PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody!!

jakeob
27th June 2006, 21:55
Hello Everyone!!

My names Neil, i am 39 from Warrington uk,, I have been looking for a nice lady for 3 years now, been to Thialand,China, and the Ukriane 17 times, and still single.

So i dicided i will have one last try in the philippines, i am in the early stages on Cherry blossoms still working out who is who.

any advice would be welcome

Thanks neil...

mupsuit
28th June 2006, 07:34
Hello Everyone!!

My names Neil, i am 39 from Warrington uk,, ..... 3 years now, .............17 times, and still single.

Thanks neil...

Post a photo !

Pity you left PI to the last - but at least you have now made a start

A wife from the Philippines can be the most wonderful aspect of a man's life -

The Philippines is not an automatic route to success you need to be able to work at it, to invest your effort into making the relationship work and create a magic kingdom for her to live in

In return, your Philippine's bride will surpass your every expectation

Read the attributes that PI girls post in singles adverts - you will always see the word 'honest' among the top attributes they are looking for in a man.

PI culture is different from that in the UK so make a special effort to understand the differences and you are well on the way to finding your bride

Good Luck

russ01539
29th June 2006, 21:10
I found my fiance by putting my profile on Filipina Heart. I was lucky though. I 'sent my interest' to 3 girls, and checked my inbox the next day to find 156 e-mails from FH telling all about the women who had sent their interest.

I only replied to the first girl who replied to the 'interest' I sent in them, and now my wife is here beside me and I am the happiest guy alive.

But you will find that most guys with a Filipina wife will say they also are the happiest guys around too. Cos they know, like me, how lucky we are, and how special a Filipina lady can be.

So try Filipina Heart and you might strike gold like me.

Happy hunting.

ivor&mel
29th June 2006, 21:44
Yeah, Mel and I got together via Filheart too. Wonder how many others here did the same? You were lucky to strike gold the first time though! Or is it just me? :Erm: :icon_eek:

jakeob
29th June 2006, 21:51
Thanks chaps for the advice,

i am trying to get my head around this dateing process in the Phils, for example, before when i have tried in the Ukriane, it was the norm to write to many women, and go over and meet them all, and see who you hit it off with.

As much as i can see its normal to try to focus on just one lady, and travel to meet just her in the phils. I imagine this is much less stressful But what if you dont hit it off and your 6000miles from home,? and i hear most decent girls wont date a white man just on spec.

Would i be correct to say in general terms, that if i wanted an to find a girl with old fashioned family, houswifey qualitys, who was not addicted to western shopping mall lifestyle. should i try to stay away from the big city girls, like Manila,and cebu, keeping in mind i still want to find a real beauty..

sorry so many questions

thanks neil....

Eljohno
29th June 2006, 22:06
Philippines is no different than some other contries were there are honest & dishonest people so you just have to be careful when choosing who and where to meet some girls. Its right that you want to meet someone who you find attractive but remember to dig much deeper and look for other qualities like good morals and family values. The truth is there are very pretty women on sites like filipinoheart who will just want you for money no matter if its Manila or in the small towns...

russ01539
29th June 2006, 22:06
The is no such thing as a girl who doesnt like shopping - not on this planet anyway. So that makes no difference. Countryside or city, you will be dragged to their favourite mall, where you will expected to buy at least one thing for every member of her family - I got told its 'tradition' - but i guess traditions come and go !!!

As for beauty - a filipinas have beauty to some level, most of which are way above the average Western girl, but remember this, beauty fades, it is the personality and 'inner beauty' u should be looking for, as that is what your prospective filapina girl looks for (except mine, who has a thing for large noses).

I would suggest you trawl through FH looking for someone who matches your hopes and expectations on looks and then spend time getting to know the one who you feel most comfortable with.

A word of warning if you have not really read much in this forum, but there are a whole bunch of inscrupulous girls out there looking for a quick buck from some western mug. A general rule I set myself was that if the girl i liked started to ask for money within say 1-2 weeks she's just after your money, 2-4 weeks she's either desperately skint or very patient. Personally I never handed any money to anyone until I had met my fiance in person, saw and understood Philippine culture and genuinly wanted to help out.

Perhaps you should go find and then let us know when u have. I am sure everyone will want to help.

Lastly - look up and find out what Tampo is before you find your filipina, if you dont know what it is and she has tampo your gonna be wandering what the hell is going on.

Happy hunting

ivor&mel
29th June 2006, 22:22
Hi Neil,

:yikes: Don't think I could handle the Ukraine way! Have you had a look at Pete's site (http://www.british-filipino.com/)? It'll tell you loads about the Philippines and Filipina relationships. Personally, I would recommend a subscription to Filipina Heart - give it a try for 3 months. But be prepared for lots of women being "interested" in you, and spending a lot of time on the site. Take the time to learn what it's all about - good and bad. It's nothing to do with big cities as such - just that you may come in contact with more from there on a statistical basis. Russ struck lucky first time, but don't expect that to be the case for everyone! You'll meet all sorts on there, so enjoy the experience and treat it as a learning environment. But stick at it, and you'll find what you're looking for - and you'll know when you've found the right one. Us blokes are not supposed to be intuitive, but you'll know :)

The whole point about something like Filheart is to get to know each other well before you meet. 6 months... a year... it's not long. Use Yahoo/MSN to talk as much as you can; send letters, cards, e-mails; call her - there are cheap ways to do it. Once you've got a good, stable "virtual" relationship established, travelling half a world away to meet her is no problem - except that you won't want to come back :)

Have to say, though, that women are women - shopping is in their genes :D

Ivor and Mel

ivor&mel
29th June 2006, 22:26
Just for info, I'll repost the link to an old anti-scammers guide (http://www.geocities.com/hugskisses7/scams) written by a Filipina :) No doubt there are new scams to add now :D

Eljohno
29th June 2006, 22:40
It is good to find out more about the culture in the Philippines before you go down this direction. Learn as much as possible long before you decide to fly out when you finally meet someone. There is tons of info on this and Pete's site so take an hour or two as a starting point on here first..

ChrisW
30th June 2006, 02:00
Hmm, our forumhere seems to be a nice place to start Niel ;), I've been seeing a lot of female memebers here... ;)

Good luck.... happy hunting;)

KeithD
30th June 2006, 09:04
No one mentioned my free dating database then http://www.win2winracing.com/zdating/ :confused:

Plenty of succeses from it :D

ginapeterb
30th June 2006, 20:37
Hello Everyone!!

My names Neil, i am 39 from Warrington uk,, I have been looking for a nice lady for 3 years now, been to Thialand,China, and the Ukriane 17 times, and still single.

So i dicided i will have one last try in the philippines, i am in the early stages on Cherry blossoms still working out who is who.

Thanks neil...

Hello Neil, I have just the girl for you, she is 31, beautiful, available, single, clever, sexy smart, ( No its not my wife Kieth, and stop laughing all you lot up in Sheffield)

Let me know if you are interested, she lives in Hong Kong, and wants to meet an english guy for friendship, relationship and yes even marriage. hehehehehe

ivor&mel
30th June 2006, 20:54
Bet she likes shopping though :D

jakeob
30th June 2006, 22:51
Thanks for the info,chaps

It seems that Filippinaheart is agood site to try,, nobody said anything good about Cherry blossoms, so maybe i will go with FH ,,, So Pete youv got the perfect girl for me? Well this should be interesting,do we have any photos?

Great news i dont have to keep away from the big cities that would have made my search harder,, something that somebody said about there being many pretty girls on the sites that are only after my cash,,, is this a normal trend to watch out for eg the slightly less pretty ladies would be the more serious girls looking for marriage,,,JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE PLANET.

Thanks
neil.

ginapeterb
1st July 2006, 06:38

It seems that Filippinaheart is agood site to try,, nobody said anything good about Cherry blossoms, so maybe i will go with FH ,,, So Pete youv got the perfect girl for me? Well this should be interesting,do we have any photos?

Great news i dont have to keep away from the big cities that would have made my search harder,, something that somebody said about there being many pretty girls on the sites that are only after my cash,,, is this a normal trend to watch out for eg the slightly less pretty ladies would be the more serious girls looking for marriage,,,JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE PLANET.

Thanks
neil.

Ive known Maria Rose for about 12 months, she is an online friend, she is not interested in materialism or money, she is a simple lady, very romantic, and would make an excellent wife I guess, her photo is on a thread somewhere in the penpal section.

ginapeterb
1st July 2006, 06:38

Thanks
neil.

Ive known Maria Rose for about 12 months, she is an online friend, she is not interested in materialism or money, she is a simple lady, very romantic, and would make an excellent wife I guess, her photo is on a thread somewhere in the penpal section.

ivor&mel
1st July 2006, 07:45

It seems that Filippinaheart is agood site to try,, nobody said anything good about Cherry blossoms, so maybe i will go with FH ,,,
I thought Cherry Blossoms was the name of the lady you were working on! :yikes: :D

Eljohno
1st July 2006, 09:12
Oh no Pete is starting to answer the same post twice, i suppose when you start getting a bit older this sort of thing is more common ha ha

KeithD
1st July 2006, 09:44
Oh no Pete is starting to answer the same post twice, i suppose when you start getting a bit older this sort of thing is more common ha ha

:NoNo: Oh dear!! :D

russ01539
1st July 2006, 14:02
Any luck on FH yet Jakeob ? Have you had your e-mail blocked up with messages of interest ?

Just remember, take off your rose coloured spectacles and go with your intuition - if she seems right for you she probably will be, but if u get any suspicions move on until you find someone who is right. There are plenty of fishes in the sea.

PS. I sent your pic to a very beautiful filipina, who is genuine and looking for relationship etc... I'll let you know what she thinks when she replies to my mail.

russ01539
1st July 2006, 14:02
PS - I hope no-one thinks I am pimping here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ervenescence
1st July 2006, 20:03
Goodluck for the hunting jakeob, surely you can find the right one but beware of the red flags.

jakeob
1st July 2006, 22:33
Thanks evryone for your support,,this forum is a cracker,

I didnt join FH as yet, i got my son for the weekend, so not much spare time.

I am still useing Cherry Blossoms at the minuite, but will go with FH next week see what happens. Thanks for promoting me with your lady friends, "You never know"

Bad luck to our lads in Germany :bigcry:

neil

KeithD
2nd July 2006, 09:09
Yes, it was a pity Wales went out :yikes:

scotsfiancee
3rd July 2006, 08:21
hi jakeob!

Welcome!

I met my fiance in Cherry Blossoms Website, well after we had talked at that day, he quit then to that site and we started to chat in yahoo...I guess alot of filipina is on the line!:Rasp:

jakeob
22nd August 2006, 20:10
Hello again

Just wondering? i am chating with a nice lady from Mindanao at the moment on CB site. I was realy dissapointed when she told me she was from that part of the phils. And to put another downer on her shes still married, but seperated, and she has a daughter
Am i asking for trouble here??? but shes very nice:)

thanks
neil.

walesrob
22nd August 2006, 20:33
Hello again

Just wondering? i am chating with a nice lady from Mindanao at the moment on CB site. I was realy dissapointed when she told me she was from that part of the phils. And to put another downer on her shes still married, but seperated, and she has a daughter

thanks
neil.

Neil, I don't wanna come across a negative, but there are lots and lots of single beautiful ladies in the Philippines. Whatever you do, keep your options open.

Elsa tells me that she has many female friends in Philippines looking for a nice Englishman. Send a pm if your interested.

ginapeterb
22nd August 2006, 20:53
jakeob,

How are you doing mate ! so youre on CB again ? Rob has taken the bull by the horns on this one ( sorry Rob was it the ram by the horns ?) 2 things come to mind.

Just cos the girl is married and seperated, doesnt mean she wouldnt be the love of your life...

On the flip side of the coin, Rob is right, you could look at it this way, she is excess baggage and you are destined for aggro all the way down the line, but......

I have known situations where if a guy wants a girl enough in the Phils, he will do almost anything to have her, you don't know what you will do if you meet her in person, the fact she has a child is not relevant, one of my best pal's is happily married to a beautiful Filipina, and she has 2 lovely daughers, this lady I am talking about is absolutely fabulous, and is the perfect wife, you never know what you will do jakeob, what is going to happen if you dont pursue her , at the end of the day the choices you make are down to yourself, we can all give you advice as we see it, but mate if you like this girl, go for it, however here are the problems you will face.

1. She is married but in a legal seperation, this effectively means that either she is informally seperated, which she probably is, or she is legally seperated and has formal arrangements in place for custody of the child etc, either way you have a problem my freind.

2. She has a child which has a father in the Philippines, or he is a foreigner resident in the Philippines, either way, you are going to have to have a lot of patience and time on this one, getting the child to bond with you, also this lady may not wish to leave the Philippines if the child cannot leave, the father may object to his child leaving jurisdiction of the Philippines, which he is entitled to object to.

In my experience, there are literally thousands of pinays with children, who get dumped by Filipinos who move on to other women when the child is cramping their playboy lifestyle, these ladies get desperate because they hope by marriage to a kano, or a Euro that they will
be able to escape the life they are destined to have in the Philippines which is basically day to day and hand to mouth, however, they are
not always prepared for what is involved, and rarely have the knowledge or experience, to get through it, they are totally reliant on you
the unsuspecting kano or Euro to get them out of the Philippines, and there is nothing that cannot be fixed without yes you have got it
a large cash injection from you, sob stories in the Philippines are like bums...everyone has one.

3. If you are dissapointed that she is

a) married !

b) has a child

then dont progress this freindship, as your not ready to take on a pinay with a child, its expensive enough just courting and marrying a single Filpino, without a child as well.

If she is married, and informally seperated, for you to bring this lady to UK, thats assuming you meet, get on well, and you propose to her, then she would have to file for a Legal Anulment from the Pinoy, that can take anywhere from 6 months to 18 months, depending on many issues, the grounds for legally annuling a marriage in the Philippines are strict and cumbersome.

However, if you have a few quid, you can speed up the process, by bribing a number of officials, including judges and lawyers to move on it quickly, average is around £2000.00.

Am I putting you off mate ? good Im glad, I am trying to put you off, to see how much you like this lady,

If you do like her, and want to progress, politely tell me to mind my own business and I will respect you for that, anyway who am I ? whats it got to do with me....( its your life pal !)

Take care, and I wish you the best with your decision, love and marriage in the Philippines is an arduous path to tread, many have done it, many have given up, those that have done it, are glad they did, ( is that true Keith heheheheheh ?)

As always Pete tells it as it is...

Eljohno
22nd August 2006, 21:12
Hello again

thanks
neil.

My wife came from Mindanao and we have never had any problems but it does depend which part she comes from so let me know...

Also as pete has said the average wedding in the Philippines is about £1500 - £2000 and coz she is married another £2000 to add on..

I think it takes a while for an annulment in the Philippines also..

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 22:18
( sorry Rob was it the ram by the horns ?)

:laugh I hope you sleep with one eye open Pete........very sneaky these Welsh chaps :)

janice
23rd August 2006, 08:06
Hello again

thanks
neil.

Hi, jakeob..:Hellooo: I'm Janice, a 24 year old filipina girl, well, i'm single and from Mindanao, spicifically in Iligan City, but not promoting myself, haha. Just want you to know about the nice lady you told about having a kid and separated, well, to be honest with you, this is not going to make you scared about filipinas but all countries have that good and bad people, right, so, this is what I want you to know that there are some women here in phils that are married with kids but not separated but are chatting just to get some money, they are using their kids and telling they are separated but they are not, even their husband are on it, see how awful it is but it's true, well, not all filipinas are like that, just giving you warning, I guess. Haha. Anyway, I still wish you good luck and just be careful in finding your true love. Get to know the nice lady you were talking about or you can find other woman in here, there are lots of single women here. Good things come to those who wait. Hehe. My sister just got married with an english guy, she is in the process of applying for the visa. Wow. 1500 pounds-2000 pounds is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500 pounds is enough well, fare not included..WEll, to sum it up, your airfares in coming here, the hotel acommodations, foods and other hidden expenses, that would reach 2000 pounds, I guess. Haha. I even told John (my sisters hubby) " It cost a fortune to marry a pinay, John"..well, he said, "It's not, but it's worth it":xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck guys! God bless! Take care you all!:)

KeithD
23rd August 2006, 08:46
1500lbs-2000lbs is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500lbs is enough well, fare not included

:yikes: Blimey, someone has put on weight!!!! :D

1500lbs = Weight
£1500 or 1500 pounds = Money :xxgrinning--00xx3:

janice
23rd August 2006, 11:31
Yeah, I know that, guess I was just lazy to type the word pounds. But I know you all guys know what I was talking about, right? I can't find the money sign either, haha. Well, should I edit it then? So i would not sound dumb. No way! Well, I'm studying and taking up Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Business Economics. There I should edit it. Thanks pal!

KeithD
23rd August 2006, 11:46
You can give me 1500lbs of KFC :)

jakeob
23rd August 2006, 23:16
Well thanks for the warnings,, i guess anything is posible,, but i wont be sending money to anybody. One thing that has crossed my mind is (Age)
i am talking girls from 20- 25 yrs ,,is this age group ok for me at 39 or are these young girls normaly a little young to be serious looking for marriage

thanks neil.......

jeida
24th August 2006, 01:59
Well thanks for the warnings,, i guess anything is posible,, but i wont be sending money to anybody. One thing that has crossed my mind is (Age)
i am talking girls from 20- 25 yrs ,,is this age group ok for me at 39 or are these young girls normaly a little young to be serious looking for marriage

thanks neil.......

Helllo jakeob,
Im 22 yrs of age and im married to british guy and my loving husband always telling me that i am responsible and matured in my age. But age dont really matter what matters most is that you love the girl and she loves you. Anyway goodluck and wish you could find a girl that makes you happy for the rest of your life.

ginapeterb
24th August 2006, 07:59

thanks neil.......

20 to 25 years is the norm, and they are full blooded women heheheh as you will find out !, and they are deadly serious man ! go for it

jakeob
24th August 2006, 16:53
Thanks Pete,,, i think you put my mind at rest with the age thing,,,,and yes Jeilda thanks for your advice,,,Age doesnt matter as long as your in love,,,and i am the old one of course,,lol

neil

ginapeterb
24th August 2006, 18:43
Youre welcome mate !, age is not really a major issue for Pinay's whats important for them is that your a one woman man, not a playboy, an abuser, gambler, drug addict, drinker, and that you are not kuripot ! (stingy) normally and there is always an exception the rule, i.e. masama at maganda ( get your pinay to translate for you, if any probs with my taglish) your average Pinay is only interested in here and now, that is what you do..by your actions and what you are delivering for them now, in other words, exclusively to them in your devotion, looking at them with both eyes, take care of them, pinay's are like beautiful horses, if you stroke them, feed them and water them when they need it, they will carry you wherever you want to go, ( that is..be your best freind, be attentive to your needs, and yes, give you everything you want wink wink).

As I said, age is respected, and a mature man is always more likely to take care of them, he is beyond the behaviours of playboys, pinays are well aware of playboys, after all, they see them every day in the Barangays, the smart ones, are not taken in by them, they are pretty used to binobola mo lang ako !, they are looking for actions that speak louder than words, thats why so many are prepared to uproot there whole life and move to another part of the world, and of course, let us not forget, they have other motives for doing so, yes I will say it here in this post ! they are also looking to escape the no hope situation they have in the Philippines, so its a trade off really, an exchange of services, as long as you are comfortable with that theory, you will find a really nice pinay jake !

Don't rush into relationships straight away, take time to develop a freindship with a pinay, there are thousands of them all looking for the same, once you fall for one, oh yes, you will fall down fast, but be careful not to tall too quick, some of them have been around the block, maybe you havent ?

And don't every try to outsmart a pinay, youre not that good, thats why this forum is good, you can pick up tips from those of us, who have spent lots of time in their company !,

So...halika byahe tayo ngating makita ang ganda ng pinay

ginapeterb
24th August 2006, 18:43
Oh and one thing I forgot to say in my last post !, watch out for vetinary bills for sick caribous, advance payments for roofs destroyed by freak storm damage, and medical bills for Tita Delia...

KeithD
25th August 2006, 08:44
The only problem with the age thing is this.....If you are say 40, and your missus is 20..........your mates will be dead jealous :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
25th August 2006, 09:44
The only problem with the age thing is this.....If you are say 40, and your missus is 20..........your mates will be dead jealous :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Could be a problem though, as Elsa has been told she looks like a 14 year old, and we do get some funny looks in the supermarket. :cwm34:

IainBusby
25th August 2006, 13:09
I dont think that age is important as long as the relationship is real and strong. You've just got to be single minded enough and so absolutely positive about your relationship to say, to hell with what anyone else thinks, as long as we are a happy. I will be 57 next month by the way and my newly acquired missus turned 28 last February

KeithD
25th August 2006, 13:24
......and we do get some funny looks in the supermarket. :cwm34:

...nothing to do with your missus mate! :icon_lol:

walesrob
25th August 2006, 13:26
...nothing to do with your missus mate! :icon_lol:

Funny :NoNo:

Doc898
25th August 2006, 14:10
Wow. 1500 pounds-2000 pounds is tooooooo much for the wedding, 500 pounds is enough well, fare not included..WEll, to sum it up, your airfares in coming here, the hotel acommodations, foods and other hidden expenses, that would reach 2000 pounds, I guess. Haha. I even told John (my sisters hubby) " It cost a fortune to marry a pinay, John"..well, he said, "It's not, but it's worth it":xxgrinning--00xx3:

£1500-£2000 is not enough if the bride have so many relatives and friends like me.Maybe a civil wedding will do.We spent almost £9000 for our church wedding,excluding my husbands airfare. Yeah, it cost a fortune to marry a filipina,but who cares if both of you can afford it. It doesn't really matter how much you spend as long as you still have enough money to sustain yourselves once you get to the UK...and most of all, you can convince the ECO that you're not a recourse to their public funds after having a lavish wedding. :BouncyHappy:

jakeob
25th August 2006, 19:38
Wow,, in 2 or 3 posts the cost of a wedding has gone from £500 to £9000 pounds,, sure it must depend on what you can afford. but i wonder what is the accepted average,,, that mr average will be expected to pay

Has it got anything to do with the social backround of the bride, from say a middle class or upper class familly

At this stage i have never been over there,, but i imagine the Phils to be a very poor country, so i imagined a local wedding would carry a small
pricetag

neil

IainBusby
25th August 2006, 19:56
Hi Neil,
In my experience, they will let you spend as little or as much as you want to, as long as as there's lechon and a cake, enough to feed all the people you have invited, everyone will be happy.
Iain.

KeithD
25th August 2006, 22:13
My wedding cost about £100 but I'm a scouser :BouncyHappy:

russ01539
25th August 2006, 23:56
Was that 100 pounds paid to your trusty scouse 'wedding planner'. U nowe the in the traccies wiyth a dead rat stuck to his top lip.

Doc898
26th August 2006, 08:10
Wow,, in 2 or 3 posts the cost of a wedding has gone from £500 to £9000 pounds,, sure it must depend on what you can afford. but i wonder what is the accepted average,,, that mr average will be expected to pay

Has it got anything to do with the social backround of the bride, from say a middle class or upper class familly

At this stage i have never been over there,, but i imagine the Phils to be a very poor country, so i imagined a local wedding would carry a small
pricetag

neil

I guess,yes..it has something to do with the social background of the bride. It really depends on what you've talked about with the family and between the two of you. If you want a very simple church wedding,£1500-2000 will do. Surely,the bride's family will shoulder some expenses anyway. Maybe you could pay for the food,the rings,the bridal gowns,reception place & Church. The rest will be paid for by the bride.Unless they don't want to spend a single cent!:yikes: Again,depends on the social background,the number of guests invited,and the relatives.I tell you,if you think 100 guest on your list to be invited are enough,you'll be surprised to see that on your wedding day,200 guests will turn up!:doh So it's important to talk about your expected budget to your bride (and her family) before they'll expect too much from you.Believe me,some filipino's are nosey parker to the max..and you don't want to be called stingy either! Be careful with the wedding suppliers as they tend to overprice if they found out that the groom is a foreigner!:doh ..take it from me,i was a victim of a bloody **** bandit who did my hair! (After he met my husband!):cwm23:
Philippines is a 3rd world country. Yes,it's a poor country and the economy is crap! It's filthy & full of tramp! Don't worry,im half-kidding! :Brick: But,you'll be surprised to see that we have posh families living in the country as well..well,not as posh as victoria beckham though! Unlike any other 3rd world countries,we have shops like dorothy perkins,banana republic,Prada and my favorite ralph lauren! You'll be amazed that the prices are much cheaper here compared to God-chosen countries like america and europe! By the way, are you planning to get married soon? It'll be nice if you visit the country,have a look around the place, and meet your prospective family-in-laws! It'll be fun and exciting,not only for you but for your bride's family as well.:D

Eljohno
26th August 2006, 11:01
You cannot really expect the bride's family to help pay for the wedding, the total cost is down to the guy. At the end of the day £1000 - £2000 for a wedding is sooooo much cheaper than a wedding in the UK..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mupsuit
26th August 2006, 12:12
You cannot really expect the bride's family to help pay for the wedding, the total cost is down to the guy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree with John on this and suggest that in all discussions are made from this perspective

However I think you can expect the bride to pay for her own wedding dress - mine did

I married in a Barong which by tradition was a gift to me from the principal sponsor

On our wedding invitations I included the words - "we have reserved xx seats for you" - hopefully this allows your guests to understand that it is not an open invitation to all their family - in the main this worked