PDA

View Full Version : Happy Chat

KeithD
21st June 2006, 16:49
So who likes the new forum? More user friendly than the other once you get used to it, and best of all....it's made in the UK.....ON TIME.....NO OVERSPEND :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I've set it so you can upload avatars, but your old one should be on file anyway.....as far as I know anyway!! :Rasp:

ivor&mel
21st June 2006, 17:20
Looks good so far, apart from the business of tags not being compatible :)
And I like the green online indicator that shows while you're reading a thread.

Is the create-a-poll thing new with this BB? I don't remember seeing it on the old Forum, but I never really looked :)

The search facility is much better than the old one.

And I now know what extensions are valid for posting as attachments :D

KeithD
21st June 2006, 17:39
The other did have a poll, but never used it myself. The function on VB gets overused on my racing forum :icon_lol:

ervenescence
22nd June 2006, 10:45
And I like the green online indicator that shows while you're reading a thread.

How to get invisible? :peepwall:

KeithD
22nd June 2006, 12:31
Cast a spell :)

ivor&mel
22nd June 2006, 12:37
How to get invisible? :peepwall:
Details are here (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/26/cloaking_metamaterials/)

russ01539
27th June 2006, 15:16
So who likes the new forum? More user friendly than the other once you get used to it, and best of all....it's made in the UK.....ON TIME.....NO OVERSPEND :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

I've set it so you can upload avatars, but your old one should be on file anyway.....as far as I know anyway!! :Rasp:

Well I have been avidly reading your site every day for the past 2 years, without so much as a post. I have been to hell and back (Better know as British Embassy in Manilla) during that time, and every time I am just about to give up some really useful info appears that disarms by anger at the Home Office and Immigration Service, and gives me new hope.
Your site has improved in so much that none pc nerds can navigate it much easier, and as a result I now feel compelled to post. I should send you all 'The story' about our (My soon to be wife & I) experiences so far to date, it might just be enough to put anyone off going thru it, but were strong and the last few hurdles are just around the corner now. :D

ivor&mel
27th June 2006, 16:56
Send it, Russ - we're often in need of a dose of reality in this forum! :Hammer: :Cuckoo: :Wave:

Oh... just seen... you did :D

ivor&mel
27th June 2006, 18:47
I like the voyeurs' page (http://filipinaroses.com/online.php?) - you can see what people are up to :D And so many guests having a look round: 19 at the moment! Have to tell you though, Keith, that the forum keeps getting infested with spiders - including the fearsome Yahoo! Slurp Spider :)

baboyako
27th June 2006, 22:29

Yup all working & the gallery is filling up :)

KeithD
28th June 2006, 09:09
vB serves the search engines better than IPB, good old British scripts....nice to see we can do something useful in this country :D

I was looking for a new dating script for another site, all the good ones are $499, then I remembered the guy I got the best chat room script off last year for $5 (against the rivals $199), and he just gave me an excellent top of the range dating script he'd written for free. He lives in Russia, so I sent him a few quid. :)