PDA

View Full Version : About the Entry of Judgement

Pepe n Pilar
19th June 2008, 12:51
I with my fiance went to the Registry Office last Monday and submitted the necessary documents needed to register a civil marriage. I was told that the NSO paper is the one to be submitted but bec it is taking long then i thought of there's no harm in trying to show the Entry of Judgement if it will do since it has a seal. We both were asked few questions which lasted for 30 mins and signed a paper wherein we agree that all of the stated are true and correct. He submitted his passport, divorce paper and proof of address ( he gave his bank statement, 1 page only). I submitted my passport the visa was photocopied, the Entry of Judgement with the Court Seal and my NHS notice as proof of address. Since my NSO paper is still not received until this date i have asked my relative to send me the Entry of Judgement with the Court Seal. The lady interviewer told me that we have to wait until we receive a call from them because she has to send it to the Head Office to check if it's genuine. No doubt about it that is genuine what we wre worried was if she ask for the NSO, so since MOnday we both are very worried about it. This afternoon at about 12:30 i received a call from the local Civil Registrar and told me that she was notified by the Head Office that we now can book our wedding anytime after July 3.
If only i knew that the Entry of Judgement is acceptable for registering marriage then i should have brought with me the paper with the Court seal when i left the Phils.

jencha8569
19th June 2008, 14:02
lesson: bring all necessary and among other
documents to prevent unwanted situations:D
good luck and best wishes on ur wedding day
soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:
hope you live happily ever after through good
and bad, through thick and thin, through shopping
and more shopping.:BouncyHappy:

charlwill
19th June 2008, 14:31
I with my fiance went to the Registry Office last Monday and submitted the necessary documents needed to register a civil marriage. I was told that the NSO paper is the one to be submitted but bec it is taking long then i thought of there's no harm in trying to show the Entry of Judgement if it will do since it has a seal. We both were asked few questions which lasted for 30 mins and signed a paper wherein we agree that all of the stated are true and correct. He submitted his passport, divorce paper and proof of address ( he gave his bank statement, 1 page only). I submitted my passport the visa was photocopied, the Entry of Judgement with the Court Seal and my NHS notice as proof of address. Since my NSO paper is still not received until this date i have asked my relative to send me the Entry of Judgement with the Court Seal. The lady interviewer told me that we have to wait until we receive a call from them because she has to send it to the Head Office to check if it's genuine. No doubt about it that is genuine what we wre worried was if she ask for the NSO, so since MOnday we both are very worried about it. This afternoon at about 12:30 i received a call from the local Civil Registrar and told me that she was notified by the Head Office that we now can book our wedding anytime after July 3.
If only i knew that the Entry of Judgement is acceptable for registering marriage then i should have brought with me the paper with the Court seal when i left the Phils.
I am happy to you, Shell. Congratulations on your up coming wedding. God bless. :D

andypaul
19th June 2008, 20:01
great news its all sorted.

May i wish you a happy wedding and life together.

cinmickey28
20th June 2008, 19:51
Congrats Shel, I am happy for you!

vbkelly
21st June 2008, 10:06
best wishes and goodluck to both of you

Pepe n Pilar
23rd June 2008, 11:57
Thanks Charl, Andypaul, Flor and Vbkelly. I'm excited and nervous. Last SAturday morning we went back to Coventry Reg. Office bec the interviewer got a mistake in typing my status. The paper that we have signed last June 17 was (status -previous marriage dissolved) which should not be the case. It should be single. My paper was submitted to the Head Office and found out that under Phils laws those that are annuled carry the status of single. We were upset of the call we thought the date will be moved. Anyway, they maintain the 15 days notice. Thanks guys....

Pepe n Pilar
3rd July 2008, 13:18
Thanks Flor....How are You? Hope business is doing well......:)

Mrs.JMajor
4th July 2008, 02:53
Happy to hear you are doing so great shelly,good luck and best wishes to you both :cwm38:

gracia143
7th July 2008, 23:00
Sorry I was out of touch for a while Shie, so glad you managed to get all the stuffs sorted and get on with the wedding like and so pleased that all the "going-to-and-pro" and back-and-forth to the Municipal Hall of your bother-in-law has all paid off. I can relate to the frustrations you must have been through. But like we both have talked about, things will all work out and I am so happy for you. It's just that I was so surprised hearing you over the phone saying you've just done it. Apart from that, I am really happy. Good luck to the FLR application by the way, in no time, you'll have the new visa stamped onto the passport and like the rest of us--it will all seem like a walk in the park. Keep safe my friend and God bless always!

vbkelly
8th July 2008, 10:37
Thanks Charl, Andypaul, Flor and Vbkelly. I'm excited and nervous. Last SAturday morning we went back to Coventry Reg. Office bec the interviewer got a mistake in typing my status. The paper that we have signed last June 17 was (status -previous marriage dissolved) which should not be the case. It should be single. My paper was submitted to the Head Office and found out that under Phils laws those that are annuled carry the status of single. We were upset of the call we thought the date will be moved. Anyway, they maintain the 15 days notice. Thanks guys....

hi shelly if you live here in coventry hopefully we meet someday,congrats!!!

Pepe n Pilar
8th July 2008, 13:42
To Jedc143 , thanks. How about you when are you bound for England? Wish you the best of luck....:)

To Gracia143 yea thanks for the untiring support you've given me. Yea i have tried registering using the EOJ whilst waiting for that paper from the NSO (as per yur suggestion) and luckily they had accepted it ... Have to file the FLR very soon just filling up the forms. I have received your text message last night, thanks my friend hope to be able to see you again one day... maglakwatsa muna ako noh...:)

To vbkelly thanks so much. I'm living in Warwick and this is just near the Coventry. In fact when we went there to register for marriage it took us abt i guess less than 30 mins. Last Friday there was the Godiva festival and i thought maybe some of the members in the forum who live nearby are just around. Well, we didn't stay long since that is the day before the marriage, we're busy sorting out the things needed. Yea hopefully we'll meet up someday....:)