PDA

View Full Version : UK via Phili

tatsahdasaygo
25th June 2006, 10:20
Half-way through my query and it all vanished into cyber-space, back to square-one.

Morning all,
My fiancée holds Canadian passport but is Filipina by birth, we are about to apply for visa through Ottawa. Does anyone know if, assuming we get the visa, it would be possible to visit Phili after getting visa but before coming to UK. In other words could my fiancée (clutching visa) go from Canada to Phili where I would meet her then we would both travel back to UK. Would the powers-that-be let us in. Bearing in mind that last Christmas when she was staying in UK with me we went to Spain and she encountered a 'kindly' official :butthead: at passport control that was reluctant to let her back in to the UK!!
Regards to all,
Paul
p.s. the worry has started to build up for this afternoon – come on England!

baboyako
25th June 2006, 11:04
it sounds like she is coming into the uk as a 'visitor' but is living with you (& you are on work permit?) in the uk. This is probably the reason why you had problems with coming back from spain.

Assuming that you get the 'correct' visa for her (I've no idea what that is), then it doesn't matter how you enter the uk.

Immigration don't like people using a tourist visa system as a means to live permanently in the UK, so make sure you get the correct visa for her.

KeithD
25th June 2006, 19:07
TIP: When typing out on a forum, do it in Wordpad, then cut'n'paste, especially if it's a few lines long.