PDA

View Full Version : nursing homes

pinay_rn
11th June 2008, 06:33
i am a Filipino nurse here in london with a student visa under NVQ program. can u just ask if i could extend my stay here in UK after 2yrs to take up ONP program? How can i do that? Or if not, are there anyone here who knows a nursing home that could possibly sponsor me for a working visa? I badly need some help. tahnks!

pennybarry
11th June 2008, 09:20
R u working or fulltime student? U can work while you study and you can find employer that may sponsor you after your 2 yrs. And once you found sponsor, you can study OCN. There are members here that may add more info.

pinay_rn
11th June 2008, 16:11
thanks.i am a NVQ student. i am studying (training) with pay as a cregver in a nursing home. is it possible to find an employer to sponsor my wrking permit coz aftr my studies here w/c is 2yrs,i need to go back to the phils. and i have a doubt if tere are any employers that are willing to give me wrking permit since they are the one who will process it right? thanks again. and btw, wats OCN?

joebloggs
11th June 2008, 16:41
the nursing home would have to apply to the gov for a workpermit for you, it depends on the gov wether you get it or not..

pinay_rn
11th June 2008, 18:01
what is the basis of the gov for that matter? and by the way can i extend my student visa to study for ONP? and if i would study ONP what are the wualifications needed and am i allowed to work even im on the ONP?
thanks a lot!