PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a wife advice

Richard
6th November 2002, 11:57
Just some general information for you guys. Allow as much time a possible to find the right girl. Coming to the Philippines for a week or something like that just isn't enough time. It 'might be' but more than like won't. While you're here travel around in the city as much as you can and make friends. You never know who's got a daughter/sister/ or 20 something year old granddaughter just right for you. I met my wife while visiting some other friends down a narrow walkway. She is truly a beautiful and sweet province girl who was living with her sister just a mile from my hotel in Cebu. She almost never left her sister's house and had I been where sitting there an hour later or earlier I'd have never met her at all. I wasn't even looking for a wife (!) so you know she is exceptional.
Even Filipina girls comment on her beauty (guwapa!) as we walk around... So give it some effort guys!
Also consider taking round trips on the different Jeepneys on a Sunday when they're not crowded. You'll get a 8 peso or so city tour for each one you ride, and will probably meet the Jeepney driver and his wife who usually want to know if you're looking.

Admin
3rd September 2003, 10:43
Good advice Richard.

When I travel to Asia it's always for a minimum of 3 weeks, anything less and you always seem to be rushing to get things done. On top of that the length of the flight makes a week seem a waste of time going.

ginapeterb
24th May 2004, 23:45
Richard I agree, you need at least 3 weeks, and thats when you have been corresponding with a Philippine lady for 6 months like I was, I had 3 weeks in March, and there is so much to do, you need time, I spent a week in Manila, being dragged around the malls, and then a week in Boracay, and a week in Bacalod City, Negros Occidental, but I want to know, why are there red plastic camping pans in the Gents toilets in Ninoy Acquino international airport ? and why is their no toilet tissue in the toilets at the Robinsons Mall in Bacalod City, is it because the filipinos, nick it and take it home ? is that simple..... come on, someone knows out there..........another thing watch out for the baggage handling at Ilo Ilo City, airport, its a sight to be seen !!, it consists fo the bags being thrown onto large tables and everyone scrambles for their bag.........all good fun, the Brits just stand back and look in amazement !
Anyway back to this subject, take you time with a filipina, get to know her, write to her, phone her, text her, get on yahoo with her, the longer the relationship the better, be yourself, dont impress, treat her good, and watch the response........get the Alpha Asia Phonecard, dont use BT its a rip off, or Orange.. its 80p a minute, when you arrive in the Philippines, let her do the talking at hotels.........she gets you resident rate.............let her organize the taxi's........use the jeepney.........but try and get back to the Phils 3 months after leaving, cos the seperation kills you ,if you fall in love with a filipina.........there thats enough advice for now.....I stand back to watch for others advice.

Admin
6th June 2004, 23:33
I use a Royal Mail card from 1st for Phonecards, the link is on the main page. It's the cheapest I've found out of all the cards, as you have to watch the service charge on some.

ginapeterb
7th June 2004, 01:05
ok Keith how much is the card...........how long do you get ? where do you get them from ??

Admin
8th June 2004, 00:43
http://www.1st4phonecards.com/lp/win2win/
(I get a whopping £1 for each card sold ::))

I've used them for years for calling Asia, and have tried them all, but the Royal Mail one at £5, £10, £20 are the best. You also get a discount if you buy more, and you get 'points' to redeem as money off, but you can take it off the order straight away if you don't wish to save.

They email you the details, unless you want the plastic bit, then you have to wait for the post. They will call you with your first order just to make sure it is you. ;D

I think it work out around 300+ minutes for £20, but can't remember exactly as the wife uses them the most, I usually end up with the odds pence at the end of the card!! :-/ It depends on if your calling a mobile, and the time, I suppose.

On site details are;

Strengths ●
12 Month Card Expiry !!

No Maintenance Fee / No Connection Charge !!

Toll Free 0800 access
Sports information service available

Denomination ●
£5, £10 & £20 card
Service provider ●
Issued by IDT Cards Services Ireland Ltd.
Services supplied by Interdirect Tel Ltd & Teamtalk.com.Ltd
0800 / Toll Free access ●
Yes. Different surcharges apply on a country-by-country basis. Please check with Customer Services.
0845 access ●
Yes.
020 access ●
Yes.
Connection charge ●
None.
Payphone surcharge ●
Yes. 25p/min
Billing by the ●
Minute
Expires ●
12 months after first use (or April 2005 which ever is sooner)
Customer support line ? ●
Yes (9am to 9pm, 7 days a week) Telephone 0800 061 3697
( faults should be reported within 48 hours of occurrence )
Calling to a mobile phone ●
Calls to a mobile phone may be charged differently to that of a standard line. If not shown on the rate table then please confirm with customer services before ordering.

Calling from a mobile phone ●
When calling from a mobile phone there are normally two parts to the call. The international leg of the call is charged to your phone card. Calling the access number is charged to your mobile phone. If in doubt about this charge please confirm the cost to call the access number with with your mobile phone provider.

Call to ●
Virtually all international destinations. If your international destination is not shown you may wish to confirm the rate with customer services before purchase.

Call from ●
UK and 20+ countries

Product Classification ●
Credit Voucher

ginapeterb
29th August 2004, 16:21
There is some very valuable information now posted under other threads in the forum under

"How to Court a Filipina"

gm47
5th September 2004, 17:55
Regarding call costs, I've started to use "just-dial", I had to make a few calls to the Cameroon, BT were charging 76p per min, just dial charged 20p per min,
They charge 10p per min to the Philippines, landline or to a mobile.... don't suppose that it's cheaper than the cards mentioned but I just found it so easy to use.

ginapeterb
5th September 2004, 18:08
Thanks for that, very uself to know...please keep it coming. glad to see you on today, go to Philippine News and have laugh ok.

Pete

Admin
6th September 2004, 11:50
I use One Tel for calling the USA, which the wife does often, it costs 3p/min. Your UK calls are also cheaper.