PDA

View Full Version : People who don't post!!

Admin
24th August 2004, 15:33
Well it's not really a full blown rant, but it would be nice if some of the readers just posted the odd HELLO ;D

ginapeterb
25th August 2004, 00:20
Ok Mabuhay pilipinas, tuloy po kayo....please come in and stop by our site here in the UK and leave a name....as Forum Admin says...please drop in and say Mabuhay !!!! we would welcome your input....

Joey
6th July 2005, 14:00
Hello! How's that? All I have to do now is find the post button! ...

Admin
6th July 2005, 14:20
Post.....goes in the big red round thing at the corner of the street :P

C&JEdinburgh
4th August 2005, 20:12
:D Hi there folks new here to this forum just like to hi whats up :D

walesrob
4th August 2005, 21:23
Originally posted by C&JEdinburgh@Aug 4 2005, 08:12 PM

Quoted post

Welcome to the forum!

peterdavid
5th August 2005, 11:07
Originally posted by C&JEdinburgh@Aug 4 2005, 07:12 PM

Quoted post

Hi there, come on in, make yourself at home.

We're a nosey bunch here, so feel free to tell us about yourself, your wife, and whether she looks good in a mini skirt. :)

Admin
5th August 2005, 11:11
Originally posted by peterdavid@Aug 5 2005, 10:07 AM
Hi there, come on in, make yourself at home.

We're a nosey bunch here, so feel free to tell us about yourself, your wife, and whether she looks good in a mini skirt. :)

Quoted post

I wear a skirt :blink: :blink: :blink:

gm47
5th August 2005, 12:34
Hi guys, I'm in cebu at the moment. 2nd time I've been here this year , not really a lot to do after you visit the usual places. Going to Layte this Sunday, any advice from anyone that has been there before, i.e places worth visiting.
Also any suggestions about where to go after layte, I would like to see a few places before heading back to manila,

Gerry

walesrob
5th August 2005, 13:03
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 5 2005, 12:34 PM
Hi guys, I'm in cebu at the moment. 2nd time I've been here this year , not really a lot to do after you visit the usual places. Going to Layte this Sunday, any advice from anyone that has been there before, i.e places worth visiting.
Also any suggestions about where to go after layte, I would like to see a few places before heading back to manila,

Gerry

Quoted post

If your heading to Tacloban area, look out for Santo Nino Shrine, a rather enormous palace built for Imelda but never slept in. You'll find a massive collections of antiques as well as personal gifts from all over the world. If World War 2 is of interest, check out an exhibition of photographs of the Leyte landings at Alejandros Hotel. Theres also the Landing Memorial at Red Beach (get jeepney to Pawing Palo then tricycle down to beach).
Take a look at our website Click Here (http://www.robluff.co.uk) as we have many pictures of Tacloban and surronding area.
I dunno if you have a hotel arranged but avoid the ones sited on the main street - its so noisy there - if you can afford it, go for Alejandro's in a quiet part of town.
Have fun!

gm47
5th August 2005, 14:59
Thanks for that Walesrob, I'm looking at staying in the Layte Park, is it ok and is it near things ?

Liked your site and I had planned on visiting the MacArthur landing site as per your photo.

Bad news that you can't fly from cebu to tacloban, I could take a boat to Ormoc and then a 2 hour drive to tacloban but have decided to fly to Manila and then fly back to tacloban, it's just as cheap but more comfortable.!!

thanks
gerry

walesrob
5th August 2005, 21:25
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 5 2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for that Walesrob, I'm looking at staying in the Layte Park, is it ok and is it near things ?

Liked your site and I had planned on visiting the MacArthur landing site as per your photo.

Bad news that you can't fly from cebu to tacloban, I could take a boat to Ormoc and then a 2 hour drive to tacloban but have decided to fly to Manila and then fly back to tacloban, it's just as cheap but more comfortable.!!
thanks
gerry

Quoted post

Leyte Park is actually a resort with its own beach, grounds and cafes/bars, etc. It is luxury - on par with what we would regard as 4 star quality but incredible cheap prices!! It's a short tricycle ride from the town centre itself, but its lovely and quiet there.

Flying to Tacloban via Manila, wow!! I could tell you a story - Elsa and I flew Manila to Tacloban, but we had to divert to Cebu due to bad weather, and we had the option of either disembarking at Cebu or returning to Manila - we chose Cebu (with the plan to get Hydrofoil Cebu - Ormoc then bus to Tacloban), and it took us 28 hours to get to Tacloban thanks to a combination of bad weather and a very slow ferry. To this day, I refuse to fly Cebu Pacific ever again - somehow PAL seem a safer bet.
I've got a picture somewhere of a Cebu Pacific DC9 leaking water all over the tarmac at Tacloban airport :o :blink: :o

Enjoy your trip - also look out for Sohoton Natural Bridge Park - full of caves, cascades, waterfalls, monkeys & all kinds of wildlife, its really a beautiful little place. You need to get a jeepney to Basey and call into CENRO - they will organise everything for you.

gm47
6th August 2005, 02:21
Thanks for that info, bad news about your your trip to tacloban. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll be there from Sunday, Have you been to any of the islands between Leyte and manila, I was thinking of travelling back to manila in a roundabout way via other places overground/boat.

walesrob
6th August 2005, 09:20
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 6 2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks for that info, bad news about your your trip to tacloban. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll be there from Sunday, Have you been to any of the islands between Leyte and manila, I was thinking of travelling back to manila in a roundabout way via other places overground/boat.

Quoted post

I haven't really seen much of the other islands between Leyte and Manila - maybe someone else on the forum has? Pete?

Have fun!

ginapeterb
7th August 2005, 01:47
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 6 2005, 08:20 AM
I haven't really seen much of the other islands between Leyte and Manila - maybe someone else on the forum has? Pete?

Have fun!

Quoted post

Ok.where do you fancy...

you have

1. Bohol
2. Cebu
3. Negros
4. Panay
5. Boracay
6. Guimaras
7. Malapascua
8. Romblon
9. Masbate
10. Marinduque
11. Mindoro
12. Palawan
13. Lubang
14. Sibuyan

List is endless

Try Mindoro...or Palawan

El Nido beach at Palawan is superb, as is Puerto Gallera, you can get to this from Manila, get the bus from Manila to Batangas, then catch a ferry over to PG...the bus goes from Lawton bus terminal in Central Manila...its ok, ive been on it...you are ok

Admin
7th August 2005, 09:09
Davao - Take a flak jacket & helmet. Stay low. Only travel with armed guards :)

gm47
9th August 2005, 07:04
Originally posted by admin@Aug 7 2005, 08:09 AM
Davao - Take a flak jacket & helmet. Stay low. Only travel with armed guards :)

Quoted post

Thanks for that keith :lol: I think I'll just give daveo a bodyswerve !!!

Pete thanks for that... so many choices !!! I've just came from cebu so that reduces it by one !! What about Samar ?

I couldn't get into the Layte park on the first day so booked into the MacArthur park :angry: the noise from the generators was unbelievable, left the next day and managed this time to get into the Layte park, I'm in their pool villa, my own private swimming pool whick looks over the water to the mountains, a view to die for, absolute paradise, I'll probably stay here longer than I normally would. The manager (american) got 2 of his female staff to take me out last evening and show me around... very nice. I could easily stay here for the 11 days that I have left but should really see more places.

I'll try and upload a photo later to let you see the what I mean.

After here, anywhere else is going to be a letdown. :unsure:

Gerry

gm47
11th August 2005, 03:02
No luck with uploading the pic, anyway I'm staying here in Tacloban for another 5 days as it is so good. Met a group of filipinos last night, ended up at their home for a family birthday, so many people and all really very friendly.

The only hassle is that there are no taxis in tacloban and those tricycle rides are a bit bumpy :o

Gerry

walesrob
11th August 2005, 09:43
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 11 2005, 03:02 AM
No luck with uploading the pic, anyway I'm staying here in Tacloban for another 5 days as it is so good. Met a group of filipinos last night, ended up at their home for a family birthday, so many people and all really very friendly.

The only hassle is that there are no taxis in tacloban and those tricycle rides are a bit bumpy :o
Gerry

Quoted post

Yeah thats the odd thing about Tacloban - no proper "Car" taxis, only tricycles....why is that?!! There's no problem with transport to or from the airport - usually a hotel can book a van or they may even have their own - as in Alejandro's.

So Gerry where have you been to so far in or around Tacloban?

gm47
13th August 2005, 13:41
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 11 2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah thats the odd thing about Tacloban - no proper "Car" taxis, only tricycles....why is that?!! There's no problem with transport to or from the airport - usually a hotel can book a van or they may even have their own - as in Alejandro's.

So Gerry where have you been to so far in or around Tacloban?

Quoted post

not many places really, went to the bridge ( largest in Leyte or the phils I think) also been to the macarthur landing but thats about it, I'm just having such a good time in the layte park and tacloban city, met lots of people and have been invited to homes for meals etc, just been on a boat ride with all the hotel staff, it's the hotel managers birthday and he took them on the boat for a meal and karaoke, really good day out. I really like it here, will probably stay here for most of the week that I have left. And of course there are some very beautiful and friendly ladies too which helps !!

Admin
14th August 2005, 08:50
And of course there are some very beautiful and friendly ladies too which helps !!That is a very good point, however I can't stand and stare to long as the wife's grip on the testicles gets tighter :o

walesrob
14th August 2005, 14:30
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 13 2005, 01:41 PM
not many places really, went to the bridge ( largest in Leyte or the phils I think)

Quoted post

That'll be the San Juanico bridge. Before we married, myself and Elsa's family had a picnic UNDER the bridge :( Its a popular spot with locals apparently....to me it was the same as taking lunch under the Severn Bridge in Bristol Channel...lots of mud, flies and funny smells..

You'll notice as well that Tacloban is Imelda Marcos heartland, so people will tell you how great she is/was and she's done no wrong and how she's done a lot for the Philippines....I heard this so much everytime I go there, and I wonder if they are talking about the same Imelda Marcos that plundered the country for millions...a bit like saying Maggie Thatch was a saint :o ...Politics is a funny thing

gm47
18th August 2005, 14:31
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 14 2005, 01:30 PM

You'll notice as well that Tacloban is Imelda Marcos heartland, so people will tell you how great she is/was and she's done no wrong and how she's done a lot for the Philippines....I heard this so much everytime I go there, and I wonder if they are talking about the same Imelda Marcos that plundered the country for millions...a bit like saying Maggie Thatch was a saint :o ...Politics is a funny thing

Quoted post

yes that's about right, there's even a placque at the layte as she was there to celebrate the opening. Had to leave tacloban today to return to manila which was disappointing but this is my last 2 days in the phils :( would you believe it a girl that I was seeing in tacloban has followed me to Manila !!! She asked if I would bring her with me, I couldn't and didn't want to, then last night she texts to say that she has a ticket to manila and yes she is here !!!!
Whats that all about ! :o :o

gerry

walesrob
18th August 2005, 15:57
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 18 2005, 02:31 PM
yes that's about right, there's even a placque at the layte as she was there to celebrate the opening. Had to leave tacloban today to return to manila which was disappointing but this is my last 2 days in the phils :( would you believe it a girl that I was seeing in tacloban has followed me to Manila !!! She asked if I would bring her with me, I couldn't and didn't want to, then last night she texts to say that she has a ticket to manila and yes she is here !!!!
Whats that all about ! :o :o

gerry

Quoted post

It means she wants you :lol: Glad you enjoyed your time in Tacloban, me and Elsa will be there sometime in October or November :)

Admin
19th August 2005, 08:28
She's probably already got the wedding arranged :P :lol:

gm47
19th August 2005, 12:11
Originally posted by admin@Aug 19 2005, 07:28 AM
She's probably already got the wedding arranged :P :lol:

Quoted post

thanks for that, that's made me feel a lot better !!! :unsure:

Rob if you don't mind spending a bit, I can definetly reccomend staying in the layte park but you really should try and get pool villa 2, it's the best room/villa in tacloban. I hope you have a great time when you get there, I'm sure you already know, but if not, the best restaurents are Guiseppes for italian food and 4/5 doors away is Stephanies which is great for filipino food, both are opposite the Divine hospital. The only downside is that there is no internet in the rooms which meant that I couldn't get access to betfair in the evenings which would've paid for my trip but it meant that I had more time to relax and enjoy myself. I may go back to Tacloban at Xmas as it was that good for me.

One more question, I was there and met a young english guy that was meeting a girl that he had been writing to, I just met somewhere there, both girls had chaperones which is ok by me and him but later on we were chatting and both had the same thing happen to us, when alone both girls insisted on not using condoms !!! Both didn't seem to mind about getting pregnant even though I was very clear that I didn't want marriage or kids yet, crazy !! Or do you think that they thought we would change our minds if it actually did happen. Ever experienced that ??

peterdavid
19th August 2005, 15:12
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 19 2005, 11:11 AM

when alone both girls insisted on not using condoms !!! Both didn't seem to mind about getting pregnant even though I was very clear that I didn't want marriage or kids yet, crazy !! Or do you think that they thought we would change our minds if it actually did happen. Ever experienced that ??

Quoted post

Obviously not worried about STDs either.....

A light skinned baby is a real status symbol in the Philippines. Even better if you stick around to marry her after being 'reeled in' by the oldest trick in the book.

walesrob
19th August 2005, 17:31
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 19 2005, 12:11 PM
thanks for that, that's made me feel a lot better !!! :unsure:

Rob if you don't mind spending a bit, I can definetly reccomend staying in the layte park but you really should try and get pool villa 2, it's the best room/villa in tacloban. I hope you have a great time when you get there, I'm sure you already know, but if not, the best restaurents are Guiseppes for italian food and 4/5 doors away is Stephanies which is great for filipino food, both are opposite the Divine hospital. The only downside is that there is no internet in the rooms which meant that I couldn't get access to betfair in the evenings which would've paid for my trip but it meant that I had more time to relax and enjoy myself. I may go back to Tacloban at Xmas as it was that good for me.

One more question, I was there and met a young english guy that was meeting a girl that he had been writing to, I just met somewhere there, both girls had chaperones which is ok by me and him but later on we were chatting and both had the same thing happen to us, when alone both girls insisted on not using condoms !!! Both didn't seem to mind about getting pregnant even though I was very clear that I didn't want marriage or kids yet, crazy !! Or do you think that they thought we would change our minds if it actually did happen. Ever experienced that ??

Quoted post

Gerry, just out of interest how much did it cost to stay at Leyte Park? I think Elsa and I may just stay there...last time we went they were booked out, so I'm gonna start looking ready for later this year.

I dunno about the girl, but I think she's fallen for you big time. Condoms are a taboo subject in Philippines...maybe its the Catholic guilt thing?

Anyway have a safe trip home to sunny and warm UK :lol: Its always depressing coming home I know....

gm47
20th August 2005, 02:24
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 19 2005, 04:31 PM
Gerry, just out of interest how much did it cost to stay at Leyte Park? I think Elsa and I may just stay there...last time we went they were booked out, so I'm gonna start looking ready for later this year.

I dunno about the girl, but I think she's fallen for you big time. Condoms are a taboo subject in Philippines...maybe its the Catholic guilt thing?

Anyway have a safe trip home to sunny and warm UK :lol: Its always depressing coming home I know....

Quoted post

rob, the layte park starts from 2,200p + taxes. the pool villas are 10,000 but you can get it for 7,500+ taxes if you ask for discount, if you can go to that make sure you get pool villa 2 as that is the best one. I spent 12 great days there and will be back. I don't think they advertise them on their site so you may have to ask.
I catch my flight tonight and I hope it is sunny at home for my arrival on Sunday morning. :( :(

Admin
20th August 2005, 08:47
Simple solution if they don't believe in condoms......cling film & an elastic band :huh:

I wouldn't go humping strange women out there. A few minutes of fun could be giving you a death sentence.

I was lucky with my missus being in Singapore, as they get a health check for Aids, STD's, etc every 6 months, and she was a virgin anyway :D

gm47
20th August 2005, 13:22
Originally posted by admin@Aug 20 2005, 07:47 AM
Simple solution if they don't believe in condoms......cling film & an elastic band :huh: last time I tried that she put it in the microwave :(

I wouldn't go humping strange women out there. A few minutes of fun could be giving you a death sentence. The phrase, horse and bolted comes to mind !!! :mellow:

I was lucky with my missus being in Singapore, as they get a health check for Aids, STD's, etc every 6 months, and she was a virgin anyway :D

Quoted post

you were lucky.

have any of you guys tried the econmy lounge at the NAIA, it's very good and only costs 400p for entry, free wifi internet, free sarnies cakes and coffee, comfy chairs and beds in case you fancy a sleep. reccommended , I'm in there now online with my feet up !!!
21 more hours and I'll be in my home :( :(

walesrob
20th August 2005, 13:51
Originally posted by gm47@Aug 20 2005, 01:22 PM
you were lucky.

have any of you guys tried the econmy lounge at the NAIA, it's very good and only costs 400p for entry, free wifi internet, free sarnies cakes and coffee, comfy chairs and beds in case you fancy a sleep. reccommended , I'm in there now online with my feet up !!!
21 more hours and I'll be in my home :( :(

Quoted post

Economy lounge? Does that mean its got carpets and windows? :lol: Some how NAIA and the comfy don't seem to go hand in hand :o

ginapeterb
20th August 2005, 21:40
Originally posted by walesrob@Aug 20 2005, 12:51 PM
Economy lounge? Does that mean its got carpets and windows? :lol: Some how NAIA and the comfy don't seem to go hand in hand :o

Quoted post

Thats a new one to me...you cant even sit down in there, where is this lounge then, ??? the only one I know is Club Manila on the 2nd floor, for Gulf Air Business and First...I havent seen any others, if its 400p its worth going in, you have to direct us then.

As for girls who dont want to take protection, geeeeeze where did that happen, oh well in for a penny in for a pound, if you dip your wick, you will be out of their anyway on a big bird home, its not your prob...but not wearing the old..rubber glove..is risky..with local indigenous females...you have been warned.

Admin
21st August 2005, 08:42
Hi Pete, how goes life? :rolleyes:

Admin
21st August 2005, 08:44
Hi Pete, how goes life? :rolleyes:

peterdavid
21st August 2005, 10:18
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Aug 20 2005, 08:40 PM
Thats a new one to me...you cant even sit down in there, where is this lounge then, ??? the only one I know is Club Manila on the 2nd floor, for Gulf Air Business and First...I havent seen any others, if its 400p its worth going in, you have to direct us then.

Quoted post

We were offered the "opportunity" of using this new lounge (ie a sales girl approached us and said did we want to use it for P400 each), but considering it still offered less than the basic facilities you would expect in a normal airport anyway, plus the Philippines definition of "comfort" is normally a far cry from the rest of the world's, we turned it down.

Actually, I was willing, but the wife wasn't - she can spot a waste of money a mile off, and reminded me that the "free food" was likely to be the normal inedible rubbish that we wouldn't normally give to a rabid dog.

You have to give them (NAIA) some token marks for trying, but please - when you've already had to pay P550 each just to USE the airport (not forgetting the escape tax filipinos have to pay just to get out), it's a bit rich asking for another P400 just for a non plastic seat. Customer feedback to NAIA - "take a look at Singapore and see how it should properly be done, then come back and try again".

gm47
21st August 2005, 11:30
I think its on the 4th floor, departures being on the 3rd, anyway it's one floor above departures. All I can say is that I found it to be really worthwhile, away from the throngs of people in departures it was an oasis that I needed. May not be like the ba lounge or other business class lounges that I've been in but I felt really comfortable and will definetly go in there each time I leave Manila. I had a sleep there and they came to tell me when my flight was boarding, walked out straight onto the plane, may not be as pretty but better service than some business class lounges that I've been in.

Pauldo
4th September 2005, 16:29
Originally posted by admin@Aug 24 2004, 03:33 PM
Well it's not really a full blown rant, but it would be nice if some of the readers just posted the odd HELLO ;D

Quoted post

Er, Hello. I only joined five minutes but I made the effort already :D :rolleyes:
Cheers, Paul

Admin
4th September 2005, 19:57
WalesRob will be over shortly to give you your medical.....have a cold spoon ready :blink:

walesrob
4th September 2005, 20:32
Originally posted by admin@Sep 4 2005, 07:57 PM
WalesRob will be over shortly to give you your medical.....have a cold spoon ready :blink:

Quoted post

:lol:

kentish
4th September 2005, 22:05
Hello again to people here, only to people who post hee hehehehehe...

Irelandken
17th September 2005, 23:13
ok ok..so i dont post a lot, but just reading here and on the asawa site sure gives me a lot to think about. Just reading about everyones experiences gives me hope that everythings gonna work out. I hope you folk realise how good it is just to know your not the only one in this boat, (well i guess you do as you've all been here at some point). Thanks for that.