PDA

View Full Version : The things that one does for love....

aromulus
3rd June 2008, 21:50
In all my 57 years of life, there has been something which never crossed my mind to do, or even contemplate....:NoNo:
Many a times over the years I was at loggerheads with my ex about her dreadful habit of not wanting to grow gracefully old with silvery strands on her head....:NoNo:
Every couple of weeks or so she went through the rigmarole of colouring her hair, and more often than not, spend ridiculous amounts of hard earned money on disreputable haidressers suffering with terminal colour blindness....:NoNo:
Today I succumbed to Jets request to let her "do" the little hair that I still possess...:NoNo:
I still don't know the result as I haven't washed the foul stuff off my head yet...
But I shall do in due course, and if you don't see me around it will mean that I will be hanging from the Grosvenor bridge in Chester......:omg:
With a bungee rope, as I don't think that once is enough....:NoNo:

Bye cruel world.........:omg:

Eljohno
3rd June 2008, 22:05
You will soon be ready for the facepack!! :icon_lol:

I used to dye my hair a few years back(not cos i was going gray) until i saw my photo when i was best man at a friends wedding and thought i was looking at an albino :yikes:

aromulus
3rd June 2008, 22:20
I never been vain in all my life...:NoNo:

But I am starting to think that I like this stuff...:rolleyes:

In fact it ain't that bad at all....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I could get used to this....:D

Now.... why do I suddenly have zits, blackheads and pus leaking boils on my face...???:Erm:

lavander
4th June 2008, 05:46
[QUOTE=aromulus;
Now.... why do I suddenly have zits, blackheads and pus leaking boils on my face...???:Erm:[/QUOTE]

hmmm... ask ms. jet for the ESKINOL to settle that puberty changes hahaha

oopsss..just kidding ...peace boss :)

lavander

KeithD
4th June 2008, 09:04
Has she done your pubes to match? :omg:

Alan
4th June 2008, 10:07
Has she done your pubes to match? :omg:

I am told that it is over £3 a pint now in my local pube in Oxford.

Al. (Trying my hardest to smile):)

LEAHnew
5th June 2008, 10:01

Now.... why do I suddenly have zits, blackheads and pus leaking boils on my face...???:Erm:

:omg: Is that a cause of side effect?:Erm::Erm:

kimmi
5th June 2008, 12:55

:omg::omg::omg: i think next is u need to have a facial,Mod Dom..he he he:Hellooo:

bornatbirth
5th June 2008, 20:27

a full body wax next :yikes: even here :action-smiley-081: :icon_lol:

KeithD
5th June 2008, 21:26
I think Dom needs one going by his latest pic!! :omg:

http://sneezl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hairy-man.jpg

Peanutz
5th June 2008, 21:31
LOL! That guy will need tons of hot wax!

pennybarry
6th June 2008, 08:57
I think Dom needs one going by his latest pic!! :omg:

http://sneezl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hairy-man.jpg

WAREWOLF SYNDROME?:yikes:

patti1227
6th June 2008, 09:05
He is definitely RICH! Rich in hair :)

angel1231
6th June 2008, 10:13
:doh:eek:never seen so many hair on someones body ...:BouncyHappy: its kinda cute lol

aposhark
6th June 2008, 17:48
:doh:eek:never seen so many hair on someones body ...:BouncyHappy: its kinda cute lol

I thought Filipinas don't like facial hair?
So do they like BODY hair on a man then? :icon_lol::icon_lol::omg:

angel1231
6th June 2008, 19:42
:xxgrinning--00xx3:its ok to look at but i would'nt like to be near him.......:omg: they migth think i let my monkey out:furious3:
lol........

aromulus
8th June 2008, 08:01
I am back.....
I spent the last 3 days in sunny Cornwall, enticing the innocent bystanders to buy some wine, with a certain degree of success....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The funny thing is that none of my colleagues did realize that my hair was tinted....
And I didn't tell them, just to avoid some mickey takes....:D
Now let's see what happens in the office on monday.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
While there, I had the opportunity to try out my mates wireless T-mobile dongle on his new laptop.....:omg:
Every few minutes the webpage was lost..... It ain't really worth £ 15 a month.... It was also slower than dial-up connection....:doh

aposhark
8th June 2008, 08:53
I am back.....
I spent the last 3 days in sunny Cornwall, enticing the innocent bystanders to buy some wine, with a certain degree of success....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The funny thing is that none of my colleagues did realize that my hair was tinted....
While there, I had the opportunity to try out my mates wireless T-mobile dongle on his new laptop.....:omg:
Every few minutes the webpage was lost..... It ain't really worth £ 15 a month.... It was also slower than dial-up connection....:doh

I changed T-mobile modem to vodafone, much better signal :)

KeithD
8th June 2008, 09:15
That depends on if you are in a 3G area, if not it will be lower than dialup. You should have Onspeed installed if using those things, as it speeds it up and saves money.

aromulus
8th June 2008, 09:32
That depends on if you are in a 3G area, if not it will be lower than dialup. You should have Onspeed installed if using those things, as it speeds it up and saves money.

It wasn't my laptop or connection, besides as you well know and came to realize, I am an inveterate technophobe...........:D
Mastering the use of a calculator, for me, is already a huge progress.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
8th June 2008, 12:07
I am back.....

You have been to Wadebridge as well then?

aromulus
8th June 2008, 12:32
You have been to Wadebridge as well then?

Yeah, that is where I was sunning myself for three long days.....:D

I was of the distinct impression that Cornwall as well as Suffolk need a chain of mirror shops....:NoNo:

3/4 of the women I saw around these locations, seem to be getting dressed and apply make-up without looking in a mirror, or maybe they must do it in the dark....:NoNo:

Getting out of the car parks was a bit of a nightmare, but there you go..... I am home after 5 hours drive.

The funny thing is that on saturday morning, on the way to the showground, there was no queue of traffic at all, everything moved smoothly and without hassle. Not like the previous two days, when the traffic was at a standstill for ages and ages, stop and start all the way from Newquay.

Then we realized that there were no cops on duty..... on that morning :doh:doh

keithAngel
8th June 2008, 12:53
Yeah, that is where I was sunning myself for three long days.....:D

I was of the distinct impression that Cornwall as well as Suffolk need a chain of mirror shops....:NoNo:

3/4 of the women I saw around these locations, seem to be getting dressed and apply make-up without looking in a mirror, or maybe they must do it in the dark....:NoNo:

Getting out of the car parks was a bit of a nightmare, but there you go..... I am home after 5 hours drive.

The funny thing is that on saturday morning, on the way to the showground, there was no queue of traffic at all, everything moved smoothly and without hassle. Not like the previous two days, when the traffic was at a standstill for ages and ages, stop and start all the way from Newquay.

Then we realized that there were no cops on duty..... on that morning :doh:doh

I noticed that as well re mirrors , I met a lot of them at the main pedestrian entrance that I was asked to provide a team for at last minuit, as to the police , perhaps they all had hangovers from your wine:Rasp:

Alan
8th June 2008, 14:41
I am an inveterate technophobe...........

Spineless??

Al.:)

aromulus
8th June 2008, 14:57
Spineless??

I did not say "invertebrate"....:NoNo:

I thought you were good at spelling.....:doh

andypaul
8th June 2008, 15:44

With the new usb 3g thingys i have noticed if you use the onboard software they work but not so well.

It really is worth downloading the latest software from t mobile or vodafones network. On the Vodafone one i use from work it makes a dramtic difference to connection times, stabilty and most important actual speed.

Only problem with 3g and data do dahs in particular which you dont notice with voice calls so much is you dont just need a signal or even a good one you need enough channels.
This happens with GPRS when you get lots of people with blackberrys and the like all fighting for space.

So like telephone broadband the more people that get and use it the slower it comes. Ok very simple explantation, but it will do for a sunny afternoon.

Dom the missus works for a Cosmetic company now if you need anything cheap just let me know:D that or i will send all the stuff she gives me which has stayed fully unopened and not used

Alan
9th June 2008, 00:26
I did not say "invertebrate"....:NoNo:

I thought you were good at spelling.....:doh

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th June 2008, 09:07
He did say he taught in England and we all know what our teacher's are like :Cuckoo: :D

jayped
14th July 2008, 03:59
hi

Mrs.JMajor
14th July 2008, 06:11
hi

:yikes:---:D start new thread jay and introduce yourself formally :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is mod aro thread :)

rikyandnina
6th August 2008, 14:39
:BouncyHappy: i like my hubby's body hair... and i remember Dieter, a german guy i used to work with, he said " only real men have body hair",,, so anyways, hubby feels like a giant teddy - sublime!!!

BTW - i'm wondering, normally British men are not very vain, but is it a common occurence for British guys who have Filipino wives to be more self concious after getting married??? just musing, b'cos noticed hubby preens a wee bit more than he used to... enlighten me :D

jackmac452
9th August 2008, 10:39
Shhh..if you look around..you may be able to pick up a sim free 3g Mobile Dongle.(Circa 150 pounds on a selling site:censored:) sent one to missus in China.. now she uses in Maila...works a treat..(Allegedly works anywhere in World with mobile coverage..but always says low strength, but still is OK)...say no more..nudge nudge..wink wink..(Cannot believe I just wrote that) hahaha showing my age and comedy preferences...

andypaul
9th August 2008, 12:14
Shhh..if you look around..you may be able to pick up a sim free 3g Mobile Dongle.(Circa 150 pounds on a selling site:censored:) sent one to missus in China.. now she uses in Maila...works a treat..(Allegedly works anywhere in World with mobile coverage..but always says low strength, but still is OK)...say no more..nudge nudge..wink wink..(Cannot believe I just wrote that) hahaha showing my age and comedy preferences...

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=158751

This are quite a good deal also says vodafone but unlocked.

update the firmware and they are really really good.

We use them at work and have at leat 700 of these floating around very few problems

jackmac452
9th August 2008, 14:37
Yes, using one now, these are the models, configuration internaly changed and updated to 7.2mb. so you don't need the sim card no more....very useful to have around and use in another country.

jackmac452
9th August 2008, 14:40
Wasn't this thread about hairy men? or women..I've forgotten now..anyway...I just love long Black hair (on women) it looks so nice...My missus growing her's now....got to get a life, and stop thinking about her all the time.. hahahaha