PDA

View Full Version : While On Fiance Visa

rands
25th June 2006, 11:40
Hello Guys!!!

Hey up? We are now together here in the beautiful county of Somerset. I just have a question if it is necessary for my fiance to register to the Police and Doctor? I learned from the Home Office website that in applying for FLR, Police Registration Certificate may be required. Can anyone shed light on this?

We are looking towards the middle of August for our wedding. It is such a great feeling to be waking up with the wife beside you....:) :cwm38:

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Rands

ivor&mel
25th June 2006, 12:06
Hello Guys!!!

Hey up? We are now together here in the beautiful county of Somerset. I just have a question if it is necessary for my fiance to register to the Police and Doctor? I learned from the Home Office website that in applying for FLR, Police Registration Certificate may be required. Can anyone shed light on this?

Hi Rands,

"Hey up?"! Doesn't sound like a Somerset greeting to me! :rolleyes:

There's no need to register with the police if she is here on a fiancee visa. At least, I hope that's the case 'cos we haven't done it! (waits for knock on door...). But it's a good idea to get her registered with a GP; we did that as one of the first things after Mel arrived here.

Mel and I are in a similar situation to yours. She arrived here 31st March on a fiancee visa, we got married 10th June, and are now starting on the FLR thing. But pre-FLR, we'll be getting her passport changed to show her married name.

We are looking towards the middle of August for our wedding. It is such a great feeling to be waking up with the wife beside you....:) :cwm38:

So you're not married yet... then who is this "wife" that you're waking up beside? :Erm: :rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Anyway, good luck to you both and keep us posted on the progress :)

Ivor and Mel

rands
25th June 2006, 16:23
Hi Ivor and Mel,

Hi ya?! Thanks for your advice. I should have used fiance instead of wife as technically we're not yet married...Mich arrived here on 8th June. We will start registering her with the GP this week.

Once again, thanks so much!

Rands