PDA

View Full Version : references...

jguanlao
2nd June 2008, 13:56
i had an interview this morning with the owner of a carer agency. she is nice and willing to accept me but we have just one big problem :doh.. its about my references! :omg: she told me that she understands that it is really hard for me to give a references FROM UK because im just new here( 3weeks to be exact) and said that its really stupid to follow tha rule but shE had no choice.

she accepted my 1 friend as a character reference and she needs another one who are in the authority to be my reference like a priest or some leader of a religious group , or a former colleague from the PI but unfortunately i dont know anyone that will fit any of that.. :23_111_9[1]:

hmmm... i am very frustrated about this:Brick::Brick:

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 14:18
when i applied for work, I used my hubby's friends as reference..hope it helps..:)

Piamed
2nd June 2008, 14:19
Even though you have not been here long if you have been attending church and have spoken to your priest perhaps they will do something for you. Or maybe someone for your local pinoy association.

I would encourage all coming here to get references from their church, former employers etc before they come if they would like to work.

Proof of address is also worth thinking about. I have already switched some of my debts, I mean utility bills :D, to include Pia's name. You never know when that could come in handy.

joebloggs
2nd June 2008, 14:26
why didn't you ask some people in the phils, if they would give you a reference b4 you came here :Erm:

they could have given you a written one on headed paper, and also put their contact details down, incase the agency wanted to speak to them..

my wife needed 2 references for her job working in the nhs.

she used a businessman we both knew, and asked if they would give a reference, which they did, also my wife got her aunt in the phils, to go and see the dean at her old uni, and asked if they would give her a reference, the dean posted it to us in the uk, and didn't charge anything :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
2nd June 2008, 14:29
when i applied for work, I used my hubby's friends as reference..hope it helps..:)

some places you cannot use family or friends, also they might have to, have known you a certain amount of time ..

Ann07
2nd June 2008, 15:11
same as me here when i applied i used my hubbys friend and the priest..( informed him first:)) got the job been there for more than a year now :D

goodluck to you.

ann

lizaphil
2nd June 2008, 17:02
i had an interview this morning with the owner of a carer agency. she is nice and willing to accept me but we have just one big problem :doh.. its about my references! :omg: she told me that she understands that it is really hard for me to give a references FROM UK because im just new here( 3weeks to be exact) and said that its really stupid to follow tha rule but shE had no choice.

she accepted my 1 friend as a character reference and she needs another one who are in the authority to be my reference like a priest or some leader of a religious group , or a former colleague from the PI but unfortunately i dont know anyone that will fit any of that.. :23_111_9[1]:

hmmm... i am very frustrated about this:Brick::Brick:

hi, same at me when i apply my work as a carer all my references from the philipines,i have 3 imployer from phil and she accepted,because they need the worker,even now still looking for carer because we are short staff,

jguanlao
3rd June 2008, 08:50
[QUOTE=joebloggs;69182]why didn't you ask some people in the phils, if they would give you a reference b4 you came here :Erm:

they could have given you a written one on headed paper, and also put their contact details down, incase the agency wanted to speak to them..

i already did this.. i have my reference letter from my dean.. i also have the contact details of my former profs that are really willing to be my references. but they did'nt accept it.:bigcry:

andypaul
4th June 2008, 23:32

Word cause of course all my Friends had popped out to phill and knew my wife well:D
Well er employers thought they had anyway.

Proof of address is very useful both for job, ni, bank account opening and of course for ILR.