PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Engineers here in UK??

Romy Boy
15th June 2008, 20:54
Mga kabayan,

Dito ako sa Surrey working as an Engineer...May mga kapwa Engineers ba dito sa forum?

salamat...

KeithD
15th June 2008, 21:01
English!!!

Romy Boy
15th June 2008, 21:02
akala ko ba PINOY forum ito, bakit English????

KeithD
15th June 2008, 21:04
.co.uk FILIPINO UK

You're not going to last long here at this rate!!

ervenescence
15th June 2008, 21:18
pless spek da englis!

tenkyu! :)

Romy Boy
15th June 2008, 21:27
wen, manong!

ervenescence
15th June 2008, 21:30
oi just be careful, you're a newbie here.
So you must follow the rules as told.

andypaul
15th June 2008, 21:37
Do you speak Tagalog at work or in the local shop in pompey?

I thought us Engineers were good at following the rules?

Sconnie
16th June 2008, 07:38
Romy Boy,

Why are you speaking illocano ? I am an Engineer.

Welcome to the forum Speak English please. bigat.

aromulus
16th June 2008, 07:42
wen, manong!

Selective hearing......???:Erm:

Sconnie
16th June 2008, 08:08
Yes Brother :-)

kimmi
16th June 2008, 11:21
Mga kabayan,

Dito ako sa Surrey working as an Engineer...May mga kapwa Engineers ba dito sa forum?

salamat...

please speak in english kabayan, with due respect to most of our british friends here..:xxgrinning--00xx3::doh

dondi
20th June 2008, 00:08
Mga kabayan,

salamat...

Why only engineers? Very picky fellow...

KeithD
20th June 2008, 09:19
Didn't stay long......:Erm:

tomadore
23rd June 2008, 12:57
Why only engineers? Very picky fellow...

coz i think he can easily relate to engineers... vice versa... whatever!

too bad he was not able to stay long... i could have talked to him...

and too bad, many people here thinks they're GOD!

be thankful ur in britain...

walesrob
23rd June 2008, 13:35

:cwm23:
Excuse me?! This forum is hosted in the UK, its run for the benefit of mainly UK based members and if you don't like it, hasta la vista.

No need for that snide comment.

tomadore
23rd June 2008, 15:40
:cwm23:
Excuse me?! This forum is hosted in the UK, its run for the benefit of mainly UK based members and if you don't like it, hasta la vista.

No need for that snide comment.

guilty as charged!

walesrob
23rd June 2008, 16:16
So lets see, you've only done 11 posts, and your already having a go at the mods and everyone else in this thread....I can see you will win loads of friends if you carry on like that.

KeithD
23rd June 2008, 16:19
guilty as charged!
We know YOU are, and I think the majority on here will agree with me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
23rd June 2008, 19:49

I havent think that way yet, :omg::omg::omg::NoNo::NoNo::doh:Brick::furious3::bigcry::CompBuster:

So lets see, you've only done 11 posts, and your already having a go at the mods and everyone else in this thread....I can see you will win loads of friends if you carry on like that.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

We know YOU are, and I think the majority on here will agree with me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

not only the majority Boss am sure all of us..:doh::D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ping
23rd June 2008, 20:29
Tomadore or meaning a drunkard person, for your information this forumis owned by a british person(pure englishman man ) and was created to help mainly british man who got a relationship to an asian lady especially filipino. It is sharing their experiences on how to obtain different kinds of visa in coming to UK.
Aside from that some give advises and some also discussed different topics and a friendly banter.
If you're an engineer how on earth you don't understand that or how on earth you don't know how to speak the langauage.Oh you just presumed its a filipino because of the name.Well you're wrong my dear, so shut up and go away if you don't obey the rules.
For your information the admin and me the missis own this forum free .

keithAngel
23rd June 2008, 21:04
Ce la Vie

aromulus
24th June 2008, 08:03
Didn't stay long......:Erm:

I guess he didn't like us after all.........:NoNo:

Maybe we need to get some new deodorant....:Erm:

KeithD
24th June 2008, 08:57
I guess he didn't like us after all.........:NoNo:

Maybe we need to get some new deodorant....:Erm:
Maybe that pic of you & the wife in bed you put in the gallery made him :Bolt:

(That'll be Dom's wife just in case anyone is wondering :rolleyes:)

aromulus
24th June 2008, 09:10
Maybe that pic of you & the wife in bed you put in the gallery made him :Bolt:

(That'll be Dom's wife just in case anyone is wondering :rolleyes:)

What the heck has she been posting...???:Erm:

kimmi
24th June 2008, 12:05
What the heck has she been posting...???:Erm:

:omg::omg::omg::Erm::NoNo::doh

dondi
26th June 2008, 01:55
coz i think he can easily relate to engineers... vice versa... whatever! ...

do you mean he's so self-consumed that he can't relate to non-engineers? It's like being invited to a party (the forum in this case) and saying to everyone "Sorry, I only talk to people in my level". That's quite rude, i think..

too bad he was not able to stay long... i could have talked to him......

yeah, you could have found a life-long friend.. same kind?

and too bad, many people here thinks they're GOD! ......

too bad, you missed the plot!!

i guess you've never been outside the UK to experience what it's like living in other places.. believe me, they offer more .. i love my partner so much that i'm willing to leave my roots.. and if coming here means taking on comments like yours, then i'd rather be home where people are more respectful and not as arrogrant as you are..

grrrr :cwm23:

tomadore
26th June 2008, 18:06
do you mean he's so self-consumed that he can't relate to non-engineers? It's like being invited to a party (the forum in this case) and saying to everyone "Sorry, I only talk to people in my level". That's quite rude, i think..

yeah, you could have found a life-long friend.. same kind?

too bad, you missed the plot!!

i guess you've never been outside the UK to experience what it's like living in other places.. believe me, they offer more .. i love my partner so much that i'm willing to leave my roots.. and if coming here means taking on comments like yours, then i'd rather be home where people are more respectful and not as arrogrant as you are..

grrrr :cwm23:

relax grandpa! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

walesrob
26th June 2008, 18:19

Why don't YOU relax, YOU are the one winding everyone up with your flippant remarks.

The cheek of some people. :NoNo:

kimmi
27th June 2008, 19:47

:doh:doh:Brick::furious3::angry:

Why don't YOU relax, YOU are the one winding everyone up with your flippant remarks.

The cheek of some people. :NoNo:

Second the motion, Mod Rob..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ringo
16th November 2008, 09:38
Ooops...I'll try harder to speak in English. By the way, HI MODS :)

Hello fellow engineers here in UK. I really want to work in UK. But I really don't know where to start. I am currently employed in one of the top Semiconductor firm based here in Singapore as R&D Engineer. Surprisingly, when I came across some jobs online websites, it is stated that Semiconductor jobs especially the Assembly (or should I say manufacturing line) is not really indemand in UK. Most Semiconductor companies though who are based in UK are either just a Sales offices or just mainly group of technical Support. Am I correct to say that?

But I am still hopeful to land a good job in line with my field which is purely Semiconductor Manufacturing. I don't mind even if job locations are outside London.

Any Engineers working in a Semiconductor firm?

To all fellow Filipino Engineers in UK. I'd love to hear your stories. How did you start applying? How's your life changed after?

Thanks and more power to ALL!

joebloggs
16th November 2008, 11:03
:Hellooo:

if your highly skilled you can try

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/

where you do not need to have a job offer to come to the uk.

kione
24th February 2009, 12:38
hi! my husband is a chemical engineer :D hes not filipino tho. he works in babcock marine devonport , plymouth

kione
24th February 2009, 12:41
Ooops...I'll try harder to speak in English. By the way, HI MODS :)

Hello fellow engineers here in UK. I really want to work in UK. But I really don't know where to start. I am currently employed in one of the top Semiconductor firm based here in Singapore as R&D Engineer. Surprisingly, when I came across some jobs online websites, it is stated that Semiconductor jobs especially the Assembly (or should I say manufacturing line) is not really indemand in UK. Most Semiconductor companies though who are based in UK are either just a Sales offices or just mainly group of technical Support. Am I correct to say that?

But I am still hopeful to land a good job in line with my field which is purely Semiconductor Manufacturing. I don't mind even if job locations are outside London.

Any Engineers working in a Semiconductor firm?

To all fellow Filipino Engineers in UK. I'd love to hear your stories. How did you start applying? How's your life changed after?

Thanks and more power to ALL!

my hubby mentioned to me alot of companies here in the UK only want to accept UK citizens (engineers) to work for them..
you can keep looking i guess. :cwm3: