk (http://www.win2winpoker.co.uk)

www.astronomy-forum.co.uk

scotsfiancee
14th July 2006, 16:03
i got this site http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/regscot/getting-married-in-scotland/index.html

scotsfiancee
27th July 2006, 07:56
Everything is good here.......how you doin kieth?:Hellooo:

KeithD
27th July 2006, 08:49
'I' before 'E' unless your name is KEITH :D :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
27th July 2006, 12:12
'I' before 'E' unless your name is KEITH :D :icon_lol:
Hahahaha i miss that...Keith:rolleyes: am just back home...got perfect in our programming today!:D

KeithD
27th July 2006, 14:32
I'm learning VB.NET at the moment, already use VB6, but Microsoft decided to rename everything for a laugh!! :NoNo: :Brick:

scotsfiancee
27th July 2006, 14:34
I'm learning VB.NET at the moment, already use VB6, but Microsoft decided to rename everything for a laugh!! :NoNo: :Brick:

Keith can you give me any site for Visual Basic? THanks:)

KeithD
27th July 2006, 14:38
http://www.waybuilder.net/free-ed/InfoTech/informit/ITLC04.asp

scotsfiancee
27th July 2006, 14:59
THanks alot..got it:BouncyHappy: anyways i will have to sleep now....goodnight guys!

scotsfiancee
31st July 2006, 07:23
I just got the 2manager's check, staff in our bank is so friendly and they not even question me alot of things.. They charge 50 pesos per checks.:Rasp: I called up the 2GO Aboitiz in Manila and they will collect my application this coming thursday anytime...so im alittle bit excited :Erm:

scotsfiancee
1st August 2006, 09:37
Have a news here, when i was calling 2GO ABOITIZ yesterday in manila they set a date to pick my documents this coming thursday so since i cant wait for that long i called up the 2GO office here in our city and said they will wait for the emails coming from manila so thats y i called them back this morning and just now they pick up my application...so happy but still i have to wait for the result:BouncyHappy:
So all i have to do right now is to wait till the UKVACS will email me the reference number?i have the receipt here where the man gave to me.

scotsfiancee
4th August 2006, 08:44
I called the UKVACS this afternoon and they said they already forward my application to the Embassy which is good to hear...so all i have to do now is to wait:Brick:

KeithD
4th August 2006, 09:45
We can't wait too long, the Champagne MUST be drunk within 24hrs.....honest!!! :D :Wine:

scotsfiancee
4th August 2006, 10:42
We can't wait too long, the Champagne MUST be drunk within 24hrs.....honest!!! :D :Wine:
Just wait me bosing!!! ill take you beers:Beer: