PDA

View Full Version : She's a Catholic; He's not!

Piamed
17th June 2008, 14:14
Looking at some recent posts it is clear that a number of boyfriends/husbands on this forum are not Catholics and some are not Christians. So my question is, how do you manage the situation when your religious are philosophical viewpoints are different?

KeithD
17th June 2008, 14:45
Why would it have anything to do with a relationship? :Erm: Never even been a tiny issue in ours.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 15:04
I believe it probably is not an issue where high degrees of mutual respect, love and tolerance co-exist! Where a relationship is occupied by two of the same faith it can help in conflict resolution.

islander
17th June 2008, 15:04
My hubby is also a non-practicing christian while I'm a very religious person. But in spite of that, it didn't create conflict so far. Coz when he visited me & i wanted to go to church, he supported me in that sense by accompanying me, although i know he doesn't have faith in God at all.

Just hope the support would remain the same when i live with him in UK.

joebloggs
17th June 2008, 15:06
:xxgrinning--00xx3: I went to a C of E school, my dad was catholic and mom was a Jehovah's Witnesses :doh

well i'm glad to say i'm not any of them, free from this cacophony
:rolleyes:

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
Abraham Lincoln

"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."
Bill Gates :D

“Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

“God has no religion” Mahatma Gandhi

but my misses put our daughter in a catholic school. and she wanted to baptise little joe, who hasn't been at the mo and he's now 20 months old, jokingly i told her i didn't want him to be ......... but if she does i'm ok with it.

its not caused any problems with me or the misses in the 8yrs i've known her, you have to give and take..

walesrob
17th June 2008, 15:07
Looking at some recent posts it is clear that a number of boyfriends/husbands on this forum are not Catholics and some are not Christians. So my question is, how do you manage the situation when your religious are philosophical viewpoints are different?

But then relationships are all about give and take, its not *just about religion. Elsa is a Catholic, I'm not, but I have no problem going to church with her every once in a while. I respect her decision to be a Catholic, she respects my decision to believe in whatever I want. I like to think that the world is better off without religion, but if people choose to pray to the Good Lord Almighty, I have no problem with that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
17th June 2008, 15:08
we worship GOD in different way so we can't judge to them but GOD knows who we are

Piamed
17th June 2008, 15:12
My hubby is also a non-practicing christian while I'm a very religious person. But in spite of that, it didn't create conflict so far. Coz when he visited me & i wanted to go to church, he supported me in that sense by accompanying me, although i know he doesn't have faith in God at all.

Just hope the support would remain the same when i live with him in UK.

I am confident it will amiga. Your faith is important to you and your hubby loves you and will continue to respect what is important for you.

Pagpalain ka nawa! Bless you.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 15:21
..its not caused any problems with me or the misses in the 8yrs i've known her, you have to give and take..

I agree with that totally. I personally believe that people focus on differences rather than similarities and that causes so many problems. It is clear from so many of your postings that you and your wife have a loving approach to things hence you having minimal problems and mutual resolution when you do disagree.

But then relationships are all about give and take, its not *just about religion.
That is certainly the bottom line. I feel that often religion per se is never a problem but rather the interpretations that individuals make and their decisions to act in ways contrary to the key principles of their faith is what causes many problems.

we worship GOD in different way so we can't judge to them but GOD knows who we are
For those that do worship him that is very true.

skysky
17th June 2008, 15:25
The only thing I will worship is my wife

oh and bananna and cholocate crepes, and blueberry pancakes

Piamed
17th June 2008, 15:30
Banana is a bloke on this forum. Chocolate, Blueberry and Pancake might be also - explain yourself :icon_lol::icon_lol:

David House
17th June 2008, 15:46
My wife arrived in the UK as a practising Roman Catholic, and we even went to Rome soon after she arrived and she attended a mass in St Peter's. She still considers herself a catholic but has modified her views very considerably as a consequence of being exposed to the different, and more open opinions, in the UK. I am agnostic and, whilst I view all religions as historically interesting, I prefer to deal with things that can be proven rather than rely on myths and faith. As a couple we never disagree on such things and have had some good conversations about religion. My wife now regards the RC church's position in the Philippines with considerable sceptism and as a powerful negative influence on their progress.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 16:02
I prefer to deal with things that can be proven rather than rely on myths and faith.
Without digressing into a Social Science discussion you will appreciate that the relationship between myth and faith can be a tenuous one.

Additionally, faith is to those that possess it, as solid a source of proof as is perhaps tangible and direct observation to you. You see what you see based on your ontological and epistemological positioning.

No matter what one believes one sees and why one believes in what they see, it is possible to refute one's perspective based ultimately on a level of faith one has in something that cannot be comprehended without it. I may not have explained this as clearly as I want as I'm rushing to test drive a new car.:D Advance apologies.

walesrob
17th June 2008, 16:24
I prefer to deal with things that can be proven rather than rely on myths and faith.

Piamed is right, this is a personal thing and we should respect the right for individuals to believe in their faith, and you have no right to criticise that. However, I find it distasteful that its ok to rubbish or ridicule Catholics in the British media purely because of their beliefs not being in line with popular thinking. It stinks of a phobia, and I thought the UK was a more tolerant country than that.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 17:29
Piamed is right, this is a personal thing and we should respect the right for individuals to believe in their faith, and you have no right to criticise that. However, I find it distasteful that its ok to rubbish or ridicule Catholics in the British media purely because of their beliefs not being in line with popular thinking. It stinks of a phobia, and I thought the UK was a more tolerant country than that.

Good point! It seems we are becoming so intolerant; that's a shame!

joebloggs
17th June 2008, 17:44
i think people should be able to believe in what they want, but what i don't like is when thier parents beliefs are forced on to thier children.let the kids find their own beliefs.

as in my case, C of E school and forced to goto
Jehovah's Witnesses meetings with my mom, luckily my dad didn't force his catholic beliefs on me thou. like i said , i glad i'm not any of them, but i respect the right for other to be, if it's thier free will.

and i don't think their is much wrong with what david said, as thats his belief, a right he has, just as those who have a right to believe in something else..

KeithD
17th June 2008, 17:50
My wife believes.....I believe my wife.....it keeps the peace :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th June 2008, 18:01
but i confess i wasn't too happy when my misses told me, our 7yr old daughter had gone to confession :NoNo: i asked her whats she got to confess about ?

KeithD
17th June 2008, 18:11
but i confess i wasn't too happy when my misses told me, our 7yr old daughter had gone to confession :NoNo: i asked her whats she got to confess about ?

:Erm: Having a Manc for a father........nothing much worse than that eh?

(He'll answer "apart from having a scouse one :D)

Piamed
17th June 2008, 18:28
i think people should be able to believe in what they want, but what i don't like is when thier parents beliefs are forced on to thier children.let the kids find their own beliefs.

as in my case, C of E school and forced to goto
Jehovah's Witnesses meetings with my mom, luckily my dad didn't force his catholic beliefs on me thou. like i said , i glad i'm not any of them, but i respect the right for other to be, if it's thier free will.

and i don't think their is much wrong with what david said, as thats his belief, a right he has, just as those who have a right to believe in something else..

I agree with you Joe that parents should not force their children into anything. However, I do believe that it is to be expected that parents would lovingly instruct them on belief systems and morals codes that they believe have helped them and will help their children in their own lives. For many that constitutes a religious framework.

Of course when the child is older he will have to determine whether he will continue along the road that his parents have taken him for himself. In line with biblical scriptures, the child will have his own free will and have to establish his own relationship with God, if that's what he wants to do.

My wife believes.....I believe my wife.....it keeps the peace :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

but i confess i wasn't too happy when my misses told me, our 7yr old daughter had gone to confession :NoNo: i asked her whats she got to confess about ? Although a tradition I myself don't subscribe to, it is an important faith-related practice for Catholics.

(He'll answer "apart from having a scouse one :D) :icon_lol::icon_lol:

David House
17th June 2008, 19:02
I mean no offence to anyone and believe all are entitled to hold whatever views they like, so long as they don't harm others. My own are entirely personal and I don't attempt to force others to share them, although I could make the case that some RC doctrine does harm people. In fact I rather dislike the fact that some people feel the need to try to preach to me or "convert" me to their faith, just because they feel they know better than me. Such attitudes can eventually lead to war! Tolerance of others will lead to greater understanding and peaceful co-existence. I also take the view that religion should be a matter of personal conviction and not one of national policy. It should play no role in political decision making. When a politician claims he has been guided by God my buttocks wince. You can justify anything that way. Bush and Blair stand accused. Separation of church and state is essential in my view and the Philippines would become much stronger if it were to happen there.

kimmi
17th June 2008, 19:03
It wasn't an issue between me and hubby..:)

KeithD
17th June 2008, 19:12
That's because YOU told him it wasn't so he shut up! :D

Mrs Daddy
17th June 2008, 19:17
same here...am catholic and hubby church of england but we both believe in God and he even attended sunday mass in PI but he never did attend church before in uk but still its never an issue to both of us:)

Piamed
17th June 2008, 19:34
I mean no offence to anyone and believe all are entitled to hold whatever views they like, so long as they don't harm others. My own are entirely personal and I don't attempt to force others to share them, although I could make the case that some RC doctrine does harm people. In fact I rather dislike the fact that some people feel the need to try to preach to me or "convert" me to their faith, just because they feel they know better than me. Such attitudes can eventually lead to war! Tolerance of others will lead to greater understanding and peaceful co-existence. I also take the view that religion should be a matter of personal conviction and not one of national policy. It should play no role in political decision making. When a politician claims he has been guided by God my buttocks wince. You can justify anything that way. Bush and Blair stand accused. Separation of church and state is essential in my view and the Philippines would become much stronger if it were to happen there. I don't see any offence in anything that you said at all and fully agree that everyone has the right to say what they like as long as they speak not with the direct intention of causing hurt to another. Although I am not RC I do not believe that doctrines on their own hurt anyone. Only the interpretation and perhaps misguided actions claimed to be in association to those doctrines cause harm.

It is ok to share a faith if done in a loving manner. When my former boss and now close personal friend, had a nervous breakdown, I was able to overcome the cultural tendency to 'give him space' and instead share my relationship with God as a way to help me get through things, with him. Although he was an unbeliever, he really appreciated my communication with him and wanted to know more about the god I believe in, that caused me to be the person he believes I am. He has a number of philosophies and we regularly discuss them. I have a number of very close devout Muslim friends. We always focus on similarities and invariably discover that we have far more in common than it would initially appear. We only argue about football; he supports Liverpool and I Arsenal. :)

Certainly religion as a national policy would not work and is inappropriate as a personal relationship with God is required and God's word also speaks of free will.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

same here...am catholic and hubby church of england but we both believe in God and he even attended sunday mass in PI but he never did attend church before in uk but still its never an issue to both of us:)
I can be described as a Charismatic Pentecostal and Pia is a Catholic. She understands why I don't 'believe' in certain rituals and traditions as mine is a purely bible-based faith. I similarly, attend mass regularly in da Phils and focus on similarities rather than differences. The most important thing is that we believe in the same God, pray together and are tolerant of each other's perspective because we love each other.

As we study the word more together we will find our own unique faith positioning as a couple.

Mrs Daddy
17th June 2008, 19:45
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I can be described as a Charismatic Pentecostal and Pia is a Catholic. She understands why I don't 'believe' in certain rituals and traditions as mine is a purely bible-based faith. I similarly, attend mass regularly in da Phils and focus on similarities rather than differences. The most important thing is that we believe in the same God, pray together and are tolerant of each other's perspective because we love each other.

As we study the word more together we will find our own unique faith positioning as a couple.

good for you both!:)

flomike
17th June 2008, 21:25
My husband don't believe in having a religion too ( or GOD:NoNo: ). We don't have any problem on that all as my husband respect me and my belief vice versa.
Me as a pinoy being brought up by my parents from the beginning that GOD is exist. Me a so called BornAgain Christian haven't practice it for a few years now:NoNo:. But its always nice to believe in something rather than nothing IMO.

Eljohno
17th June 2008, 21:37
Yes i agree that everyone has the free will to choose whatever path they want to, as for me being a "Born Again" Christian is the most important thing in my life so for me i was only going to marry someone who believed the same thing as what i did.

KeithD
17th June 2008, 21:39
The Muslims think we live in a Christian country.....the government say we live in a Christian country.....and yet as you can see by the folk on here, we obviously don't.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 21:43
Yes i agree that everyone has the free will to choose whatever path they want to, as for me being a "Born Again" Christian is the most important thing in my life so for me i was only going to marry someone who believed the same thing as what i did.

It absolutely determines who I am! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jackmac452
17th June 2008, 21:47
Religions are only concocted to be able to run peoples lives, my lady is Catholic and I just read David Icke books...I respect her beliefs and she does not understand mine...the perfect relationship....hahaha..I remember my Step Grandad who was in the Orchestra in Berkenhau concentration camp telling me a story..He told me thousands of innocent people called upon God before they were gassed, but they were never helped by him, none of them...but I also know someone who swears blind she was healed by the power of faith in God...Funny thing Religion..Each to their own I think..

Piamed
17th June 2008, 22:09
Faith and religion are not necessarily synonymous. God helps people in a variety of ways and not necessarily in ways that unbelievers such as yourself can immediately comprehend. Many good people lead great lives without a belief in God. Good for them.

My faith determines who I am. When my father, who I loved dearly and is my role model, died, I had a choice. I could have seen things as many unbelievers invariably would, that God did not save him and never helped me.

Instead I saw things as practising Christians should and some unbelievers can. I thanked God for having given me the father I had and for allowing me to have had him as long as my siblings and I did. That does not mean i do not grieve for him no longer being here. My father passed away almost 11 years ago and I still feel the pain often.

There are so so many people who can attribute the poor lives they have to the type of father they had. We were helped. My mother knew a joy and companionship many women will never know. My siblings and I enjoyed a loving paternal relationship which many will never have.

For that alone He is worthy of my praise!

David House
17th June 2008, 22:53
Interesting and respectful though this exchange of views is, it is getting away from the original question. My wife and I have no problem at all because we respect and love each other. However her family cannot understand that I don't share their faith because everyone they know is RC and it is difficult for them to conceive of another viewpoint. I get great pressure to "support" their local church because I am the rich white guy and they are expected to be able to twist my arm. When I refuse, or try to put conditions on any gift that it must be distributed to the poor and needy, it causes a few problems. I got very upset that they wanted to adorn their building with expensive statues and other fanciful decoration, expecting me to pay, whilst people were starving close by.
I once visited Jerusalam and stood by the Western Wall and inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The feeling by the Western Wall was of respectful reverance and a connection to history. It had a truly magical atmosphere. Inside the church are a series of chapels for some of the various branches of Christianity, well the older established ones at least. The feeling there was much more competitive and close to the "rock" was downright unruly. The only place I felt came close to being inspirational was in the Coptic chapel, which was completely unadorned and gave off a simple message of love for your fellow man. This of course proves nothing. Faith is personal but I do think the churches sometimes do their best to alienate people by putting their own spin on what is a good message and a sensible way for us to live together.

Piamed
17th June 2008, 23:02
I do think the churches sometimes do their best to alienate people by putting their own spin on what is a good message and a sensible way for us to live together.

I agree with that profoundly that 'some' churches behave in that way. That is often the difference between one being religious and another practising a faith! To me, what you describe is more a thing of the individuals involved rather than being religion related.

It is unfortunate that you are receiving pressure to do what you describe as adorning churches rather than helping the needy. I hope that will change mate.

joebloggs
18th June 2008, 04:02

(He'll answer "apart from having a scouse one :D)

apart from having many different scouse fathers, one for each day of the week :doh

aposhark
18th June 2008, 04:24

Brilliant, coming from a Manc too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
18th June 2008, 04:31
It is clear from so many of your postings that you and your wife have a loving approach to things hence you having minimal problems and mutual resolution when you do disagree.

:icon_lol::laugher:, sorry piamed

i think you've got me mixed up with someone else :doh

the things i've said about her on here :rolleyes: but if she knew i was on here :yikes: , she would :icon_lol: at what i've said, as little of it is true :D

many times i've posted on here, making fun of the misses, trying to get a reaction from the filipina's on here :D, but nope, no bad rep, no replies to my posts, even when i said i would make the misses sit on the floor, and the dog would sit on the sofa after it cost me £1,000 for an op for the dog.. :doh

most filipina's are too reserved and too polite to answer back :NoNo:, my misses use to be like that, but now she says whats on her mind :doh, even to the point of, when she hears a scouser on tv, ":NoNo: a scouser", and many times i've had to say, shes not a scouser :icon_lol:, shes irish, or a brummie of gordie , but shes getting there :doh

Piamed
18th June 2008, 04:37
:icon_lol::laugher:, sorry piamed

i think you've got me mixed up with someone else :doh

the things i've said about her on here :rolleyes: but if she knew i was on here :yikes: , she would :icon_lol: at what i've said, as little of it is true :D

many times i've posted on here, making fun of the misses, trying to get a reaction from the filipina's on here :D, but nope, no bad rep, no replies to my posts, even when i said i would make the misses sit on the floor, and the dog would sit on the sofa after it cost me £1,000 for an op for the dog.. :doh

most filipina's are too reserved and too polite to answer back :NoNo:, my misses use to be like that, but now she says whats on her mind :doh, even to the point of, when she hears a scouser on tv, ":NoNo: a scouser", and many times i've had to say, shes not a scouser :icon_lol:, shes irish, or a brummie of gordie , but shes getting there :doh

You both sound a wonderful couple! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'll try and get back to sleep now. This waiting is a killer! :NoNo:

aposhark
18th June 2008, 04:42

For me, one word that encompasses a lifestyle "Respect".
We respect a girlfriend's/wife's beliefs and they respect ours.
Now dialogue into the why's and wherefores should only be undertaken if both parties remain calm :rolleyes::cwm24::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

I asked my GF (I will call her my fiancée only after I have asked her father for her hand in marriage, yes, I am old-fashioned that way) if we could have a civil wedding and she kindly agreed to this.
I would have felt like a hypocrite to be married in a church as I am an atheist.
How to manage the situation?
I think it is important to discuss these things at the outset of a relationship so as not to have misunderstanding later.
There are so many much more important things in life to think about.
It seems to me that most people in the UK think the same as me.
Attendances in church are continually decreasing, people have had enough of mindless indoctrination.
My religion? Love, honour and (sometimes) obey my soon-to-be wife :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Give as much as I can to her in emotional ways and hope to receive a little back.

aposhark
18th June 2008, 04:53
Faith and religion are not necessarily synonymous. God helps people in a variety of ways and not necessarily in ways that unbelievers such as yourself can immediately comprehend. Many good people lead great lives without a belief in God. Good for them.

My faith determines who I am. When my father, who I loved dearly and is my role model, died, I had a choice. I could have seen things as many unbelievers invariably would, that God did not save him and never helped me.

Instead I saw things as practising Christians should and some unbelievers can. I thanked God for having given me the father I had and for allowing me to have had him as long as my siblings and I did. That does not mean i do not grieve for him no longer being here. My father passed away almost 11 years ago and I still feel the pain often.

There are so so many people who can attribute the poor lives they have to the type of father they had. We were helped. My mother knew a joy and companionship many women will never know. My siblings and I enjoyed a loving paternal relationship which many will never have.

For that alone He is worthy of my praise!

I respect your beliefs Piamed and hope you do the same for people who prefer to spend their time and thoughts on what they perceive to be more important than religion.
My father is Catholic and regularly goes to church.
He never brings up religious thoughts with me, and I truly admire him for that.
We speak on the phone most days, he is my hero :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
18th June 2008, 05:10
For me, one word that encompasses a lifestyle "Respect".
We respect a girlfriend's/wife's beliefs and they respect ours.
Now dialogue into the why's and wherefores should only be undertaken if both parties remain calm :rolleyes::cwm24::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: I think I know which of you has to remain calm and its not you. :icon_lol:

I asked my GF if we could have a civil wedding and she kindly agreed to this.
I would have felt like a hypocrite to be married in a church as I am an atheist.
How to manage the situation? Pia and I were going to get married in a civil ceremony as we were initially told that we could not get married in a catholic church as I am not a Catholic. I was told I would have to baptised a Catholic which I could find no scriptural basis for.

My biblical references about that and communion were not considered by the priest. Then suddenly, the Cathedral announced that it was ok but I could not partake in communion. I said ok, that my mother and I would bless our own bread and wine but during the service I was offered it and took it. :D

I think it is important to discuss these things at the outset of a relationship so as not to have misunderstanding later.
There are so many much more important things in life to think about.It is very important to discuss these things at the outset as for many practising believers it is the most important thing in their life.

It seems to me that most people in the UK think the same as me. sad but quite true.

people have had enough of mindless indoctrination. You started off by saying you respect your wife's beliefs. This particular statement does appear to be at odds with your earlier assertion and the next quote.

Give as much as I can to her in emotional ways ....

You are surely entitled to your views/beliefs and we should all give each others views/beliefs respect whether contrary to our own or not as you said mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just my thoughts :)

joebloggs
18th June 2008, 05:11
Brilliant, coming from a Manc too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i'll have you know aopshark my morals and standards are just as good if not better than anyone elses :D

and as some have said on here, religion helps them get thru life and difficult times, well laughter for me and remembering good times has done that for me.. :icon_lol:

Piamed
18th June 2008, 05:17
and as some have said on here, religion helps them get thru life and difficult times, well laughter for me and remembering good times has done that for me.. :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
18th June 2008, 06:33
Sometimes, hubby accompany me inside the church , but mostly he looks for a bar and drink there while waiting for me.

KeithD
18th June 2008, 09:16
Sometimes, hubby accompany me inside the church , but mostly he looks for a bar and drink there while waiting for me.
Now that's a MAN :D

kimmi
18th June 2008, 18:51

well, that's LOVE Boss :doh:doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::D

same with u Ate Penny, hubby accompany me into the church and then sometimes he waits for me outside..Its just a matter of respect and open communication.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
18th June 2008, 19:00
For all those whose Hubbies go to Church do you also go to the pub or football with your MR?

kimmi
18th June 2008, 19:03
For all those whose Hubbies go to Church do you also go to the pub or football with your MR?

Oh yes Kuya Andy, in my case I dont drink or smoke but I go to the pub with chuck especially when we go down in England and he orders me J20..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:Hellooo:

andypaul
18th June 2008, 19:10
Oh yes Kuya Andy, in my case I dont drink or smoke but I go to the pub with chuck especially when we go down in England and he orders me J20..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:Hellooo:

No need to drink alshol or smoke but going to a proper local is a great part of British Life.

Cant beat a nice J20:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
18th June 2008, 19:14
No need to drink alshol or smoke but going to a proper local is a great part of British Life.

Cant beat a nice J20:xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh yes Kuya Andy, I also enjoyed watching people there inside the pub, observing their different personalities and drinking J20..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
18th June 2008, 19:58
I aalso love J20! Not a pub person but thay have some nice wine bars in Leeds! All of them so much nicer for me now that smoking in public establishments is banned. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jackmac452
18th June 2008, 20:43
Piamed...you live in Leeds? wow....that explains it all..You'll need plenty of Faith living there....I come from Gods own city...Bradford....

Piamed
18th June 2008, 21:10
:icon_lol::icon_lol: Been here almost 4 years and I'm still learning the language! :) Used to go to Bradford Uni library when i was researching for my doctorate. Seems a nice place. Many great Indian restaurants!

pennybarry
19th June 2008, 07:54

Yes, I go to Pubs with him although I don't drink and don't smoke. But I like Pubs in Germany and Holland. Some Pubs have area for dancing and we dance:D Hubby don't dance, his both feet are both left when dancing:action-smiley-081:. That's makes me feel bad because he always stepped on my feet:bigcry:

KeithD
19th June 2008, 09:09
:NoNo: God is not happy with the direction of this thread. One minute talking about the Almighty, the next you lot are chin wagging about :NEW1:

That'll be 25 Hail Mary's and 6 pints of Guiness......

Piamed
19th June 2008, 09:55
:NoNo: God is not happy with the direction of this thread. One minute talking about the Almighty, the next you lot are chin wagging about :NEW1:

Amazing how threads develop :)

KeithD
19th June 2008, 10:06
Amazing how threads develop :)

We call it EVOLUTION :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

Piamed
19th June 2008, 10:13
We call it EVOLUTION :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

In order to evolve it first has to be created! :D

angelarose19
19th June 2008, 10:22
Hi all, Whatever it may be and however it may be, there is no mental walls and religion for Love, if it so then its not a love, now you can get some perfect tips from an outstanding dating site ever been, because i brought much happiness from this dating site, ####################################################you......iam sure about that

KeithD
19th June 2008, 10:34
Another who doesn't read the rules :NoNo:

kimmi
19th June 2008, 12:17

sorry father..:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp:

Hi all, Whatever it may be and however it may be, there is no mental walls and religion for Love, if it so then its not a love, now you can get some perfect tips from an outstanding dating site ever been, because i brought much happiness from this dating site, ####################################################you......iam sure about that

Another who doesn't read the rules :NoNo:

:doh:doh:NoNo::NoNo::bigcry::bigcry::ARsurrender:

aposhark
19th June 2008, 14:52
.....Just my thoughts :)

Well said.
We agree to agree and we agree to differ :Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy:

aposhark
19th June 2008, 14:58

Nice one :icon_lol::icon_lol: "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me that a frontal lobotamy" :Rasp::Rasp::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

andypaul
19th June 2008, 19:30
:rolleyes:

I was talking about my beliefs beer and football:rolleyes:

Do I need to do a hail modric now?

Matty
30th June 2008, 16:31
my wife is catholic , i am c of e , our daughter goes to a catholic school , i go to church with my wife when she goes and she comes with me when i go , no problems , never has been never will be , and we were married by a c of e vicar in a c of e church.

Piamed
30th June 2008, 18:44
my wife is catholic , i am c of e , our daughter goes to a catholic school , i go to church with my wife when she goes and she comes with me when i go , no problems , never has been never will be , and we were married by a c of e vicar in a c of e church.
Cheers Matty. I agree when you have the key thing in common, i.e. your faith in God, the rest should not be a problem at all.

My wife, Pia, is Catholic and I am a Born Again Christian. We have so much in common as He is at the centre of our lives.

I do though imagine that when one is a devout follower and the other an athiest, it is a bit more challenging! Stay blessed!