PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Exam!

Peanutz
1st June 2008, 22:24
I will be having my English exam next week:yikes:. I suppose to spend this day for further revision but reading the forum triggers more excitement to me.:rolleyes:
As of now, I got B -A on my course works and I am looking forward to get the higher grades on exam.
My essay in Macbeth has convince my tutor to give me a higher grade:D
I am quite relieved that it is coming to an end after all those hard work and long tiring days :yikes:
To all of you out there, never say never. You can achieve whatever objectives you have put in front of you, the important thing is 'you have to want it'!

Cheers!

SoniaCopeland
1st June 2008, 22:32
Good luck with your exams I am sure you will do well.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
2nd June 2008, 09:26
You'll get an 'A' while the English who take it get a 'F' ....and a life working in McDonalds :icon_lol:

Alan
2nd June 2008, 10:56
I will be having my English exam next week:yikes:. I suppose to spend this day for further revision but reading the forum triggers more excitement to me.:rolleyes:
As of now, I got B -A on my course works and I am looking forward to get the higher grades on exam.
My essay in Macbeth has convince my tutor to give me a higher grade:D
I am quite relieved that it is coming to an end after all those hard work and long tiring days :yikes:
To all of you out there, never say never. You can achieve whatever objectives you have put in front of you, the important thing is 'you have to want it'!

Cheers!

Please don't forget what I said a long time ago - if you need ANY help with English exams, please ask me. I shall help any of my 'forum family' for free!!

Al.:)

P.S. Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble!

Peanutz
4th June 2008, 11:08
I sit my exam paper 1 yesterday. The weather was not of help to uplift my already wrecked nerves. I left home early morning, I have to be at the center at 9 am.
It was pouring hard, traffic were gone crazy I distracted my mind watching the car window screen wipes off the heavy rain.
While waiting for other candidates to arrive, I started to think again what do I need to remember. ( I went to sleep repeating the same things on my mind).
After a couple of minutes we have been called and given instructions. We were guided through the room where we are suppose to spend 1 hr and 40 mins of self torture. Chairs are assigned with candidate's name on it, you can't cheat!
Papers were distributed, do's and dont's are repeatedly reminded.
As you all know, I presume, on the paper there are three mind muddling questions;
Q1- 13 marks
Q2- 14 marks
Q3- 27 marks
Tot: 54 marks

After reading all the questions, I decided to start to Q2 and then Q3 and the last Q1.
I was doing quite well, I wrote a page for each Q2-Q3. The thing is...I looked at the clock and somehow a strange moment I cannot explain it registered in my mind that I still have time to do the Q1 (I re-write the Q2-Q3 in a nice page).
When I am about to finish rewriting the Q3, I was told to put down my pen time is finished...:yikes:
I didn't made it to answer Q1:bigcry:. (silly me! I keep repeating the same mistakes while sitting an exam):Brick:.
Now I am thinking how to mend my mistake. I might ask to re-sit the exam again if they will allow me to do so:bigcry:.

Prof Alan, with your long years experience and expertise, what advise would you give me?
Should I sit it again?
I was thinking, I got good marks with my course works and I still have the paper 2 to sit in tomorrow.
Should I sit it again or wait for the final results? (any comments are very much appreciated)

Thank you so much for the encouragement Boss, Prof Alan and Sonia.

:)

Peanutz
4th June 2008, 11:17
Please don't forget what I said a long time ago - if you need ANY help with English exams, please ask me. I shall help any of my 'forum family' for free!!

Al.:)

P.S. Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble!

'When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning and in rain?'

'The toad calls!':yikes:

Bubble, bubble, toilet trouble!

LOL!

joebloggs
4th June 2008, 11:18
i never heard of anyone re-sitting an exam until you have had your final mark,

because resits will probably not be for weeks if not months after the final marks have been released, so it wouldn't be possible :Erm:

what exam is it peanutz and what exam board :Erm:

chances are that if you got a certain amount in your course work and in the exam, but you failed the exam you could do a resit, that if they do a resit..

most important thing in an exam is watching the time, time is against you, you need to quickly skim the paper, decide what your going to attempt, and do it, don't stop to go over any questions you've done, as chances are you was probably right first time.

if you've got time at the end of the exam, quickly review your answers, but like a said, chances are you was right the first time..

stop worrying, i bet you passed, pass mark on some exams is only 40% :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Peanutz
4th June 2008, 11:38
I think you are right Joe. I have not called the school yet but I had a feeling that they will not let me do a re-sit until the final marks comes out.

I am doing GCSE English Higher Foundation. The exam board is AQA.

I was quite annoyed of myself, because I re-write my answers in a new page. (bloody dummy I am!)
And by doing so, I just wasted time and didn't had enough time left to do the Q1.

If I can get a good grades I might plan to pursue my studies and get a degree in English and History.
I am not aiming for a career, I just want to enjoy what I like studying.
I might write a book someday...who knows :D

Alan
4th June 2008, 15:19
I think you are right Joe. I have not called the school yet but I had a feeling that they will not let me do a re-sit until the final marks comes out.

I am doing GCSE English Higher Foundation. The exam board is AQA.

I was quite annoyed of myself, because I re-write my answers in a new page. (bloody dummy I am!)
And by doing so, I just wasted time and didn't had enough time left to do the Q1.

If I can get a good grades I might plan to pursue my studies and get a degree in English and History.
I am not aiming for a career, I just want to enjoy what I like studying.
I might write a book someday...who knows :D

I know the exam you took VERY well. I have taught it THOUSANDS of times to my students in the past.

Yes, I think your 'strategy' was wrong when you took the exam. I can CERTAINLY help you if you did not pass this time. Piece of cake - listen to me!! Peanutz.... I think I am the best teacher in the world. :):) Let me help you. PM me if you want some advice.

Al.:):):)

KeithD
4th June 2008, 15:21
I think I am the best teacher in the world.

He taught Alastair Darling on how to run Business & the Economy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:ARsurrender:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

I'll get my coat :Bolt:

Peanutz
5th June 2008, 20:26
I know the exam you took VERY well. I have taught it THOUSANDS of times to my students in the past.

Yes, I think your 'strategy' was wrong when you took the exam. I can CERTAINLY help you if you did not pass this time. Piece of cake - listen to me!! Peanutz.... I think I am the best teacher in the world. :):) Let me help you. PM me if you want some advice.

Al.:):):)
Prof Alan, I am interested in taking tutoring from you, but I will not take it for free:D. I don't know how are we going to make the long distance tutorial, but I am sure we can find a way to plan it.
I sit my paper 2 today and it all went well, better than last tuesday:D

Anyhow, I will send you a pm and we can discuss further for the details.

Maybe if other members are interested in long distance tutorial your problem will be solved!:rolleyes:
I am also thinking, I have lots of cousins in Phil, but they all live in Manila. If...if...hmmnnn. I will check with them and will get back to you when I have more info.

Cheers!