PDA

View Full Version : Phonecalls

fontain
27th June 2006, 11:04
Hi all,

Well the missus is off back to the PI next week from Sing and is getting a little bit worried (amongst other things) of how much its genna cost her to text me from there.

From Sing its pretty cheap but she seems to think that its mega expensive from the PI.

Is this the case?
Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Regarding phonecalls thats no problem coz I get phone cards here and do the calling.

Eljohno
27th June 2006, 13:03
Hi,

it costs 15 pesos for someone to text the UK from the Philippines.

There are cheaper ways for you to phone the Philippines and if you have a look there are many options of what to use here in this forum. My wife calls a mobile phone in the Philippines from UK for 7p per min.

Hope that helps!!

fontain
27th June 2006, 13:49
Is that from any network out there or a specific one?

Eljohno
27th June 2006, 19:25
The two main networks out there are "Globe" and "Smart" and i think the price is roughly the same.....

KeithD
28th June 2006, 09:04
Texts are cheaper than from Sing, but phonecalls are more expensive as the UK & Phil like to rip off there own people :)

deepred
29th June 2006, 06:43
Hi :)
From Ph to UK, its best to buy a prepaid card, TEXTWISE or similar cards. Text costs only P5/text vs the usual P15/text from SMART & GLOBE to any network in UK like ORANGE or VODA. Still another cheap way of communicating is letting your girl from PH log on to yahoo messenger while you, in UK, are using PC. It costs only P2.50/message to and from.A couple i know bought his GLOBE sim here in Ph and had it "roaming" and brought it there in UK. His girl here in Ph also uses the same network.That costs them P1/text both ways. I hope it helps somehow.

baboyako
29th June 2006, 18:52
almost...

texting ph from the uk on smart costs 15pesos. its the same to receive a sms, all in all it does work out a little cheaper than the uk networks.

for globe just txt "roam on" to 333 before you leave the fil.

i still use my uk phone (visa evidence). roaming a uk phone is a rip off all round.

maldita
2nd July 2006, 15:11
It actually costs Php25/sms on Globe and Php20/sms on Smart if you're the one sending it from the UK. Receiving SMS is free. Globe allows prepaid phones to roam for only 3 months and can receive calls. You can only activate it by calling their hotline or filling out a form but you cannot deactivate it. Smart can be activated/deactivated anytime through SMS sent to 333 (ROAM ON) but you cannot receive calls. With my fiance and I, I send him messages via smart phone (since he keeps a smart sim) and he replies via PC using a chikka account which provides 20 free sms/day to Smart and 30 free sms to Globe..

Eljohno
2nd July 2006, 15:35
It actually costs Php25/sms on Globe and Php20/sms on Smart if you're the one sending it from the UK. Receiving SMS is free. Globe allows prepaid phones to roam for only 3 months and can receive calls. You can only activate it by calling their hotline or filling out a form but you cannot deactivate it. Smart can be activated/deactivated anytime through SMS sent to 333 (ROAM ON) but you cannot receive calls. With my fiance and I, I send him messages via smart phone (since he keeps a smart sim) and he replies via PC using a chikka account which provides 20 free sms/day to Smart and 30 free sms to Globe..
Maybe it depends where you are in the Philippines but it was only 15pesos per text from my wife's phone and she used Smart

baboyako
3rd July 2006, 22:43
receiving sms is not free. I dont think you can make voice calls when roaming, when you txt 'roam on' it disables voice calls (even when you're in the fil).

you deactive it by texting 'roam off' (yea einstein..) to 333 - i guess its comedy night today..

scotsfiancee
12th July 2006, 11:29
GLOBE

if your fiancee is a globe subscriber and she wants to activate her roaming services before she go to UK..before you depart you you should have a balance of 1,000pesos coz the daily balance is 500pesos so your can get text from your families here in the philippines..Incoming calls cost you 60 pesos per minute and outgoing calls are 80pesos per minute.. you text all capital letters with spaces, and then the complete date and the maximum days aloowed are only 180(6months)

GROAM ON 07/12/2006 180 send to 2884

Once you going back to the philippines you have to deactivate your roaming service by texting GROAM OFF send to 2884

There are still promo if your going to call in UK from phils only $0.20 per minute its like 10.50 pesos as the normal rate is 24 pesos(take note for GLOBE subscribers only) just dial 12800+the mobile number (ex. 12800+447723232365) even calling in the US its same methods...

baboyako
12th July 2006, 21:31
my phone is obviously special :Hellooo:

KeithD
12th July 2006, 21:37
My phone costs me nothing.......I've wired it to next doors :icon_lol:

Jonathan
13th July 2006, 19:01
So what is the out come!! What is the cheapest way to call the philippines?

KeithD
13th July 2006, 20:39
Do a SEARCH for 'PHONE' :Rasp:

scotsfiancee
31st July 2006, 11:31
So what is the out come!! What is the cheapest way to call the philippines?

try to read this site PINOYCALLS (http://www.e-pinoypinay.com/main.cfm?CFID=200619&CFTOKEN=35930063)

JustSomeGuy
8th August 2006, 22:30
At the moment I have a smart sim in an old phone if Marilou wants to text me she just txts that number (to turn txt roaming on "ROAM ON" to 211 note: gprs, customer service calls etc doesn't work from the moment you turn on roaming)

This time round i'll take out a prepay t-mobile sim for me to txt her on.
So she txts a PH number 1PHP(or free) and I txt a UK number also free!

Can also use chikka which lets her txt your email etc, but i didn't like the client, and haven't got round to installing it on a virtual machine yet.

Just need to remember not just to reply to messages :-)

Dave,

scotsfiancee
9th August 2006, 00:04
Yes your right....thats actually what were doing since before untill now. text in Uk are cheaper than here:angry: :cwm3:

tetla
9th August 2006, 13:24
hey..

my friends from cebu rang me last weekend using globecard1 and told me that it only cost them 100 pesos to buy that card with 40mins talking time to the UK..which is pretty pretty cheap...just your gf to go to globe and ask about it...in that case you can just ask her to ring you but of course you have to send her the money..just don't spoil her that much...otherwise you will :Brick: :Rasp:

scotsfiancee
9th August 2006, 15:00
my friends from cebu rang me last weekend using globecard1 and told me that it only cost them 100 pesos to buy that card with 40mins talking time to the UK

Hello Tetla its been so nice to hear you. I called the Globe earlier about this globecard1. They already end that promo last month.... Now if were going to use they will charge in regular rate $0.40 per minute. They still have the promo if your going to call HK,Taiwan,China,Cansa,USA i forgot some other asian countries:Erm: only Php 4.50 per minute... but right now you can still avail this $0.20 per minute to call in UK. they said its end already but i still dial 12800+uk number and they charge me 10.50 per minute...hehehe i save anyway!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
17th August 2006, 08:06
This is just an update..... im not advertising here!:D

I just want to let you know guys.to those who are Globe subscribers and wants to call there husband's, fiance, family and friends in uk and some other places...try their latest promo

IDD KADA SEGUNDO

US$0.0033 IDD KADA SEGUNDO to the ff:

Australia,Canada,China,HK,Kuwait,Malaysia,Singapore (except Singtel Mobile),South Korea,Taiwan, Thailand,UK, & US
Dial 12800(country code)(area code)(phone no.)

US$0.0067/second IDD KADA SEGUNDO(per second) for other countries
Dial (+)(country code)(area code)(phone no.)

Available for Globe Postpaid, Prepaid, and Touch Mobile subscribers

Promo until Aug. 5 - Sept. 3, 2006

:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: