PDA

View Full Version : Girls talk

pennybarry
18th June 2008, 07:30
I borrowed a book from my boss and started reading it. It is first published in 1913. I would like to share some part of it to all wives. I will share more in the future. I'm improving now :omg::D in some other way:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Hope this will help you GIRLS !
I just type this so correction is under your care:D

How to avoid discord
Don't expect to drop into matrimonial harmony with the end of a honeymoon; you have not thoroughly learned to know each other's foibles by that time.

Don't expect all the love to be on his side. It will wear thin for lack of support if you do.

Don't quarrel with your husband. Remember, it takes two to make a quarrel; don't you be one of them. Lovers quarrel may be all very well, but matrimonial doses are apt to leave a bitter flavour behind. The quarrels of spouses are not always the renewal of love.

Don't say, " I told you so" to your husband, however much you feel tempted to. It does no good, and he will be grateful to you for not saying it.

Don't expect your husband to make you happy while you are simply a passive agent. Do your best to make him happy and you will find happiness yourself.

Don't nag your husband. If he won't carry out your wishes for love of you. he certainly won't because you nag him.

Don't sulk with your husband. If he has annoyed you about something, 'get it off your chest'. A sulky wife is as bad as a termagant.

Don't tread on your husband's (metaphorical) pet corns. There are plenty of other people who will do that. You needn't help.

Don't think you can each go your own way and be happy as if you pulled in double harness. In all important matters you want to pull together.

Don't expect all the 'give' to be on his side, and all the 'take' on yours.

Don't argue with stubborn husband. Drop the matter before argument leads to temper. You can generally gain your point in some other way.

Don't 'manage' your husband too visibly. Of course, he may require the most careful management, but you don't want your friends to think of him as a hen-pecked husband. Above all, never let him think you manage him.

Don't wash your dirty linen in public, or even before your most intimate friends. If there are certain disagreeable matters to discuss, take care to discuss them in complete privacy.

Don't go to sleep feeling cross with your husband. If he has annoyed you during the evening, forgive him and close your eyes at peace with him. 'Let's not the sun go down upon your wrath' is a very good motto.

Don't return to an old grievance. Once the matter has been thrased out, let it be forgotten, or at least never allude to it again.

Don't be too proud to seek a reconciliation if you have unhappily quarreled with your husband. Never mind if you think he was to blame-give him half a chance, and he will probably own up to it; but he may not care to take the first step, lest he be repulsed.

Don't refuse to give way about trifles. When a principle is at stake, it is a different matter, but most matrimonial differences arise from trifles.

Don't say bitter things when you are angry. They not only sting at the time, but they eat their way in and are remembered long after you have forgotten them.

Don't keep your sweetest smiles and your best manners for outsiders; let your husband come first.

Don't believe that marriage is a lottery over which you have no control. If you and your husband have both married for LOVE, the lottery is really a 'dead cert'.

Don't attemp to dictate to your husband on any subject. He won't stand it, and there will be trouble. But--- Don't let him dictate you. Always respond to reasonable persuasion, butlet him see that, although you are willing to be led, you are not to be driven.

Don't cease to be lovers because you are married. There is no need for the honeymoon to come to an end while you live.

Don't feel your husband feel that you are always criticising everything he does. Leave the role of critic to others. This does not mean that you are to give no friendly criticism. There is a happy medium between constant carping and fulsome flatery which you should seek.

Don't snub your husband. Nothing is more unpleasant for lookers-on than to hear a snub administered by a wife. and it is more than unpleasnat for the husband; it is degrading.

Don't ever seem to join forces with those who criticise your husband, even in lenght of his moustache or the cut of his hair. He is more sensitive to his little vanities than in his big exploits. The great man will be modest enough about his world-shaking inventions; but if you jibe at the colour of his eyes, you have him on the raw.

Don't 4get that you and your husband are a partnership. If he thinks his partner is against him, to whom can look for sympathy? If YOU join in the world's opposition, he may feel that he is a very Ishmael, and become one, in truth.

alicat
18th June 2008, 07:45
very well said sis...

keithAngel
18th June 2008, 09:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I have saved that very good

Piamed
18th June 2008, 09:53
Very nice amiga!

jencha8569
18th June 2008, 12:10
very nice..:)

angel1231
18th June 2008, 12:25
:Hellooo:hi i ll try some ot it .............

Alan
18th June 2008, 12:31
Don't say, 'Well, they're bloody rubbish aren't they?' when Oldham lose yet again.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

vbkelly
18th June 2008, 13:58
thankyou ate penny to sharing with us

islander
18th June 2008, 14:49
thanks for sharing this to us!

a good thing to ponder on & lot of lessons to use in the future! :)

kimmi
18th June 2008, 18:42
thanks for sharing Ate Penny..:)

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2008, 20:52
Nice post Penny:)

andypaul
18th June 2008, 22:29
Wheter male or female you can learn from that.

Thanking you kindly Mrs PennyBlack:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
19th June 2008, 07:32
Wheter male or female you can learn from that.

Thanking you kindly Mrs PennyBlack:xxgrinning--00xx3:

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME:D AND WILL SHARE more.

Hi Andy!!!! How come you called me Penny BLACK? :Erm::bigcry::Brick: My nickname is a tale that you will love to hear from my LOLA:icon_lol:

vrn
19th June 2008, 16:51
nice post.....I like it:)

andypaul
19th June 2008, 19:48
YOU'RE ALL WELCOME:D AND WILL SHARE more.

Hi Andy!!!! How come you called me Penny BLACK? :Erm::bigcry::Brick: My nickname is a tale that you will love to hear from my LOLA:icon_lol:

doh

sorry i just called you a stamp what a wally i am:ARsurrender:

pennybarry
20th June 2008, 07:44
Here's some continuation for my fella filipina wives

Personalities

Don't think that there is any satisfactory substitute for love between husband and wife. Respect and esteem make a good foundation, but they won't do alone.

Don't be surprise, if you have married for money, or position, or fame; that you get only money, or position, or fame; love cannot be bought.

Dont think that, because you have married for love, you can never know a moment of unhappiness. Life is not a bed of roses, but love will help to extract the thorns.

Don't expect life to be all sunshine. Besides, if there are no clouds, you will loose the opportunity of showing your husband what a good chum you can be.

Financial Matters
Don't think money makes happiness. It helps to procure comfort, but true happiness lies deeper than that.

Don't be satisfied to let your husband work overtime to earn money for frocks for you. Manage with fewer frocks.

Don't get into debt if you can possibly help it. You don't want to carry a load around on your own mind, nor your worry your husband with it.

Don't spend every penny you get, unless it is so little that you absolutely must. Try to put by for the proverbial "rainy day"

Don't expect to begin where your parents left off. A little struggle in your early married life won't hurt you.

Don't spend your life keeping up appearances. Why should YOU BUY expensive furnitures for the benefit of your neighbors if you haven't a balanca at the BANK?

Don't entrench on your little capital every time you think you would like something you haven't got. You won't find it easy to replace these sums as your necessary expenses grow.

Don't have any SECRETS from your husband in financial matters. Complete confidence is best.

Don't let him have any financial secrets from you. You are partners, and you have as much right to know what is the balance at the bank as he has.

Don't spend all the best years of your life pinching and saving unnecessarily, until you are too old to get any pleasure out of your money.

Don't pile your money for your children. Give them the best education possible, and let them make their own way.

Don't urge your husband to save enough money to "retire". His retirement may very likely shorten his life by depriving him of its chief interest.

Don't exercise your passion for economy on your husband's linen. Don't expect him to wear his shirts and collars twice because the laundry bill is so high, and don't grudge him a couple of handkerchiefs a day. If necessary, you can wash these yourself. Anyhow rather economise on your own or the household washing.

Don't run up big bills at a number of shops and then find it necessary to go to your husband to help you out. Try to know where you are all the time.

Don't object to your husband's life insurance. He will die none the sooner because his life is insured, and if you should unfortunately have to end your life without him, it maybe a great help to you.

pennybarry
22nd June 2008, 08:54
:D:omg::BouncyHappy::cwm12::):xxgrinning--00xx3: