PDA

View Full Version : more discrimination against brits

joebloggs
20th June 2008, 10:21
well the gov has just published an analysis of the marriage visa consultation responses..

the idea of a pre-entry English requirement for spouses looks like it will happen, thats if your wife is married to a Brit living in the UK, but if your husband is a EEA national living in the UK, you don't need to take it :cwm23:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/consultations/closedconsultations/preentryenglishrequirement/marriage_visa.pdf?view=Binary

Objectives

1.11 We believe there would be three key objectives
in introducing a pre-entry English requirement
for spouses:

1. To assist the spouse’s integration into British society at an early stage

2. To improve employment chances for those who have access to the labour market

3. To raise awareness of the importance of language and to prepare the spouse for the tests they will need to pass for settlement (Life in the UK test or demonstration of language progression)

1.12 Any pre-entry language requirement would not apply to EEA nationals and their dependants or
to recognised refugees.

how many more tests, restrictions and fees will the spouse of a Brit living in GB have to face, while these do not effect the spouses of a EEA national living in the UK.

it's getting clearer all the time, there are 2 sets of immigration rules in the uk, one for Brits and one for EEA nationals living in GB.

either this country is IN the EEC or we're NOT, and the gov should not be able to pick and chose which laws from brussels it ignores or has a get out clause.

fair system for all :ARsurrender:

BRITS......................................................................................................EEA national in the UK

have to pay for settlement visa,...................................................................visa is FREE
FLR and ILR

dependant is under 18 only..........................................................................dependant is under 21 !!

some jobs, tests required b4.........................................................................NO restrictions
can apply for jobs (IELTS,etc)

now pre-entry english test...........................................................................not apply to dependants
will need to be taken...................................................................................of EEA nationals in the UK

UK spouse visa is a......................................................................................EEA family permit
application process which can..................................................................is a right under
be rejected.................................................................................................EU law

UK spouse visa more evidence required............................................................evidence for a EEA family
than a family permit.....................................................................................permit not as strict as a spouse
................................................................................................................visa,so quicker processing

spouse visa cannot claim..............................................................................whereas an EEA family permit
income/housing support for a least 2yrs...........................................................allows your wife to work full time
................................................................................................................immediately or claim benefits

UK Spouse visa, she will need to get a.............................................................The EEA family permit allows
Schengen Visa to travel thru europe................................................................visa free movement across
.................................................................................................................europe under Schengen
.................................................................................................................agreement

:cwm23:

i'm starting to really pitty those brits who have to go thru the visa process,,,

and i'm off to apply for my lithuanian passport :xxgrinning--00xx3:
so my misses will not face discrimination for being married to a brit, when she applies for jobs :action-smiley-081:

angel1231
20th June 2008, 10:43
I KNOW WHAT U MEAN MY HUSBAND COMPLAIN THAT TOO HE THINKS ITS TOO MUCH ...WHILE SOME OTHER EU MEMBER THEY CAN CLAIM WHILE BRITS HAVE TO PROVE SOMETHING B4 U GET SOME FREEBIES FROM THE GOV...:doh:action-smiley-081:

KeithD
20th June 2008, 11:13
CAPS LOCK stuck it is? :)

angel1231
20th June 2008, 11:18
CAPS LOCK stuck it is? :)
TRYING TO TO BE FRIENDLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EYESITE PROBS......

walesrob
20th June 2008, 11:20
TRYING TO TO BE FRIENDLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EYESITE PROBS......

Its nonsense that its easier for people with eyesight problems - all internet browsers have the facility to enlarge text on any webpage. Posting in capitals is considered rude and is regarded as shouting on a forum, so please don't do it.

keithAngel
20th June 2008, 11:54
What an opportunity for one of us to apply for an EEA family permit and if its rejected then to go to the european courts and get them to judge the discrimination issues

joebloggs
20th June 2008, 12:20
i'm surprised no one has taken the gov to the european courts, but from what i remember that the govs own immigration rules over ride european ones, maybe where them rules concern british citizens and not EEA nationals in the uk.

its crazy that brits should have to pay, provide more evidence and wait longer than EEA nationals in their own country, if anything it should be YOUR legal right to bring your wife and family to the country you was born and live in.. or am i :Rasp::Cuckoo:

Alan
20th June 2008, 12:35
i'm surprised no one has taken the gov to the european courts, but from what i remember that the govs own immigration rules over ride european ones, maybe where them rules concern british citizens and not EEA nationals in the uk.

its crazy that brits should have to pay, provide more evidence and wait longer than EEA nationals in their own country, if anything it should be YOUR legal right to bring your wife and family to the country you was born and live in.. or am i :Rasp::Cuckoo:

Totally with you Joe. Perhaps it is WE who should start openly stating, as do the Filipinos, that our Government is totally corrupt, immoral and, dare I say it - criminal.

The reason for me using that last word is thus:- If you had spent billions of pounds on a project - taxpayer's money - then after a couple of years decided it wasn't working - scrapped it and started again - would YOU not expect to be taken to task?????

Look at the introduction of the National Curriculum in the late 80s. Not many members of the public know this - but we received all these beautiful folders in school - full of ideas on how best we should educate our schoolchildren (funny that - I thought you had to spend 4 years in Uni. to become a teacher - as I did. Didn't realise you could just get voted into power, sit in an office for a bit and then become the knowall of the British Education System!!! How thick am I? :Erm:) - multiply that by the number of schools in UK - then a couple of years later the Government told us - literally - to bin them all!!!

Then they tried again - and STILL got it wrong.

Taken to court??? Let me in at the front of the queue please.

Al.:cwm23:

KeithD
20th June 2008, 12:50
Problem is, the majority complain we don't have any immigration policies, and as soon as the government put them in place, which is what they should have done decades ago, folk moan. Can't have it both ways.

We are a very small minority on here, and as we live in a democracy we have to accept that, as this country has already been trashed by minorities being allowed to run it.

Gavanddal
22nd June 2008, 18:20
We joined a European Union where we are the ONLY English speaking country but all those EU citizens can live here without hindrance or need to learn English.
Why is it that people from other countries should have this requirement forced upon them? I agree that you should learn the language of the country where you live but it should be governments job to enforce it.

aromulus
24th June 2008, 06:52
I do admit that the system is grossly unfair, as I stated on a couple of previous occasions.:NoNo:

But, really, I cannot complain.:D

KeithD
24th June 2008, 09:03
New IND Rule: 146.4.2a
"Any supporters of International teams knocked out of the Euro Cup knock-outs, and classified as playing crap boring football, will be repatriated to Zimbabwe" :D

Au voir Dom :Hellooo: :icon_lol:

aromulus
24th June 2008, 09:09
New IND Rule: 146.4.2a
"Any supporters of International teams knocked out of the Euro Cup knock-outs, and classified as playing crap boring football, will be repatriated to Zimbabwe" :D

Au voir Dom :Hellooo: :icon_lol:

Yes, guilty as charged.....:NoNo:

But Italy played 4 more games than England.... :D

KeithD
24th June 2008, 09:18
Yes, guilty as charged.....:NoNo:

But Italy played 4 more games than England.... :D
At least we didn't have those 4 games to embarrass ourselves :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
24th June 2008, 10:02
At least we didn't have those 4 games to embarrass ourselves :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Correct.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You did that all by your own selves long before......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
24th June 2008, 10:08
It now appears England was in one of the toughest groups, and as soon as Ronaldo gets his UK passport....sorted....:Erm:

reginacarlson
9th November 2008, 14:27
I do admit that the system is grossly unfair, as I stated on a couple of previous occasions.:NoNo:

But, really, I cannot complain.:D

It is really unfair, but can't complain too :)

tiN
10th November 2008, 20:21
strongly agree that is unfair,:cwm34: