PDA

View Full Version : Website Administrator

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 21:07
I tried to apply as Webpage Administrator. I've got guts to apply although I knew there are many British who are best in IT. I just think there is no harm in trying:D. There are many applicants, they only need 2 and the interviewer said my CV interests him and will give me a chance as he thinks I can do the job. I undergone training and day one was confusing:yikes: :omg: as I have no background in webpage design:D, editing etc. The offer was 8£/hr, I can work at home and provided a laptop. I met personally a scientist :icon_lol: Our website deals with biographies, news, advertisement etc.
Just hoping I could get on well with the job, I think I need some moral support:D:BouncyHappy:

SoniaCopeland
1st June 2008, 21:10
I tried to apply as Webpage Administrator. I've got guts to apply although I knew there are many British who are best in IT. I just think there is no harm in trying:D. There are many applicants, they only need 2 and the interviewer said my CV interests him and will give me a chance as he thinks I can do the job. I undergone training and day one was confusing:yikes: :omg: as I have no background in webpage design:D, editing etc. The offer was 8£/hr, I can work at home and provided a laptop. I met personally a scientist :icon_lol: Our website deals with biographies, news, advertisement etc.
Just hoping I could get on well with the job, I think I need some moral support:D:BouncyHappy:

Hi I think you will do great, your employer would not have given you the post if he did not think you were capable. You just need to have some confidence in yourself. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 21:16
Thanks Sonia! I am now starting to build more and more confidence

Marwin08
1st June 2008, 21:25
Just be yourself and always ask Above for daily guidance to give you strength, inspiration and courage to prove your talents. Go go go go girl.

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 21:42
Just be yourself and always ask Above for daily guidance to give you strength, inspiration and courage to prove your talents. Go go go go girl.

Thanks Jaywin! Will do:).

KeithD
1st June 2008, 21:53
Start with HTML, then DHTML, XML, XHTML,JAVA, JAVASCRIPT,PHP,MYSQL.....and you'll do just fine :D

joebloggs
1st June 2008, 21:55
:D

good on you, i hope you've got many of the learn xxx in 24 hours books ..

best way of learning in at the deep end :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 22:09
Start with HTML, then DHTML, XML, XHTML,JAVA, JAVASCRIPT,PHP,MYSQL.....and you'll do just fine :D
I started to learn from TEXT PAD TO COMPOSER AND RELOAD TO WEBPAGE. We do save as html, txt. MYSQL?:Erm:

U r my IDOL :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

KeithD
2nd June 2008, 09:28
PHP/MySQL is what you use for dynamic web sites (updated on the fly). Pretty easy to learn, and makes you look very clever :)

pennybarry
3rd June 2008, 06:38
Thanks boss! it increases my confidence:xxgrinning--00xx3::Help1:

bornatbirth
3rd June 2008, 08:57
PHP/MySQL is what you use for dynamic web sites (updated on the fly). Pretty easy to learn, and makes you look very clever :)

thas your secret :icon_lol:

KeithD
3rd June 2008, 09:03
thas your secret :icon_lol:
I'm already clever.....that's why folk come to my site and not yours :D

joebloggs
3rd June 2008, 11:53

i dont let rif raf on my site :D

unlike you :doh

KeithD
3rd June 2008, 12:36
i dont let rif raf on my site :D

unlike you :doh

Well someone has to feel sorry for Mancs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
3rd June 2008, 14:28

May I know your site Bornatbirth?:D

bornatbirth
3rd June 2008, 15:26
i can give you a link but i will be banned?

IainBusby
3rd June 2008, 16:18

Hi Penny,
When I got my first IT job it was with quite a small company that had both Windows NT and Novell networks and although I had trained for NT networks, I knew nothing about Novell. There was also no hand over from the previous IT manager to give me a few pointers, so I just had to get on with it and learn it all as I went along.

What I found really helpful was the various internet news groups that I subscribed to and whenever I found a problem that I couldn't seem to figure out, I would post a message on one of the news groups and usually within a few hours, someone out there in cyberspace would tell me what i was doing wrong.

The internet has moved on and improved quite a bit since then and I'm sure that whatever problems you come up against with your new job, you'll find plenty of advice out there somewhere. All you have to do is ask!

Iain.

pennybarry
4th June 2008, 06:49
Hi Penny,
When I got my first IT job it was with quite a small company that had both Windows NT and Novell networks and although I had trained for NT networks, I knew nothing about Novell. There was also no hand over from the previous IT manager to give me a few pointers, so I just had to get on with it and learn it all as I went along.

What I found really helpful was the various internet news groups that I subscribed to and whenever I found a problem that I couldn't seem to figure out, I would post a message on one of the news groups and usually within a few hours, someone out there in cyberspace would tell me what i was doing wrong.

The internet has moved on and improved quite a bit since then and I'm sure that whatever problems you come up against with your new job, you'll find plenty of advice out there somewhere. All you have to do is ask!

Iain.

Thanks Ian! It sounds very aspiring. :BouncyHappy:
My boss is so accommodating and helps everytime I stock up. He said I am willing to learn and my day 2 is brilliant.:xxgrinning--00xx3: My day 1 was really confusing. I got aspiring words from my tutor at College too where I am studying computer course.
When I established my internet cafe in the Philippines, LIKE you, I knew nothing about computer. :dohIt is the challenge that pushed me because I am really interested in learning IT. Then I hired a graduating student of Computer Engineering as OJT (On the Job Training) who is top in his class. He was my assistant and I learned a lot from him. Typing was not a problem as I had 40WPM speed in typewriter b4:D. Until now I am willing to learn more and more.

IainBusby
4th June 2008, 09:25
Thanks Ian! It sounds very aspiring. :BouncyHappy:
My boss is so accommodating and helps everytime I stock up. He said I am willing to learn and my day 2 is brilliant.:xxgrinning--00xx3: My day 1 was really confusing. I got aspiring words from my tutor at College too where I am studying computer course.
When I established my internet cafe in the Philippines, LIKE you, I knew nothing about computer. :dohIt is the challenge that pushed me because I am really interested in learning IT. Then I hired a graduating student of Computer Engineering as OJT (On the Job Training) who is top in his class. He was my assistant and I learned a lot from him. Typing was not a problem as I had 40WPM speed in typewriter b4:D. Until now I am willing to learn more and more.

Your very lucky, I've been working in IT for about 20 years now and to my eternal shame, I'm still a two finger typist. :doh

Iain.

andypaul
4th June 2008, 23:23
Hi Penny,

Iain.

Great advice and it helps you with other parts of the job as well as technical advice.

Your hubby, Family and friends may not care about the battle you had finding the right shade of green for your latest page, but those in a similar boat will understand and be there to listen (ok read in most cases).

Well done on the postion:xxgrinning--00xx3: and as in most things in the tech field none of us know all of what we do before we do it ( if that makes sense:Erm:) nearly everyday im doing or learning something new which in a small amount of time will be obsolete.

walesrob
5th June 2008, 05:37
i can give you a link but i will be banned?

Bring it on...can't be any worse than the sites I've done - I'm still using HTML only. :D

pennybarry
5th June 2008, 07:14
Your very lucky, I've been working in IT for about 20 years now and to my eternal shame, I'm still a two finger typist. :doh

Iain.

Just a tip, use all your fingers :D. Just practice typing ( asdfg) a(little finger)-s(Ring Finger)-d (middle)-f(index)-g (index) using your left hand, left thumbmark for space bar, on the other side, use your right hand typing h-j-k-l-;'#. You can use right thumbmark for space bar too .Keep on practice by typing the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog. Use all fingers up and down keypads:DHope this will help:D
qwertasdfgzxcv (left) yuiophjkl;'bnm,. (right):xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
5th June 2008, 07:22
Great advice and it helps you with other parts of the job as well as technical advice.

Your hubby, Family and friends may not care about the battle you had finding the right shade of green for your latest page, but those in a similar boat will understand and be there to listen (ok read in most cases).

Well done on the postion:xxgrinning--00xx3: and as in most things in the tech field none of us know all of what we do before we do it ( if that makes sense:Erm:) nearly everyday im doing or learning something new which in a small amount of time will be obsolete.

Thanks Andy, such a lovely aspiring words:BouncyHappy: . You are right, my hubby said YOU CAN DO IT! THATS MONEY! My Mom in law said STICK IT IN! and was happy telling to my friend who is just arrived and no interest and smile from her face. She didn't even look at my laptop :D . But I got cheers and support from all my IT colleagues friends in the Philippines.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
5th June 2008, 09:35
Bring it on...can't be any worse than the sites I've done - I'm still using HTML only. :D

You've just had your internet speed increased to 12k though.....West Wales joining the revolution :rolleyes:

LEAHnew
5th June 2008, 10:08
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Wow great Job!...You can do it sis..All the best:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Pepe n Pilar
5th June 2008, 12:18
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog:)

kimmi
5th June 2008, 13:04
well done Ate Penny.. I am so proud of u..:)

pennybarry
6th June 2008, 09:02
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog:)

SORRY IT'S ME_YEH Correction is under your care :D . My english skills is really worse than my math skills. I think I need to enrol academic English:yikes:.

KIMMI
THANKSSS . CHEERS !!!!

angel1231
6th June 2008, 10:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3:go for it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
7th June 2008, 07:30
Thanks to all WELL WISHERS and those help gain more confidence! :BouncyHappy: . I got my contract yesterday and I made my first website which is now on the worldwide web:omg:.
Also thanks to my friend in the Philippines especially my friend who owned cafe before and shift her business into CALL CENTER. Goodluck to you too! I cannot reach you! you are getting richer :D. Thanks you're always there:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have another thing to finish next week :doh . Need to take my final exam in my English and Math Class and claim my first certificate in my Computing Course.
GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE!

kimmi
7th June 2008, 18:17
Goodluck for ur exams Ate Penny I'll include u in my prayers and thank u for all the advise..:)

patti1227
10th June 2008, 06:06
Congratulations for a job well done! :BouncyHappy: I am lucky to have visited your wonderful work of labor. You will go far as you are keen in learning and have a good ear in listening for advices and take comments constructively.
You surely are doing a great job so keep up the good work and continue to build more confidence.

pennybarry
10th June 2008, 08:04
Congratulations for a job well done! :BouncyHappy: I am lucky to have visited your wonderful work of labor. You will go far as you are keen in learning and have a good ear in listening for advices and take comments constructively.
You surely are doing a great job so keep up the good work and continue to build more confidence.

Thanks Kwee Han:D. I am pleased we chat great last time. I am sure you are better than me :icon_lol:. You studied a lot:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Anyway, continue your internet cafe business and if you think you are ready to shift in a call center business, just email me. I may help you :D
God Bless Us !!!
penny

patti1227
11th June 2008, 07:31
Thank you for the compliment. I will greatly consider your proposal.
May the good Lord keep on showering you more blessings so you can continue being a blessing to others.
Thank you for the good soul in you... :)

Sending my love to you Onesan :D

pennybarry
2nd July 2008, 18:49
I had tears of joy when my boss sent email me yesterday stating that I will receive 900£ training grant (no Tax) and can work 40-60 or above from home.
My eyes is sore now :D
How I wish to share my job to my friend here but she has no idea about PC.

andypaul
2nd July 2008, 19:55
I had tears of joy when my boss sent email me yesterday stating that I will receive 900£ training grant (no Tax) and can work 40-60 or above from home.
My eyes is sore now :D
How I wish to share my job to my friend here but she has no idea about PC.

Thats good i guess work 40 to 60 percent from home which sounds good but do you have to use your Internet connection and do you have to phone people? I know a lot of people who worked from home have now gone back to visting the office a lot more.

Also others may know more on the subject but be careful about having an office at home.

http://www.voa.gov.uk/council_tax/examples_working_from_home.htm

Can also effect insurance if any more than you just catching up with work.

So more importantly what training do you intend to take?

Also when you say training do you think classroom based or are you going to look into CBT's and books?

A lot of I.T you can self teach with good material and the money goes far further than paying tutors and classrooms etc.

pennybarry
3rd July 2008, 07:18
Thats good i guess work 40 to 60 percent from home which sounds good but do you have to use your Internet connection and do you have to phone people? I know a lot of people who worked from home have now gone back to visting the office a lot more.

Also others may know more on the subject but be careful about having an office at home.

http://www.voa.gov.uk/council_tax/examples_working_from_home.htm

Can also effect insurance if any more than you just catching up with work.

So more importantly what training do you intend to take?

Also when you say training do you think classroom based or are you going to look into CBT's and books?

A lot of I.T you can self teach with good material and the money goes far further than paying tutors and classrooms etc.

Thanks Andy,
It was the advise from Jobcentreplus to be trained in their office. Jobcentreplus here has office for training. I don't call anybody, :omg: I get 30£ / week for my expenses. They have also checked the room for safety reason etc. :D

andypaul
3rd July 2008, 20:45
Thanks Andy,
It was the advise from Jobcentreplus to be trained in their office. Jobcentreplus here has office for training. I don't call anybody, :omg: I get 30£ / week for my expenses. They have also checked the room for safety reason etc. :D

So the grant came from the Job centre:Erm:

Im guessing they send you on a learn direct course?
From others make sure the course you go on is of the right level for you some i know ended up on courses which were to basic for what they needed and there was no qualification at the end:omg:

For 900 quid what do they offer? Just intrested as sometimes i send or recomend others to go on courses in th eline fo my work.

Heres a useful place for training Videos and all these are free if you login:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/videos

Many of the web bods i meet have taken some of these exams

http://www.ciwcertified.com/

joebloggs
3rd July 2008, 21:53
i think you would know andy, can the cost of training thru work, be claimed back by knocking it off the taxes the company pays?

i'm sure it can be..

andypaul
3rd July 2008, 22:53
i think you would know andy, can the cost of training thru work, be claimed back by knocking it off the taxes the company pays?

i'm sure it can be..

Dont know all the details, but yeah training helps with the tax bill.

But need to be careful the training is good for you not just the company as you know Joe.

Real world certs, on subjects which have skills and knowledge you can take with you:D

Also worth in any assement to think before going about what training you need and then make sure its mentioned in the assement.

Im amazed how many people dont want training and the training department are almost forcing people to go:Erm:

giants
14th July 2008, 17:15
Try to do well on your choosen career and I tell you there's a huge earning in that field. Who knows one day you'll become a developer which is the most in demand job in IT here in UK with an average salary of 30-35K for a starter. I am also planning to shift track, I am working as a Network Administrator at moment but I want to try Development,although I am earning a good salary of 24K but being a developer you will be equipt with knowledge which will be in great need not only now but also in the years ahead. And the fact that there's were so many tech support people in the market now a days mostly indian nationals it's tough to be competative.

So it's a good move for you to choose developement really...goodluck

joebloggs
14th July 2008, 21:26
many web sites are done where labour is cheaper, the old eastern block countries, also czech republic, india etc.. if the work can be done remotely your job is not safe :NoNo:

at least net admin/ tech support, some of it can be done remotely, but not all of it, so your job is a bit more secure.

my 2p worth :D

giants
15th July 2008, 11:40
Now that's a good insight joebloggs.....so maybe I'll just go ahead with my plans of taking MCP credentials then to be fully competative......I am planning to take my exam in the Phil early next year as the cost of the exam and the training is cheaper there....thanks a lot mate

giants
16th July 2008, 12:01
Nice insights joebloggs....I guess I have to continue my plans of getting certifications to be more competative then...I am planning to take a MCP certification soon, but I guess I have to do it in the Phil when I take my holiday so it would be cheaper

good advice man......thanks

andypaul
16th July 2008, 19:28
many web sites are done where labour is cheaper, the old eastern block countries, also czech republic, india etc.. if the work can be done remotely your job is not safe :NoNo:

at least net admin/ tech support, some of it can be done remotely, but not all of it, so your job is a bit more secure.

my 2p worth :D

Only the actual hardware side.

Can think of several companies using both indian and phill staff who will do all the actual admin work remotely.

They will even assign them to your company .

I hear SQL experts are the ones in the most risk of being outsourced:D

Joe im glad to tell you i have been tapped on the shoulder to sit in a big office at company HQ and do even less than i do now.
Only bad think is i will get less free lunches and days out:NoNo:

joebloggs
16th July 2008, 19:51
Only the actual hardware side.

Can think of several companies using both indian and phill staff who will do all the actual admin work remotely.

They will even assign them to your company .

I hear SQL experts are the ones in the most risk of being outsourced:D

Joe im glad to tell you i have been tapped on the shoulder to sit in a big office at company HQ and do even less than i do now.
Only bad think is i will get less free lunches and days out:NoNo:

sql is over for me for this year, and anyone who's good at it, deserves a good wage :D, travelling to work is killing me,, up at 5am, leave 6:30am and home for 5:30pm..

3hrs travelling a day :bigcry: i'm not use to it :D

the next tap on your shoulder might be someone giving you your p45 :yikes:, well you should know andy those who sit the the big office and do nothing all day might be the 1st to go when the cash flow dries up.. where i work now, recession would probably bring us more work :doh

why would you employ someone remotely to admin your network :Erm:, is it worth the hassle ? , i would rather have someone there who you can see face 2 face, and sort out h/w problems :Erm:, also i wouldn't trust a known person to have admin rights on any server if i was the big boss :D

andypaul
16th July 2008, 20:05
sql is over for me for this year, and anyone who's good at it, deserves a good wage :D, travelling to work is killing me,, up at 5am, leave 6:30am and home for 5:30pm..

3hrs travelling a day :bigcry: i'm not use to it :D

the next tap on your shoulder might be someone giving you your p45 :yikes:, well you should know andy those who sit the the big office and do nothing all day might be the 1st to go when the cash flow dries up.. where i work now, recession would probably bring us more work :doh

why would you employ someone remotely to admin your network :Erm:, is it worth the hassle ? , i would rather have someone there who you can see face 2 face, and sort out h/w problems :Erm:, also i wouldn't trust a known person to have admin rights on any server if i was the big boss :D

Many Admins on both data and voice networks are remote.

Spoke to a Voice network guy who was in japan, the customer had rung him up and the poor guy woke up to answer a call to find out the london office of his company voice network was kaput and causing allsorts of bother in other parts of the network. he went from sweet dreams to speaking to various people in london with in a couple of mintues.

Many of the Network admins are remote spoen to ones in either the companies home country or one in another locaton.

Many of the city firms IT people seem to be in ipswich or brum etc.

Had a problem where i had someone translating between me and a network bod in espana and when it came to a url and password she traslated it in to English when it should have been in Spanish:doh

The problems take up lots of out time but the companies save money to spend on hardware:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I will be far from sitting around all day and a small part of my remit is to oversee the internet and intranet sites in the Uk and some parts of europe by chance.

I always make sure i have far to much work so like you say they tap somebody elses shoulder. Never understand why people want to lighten their workload and make themselves less necessry.

In a few years i guess i head out to asia as thats the way the world is revolving maybe a nice office in makati will do me:D

joebloggs
16th July 2008, 21:17
I always make sure i have far to much work so like you say they tap somebody elses shoulder. Never understand why people want to lighten their workload and make themselves less necessry.

In a few years i guess i head out to asia as thats the way the world is revolving maybe a nice office in makati will do me:D

:D good luck on your new job andy,

i'm sure you got where you are thru hard work :xxgrinning--00xx3:..

i know what you mean, i would rather be too busy, time goes quicker :D, its like when work went bust, i phoned one company, and asked an old friend if i could use them as a reference, and 2 job offers within 3 days of going bump, peeps know of your rep :D , and i started a new job couple of days later, i want a few weeks rest thou :doh, while my friend has been looking for a job for near 5 months :NoNo:

makati, why not you could work remotely :D, if you need someone to hit the return key on your keyboard, i'm front of the queue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
16th July 2008, 22:54
:D good luck on your new job andy,

i'm sure you got where you are thru hard work :xxgrinning--00xx3:..

i know what you mean, i would rather be too busy, time goes quicker :D, its like when work went bust, i phoned one company, and asked an old friend if i could use them as a reference, and 2 job offers within 3 days of going bump, peeps know of your rep :D , and i started a new job couple of days later, i want a few weeks rest thou :doh, while my friend has been looking for a job for near 5 months :NoNo:

makati, why not you could work remotely :D, if you need someone to hit the return key on your keyboard, i'm front of the queue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like you say its never just though hard work its all about relationships you form and the impression you create as you show with a great example.

Thats why many Phills work in the UK have a good head start as many seem to be very aimable and get on well with people. Much harder to be nasty to someone you get on with although never impossible.
Many of the Jobs my Wife has got though contacts and networking.

If i get my way i will be working for my present company out there and your be more than welcome to work for me remotely from underneath your tree. They defintely need a kick up the backside out there our competion is well ahead there from speaking to various employees over there:NoNo:

Maybe you can hold lessons on SQL from underneath the tree:D

I'll even upgrade your win 3.11 embedded palm tree to win xp if your really lucky now microsoft are withdrawning support i wouldn't want you stuck with a palm tree without pnp, changing irqs to much effort:CompBuster:

PS three hours to work!!!! i know those steam trains clogs and cobbled streets slow everything down but three hours do you work in lannnndon:Erm::D

andypaul
16th July 2008, 23:08
Nice insights joebloggs....I guess I have to continue my plans of getting certifications to be more competative then...I am planning to take a MCP certification soon, but I guess I have to do it in the Phil when I take my holiday so it would be cheaper

good advice man......thanks

Hi Giants what MCP/s you hoping to take?

Keep an eye on the latest rulings for examtaking in phill as in India and China i think it is, only nationals can take the exam they may role it out further you never know.

People on here might know

http://msforums.ph/forums/

Certainly cheaper only 40 quid or so per exam i wonder if vouchers work over there:D before you know it they be paying you.

pennybarry
17th July 2008, 10:05
Try to do well on your choosen career and I tell you there's a huge earning in that field. Who knows one day you'll become a developer which is the most in demand job in IT here in UK with an average salary of 30-35K for a starter. I am also planning to shift track, I am working as a Network Administrator at moment but I want to try Development,although I am earning a good salary of 24K but being a developer you will be equipt with knowledge which will be in great need not only now but also in the years ahead. And the fact that there's were so many tech support people in the market now a days mostly indian nationals it's tough to be competative.

So it's a good move for you to choose developement really...goodluck

Thanks Giants!
I'm trying my best to learn more about IT. I am planning to enroll IT course again. I wish to be like you, Joe, Andy :icon_lol:. :icon_lol: or the boss. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I really enjoy working from home, can work more hours :BouncyHappy::Hellooo:
Andy, thanks for the info. I always visit that site.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cinmickey28
17th July 2008, 10:36
Hello Penny, you're so lucky to find a work at home. Good luck on ur your choosen career! I know you will do well as it seems you are a very determined person. I am just starting my web design training and maybe other IT training as well later on but hopefully like you, I will be able to find one soon as I would really like to work at home as well.

giants
17th July 2008, 12:40
Hi Giants what MCP/s you hoping to take?

Keep and idea on the latest rulings in India and China i think it is, only nationals can take the exam they may role it out further you never know.

People on here might know

http://msforums.ph/forums/

Certainly cheaper only 40 quid or so per exam i wonder if vouchers work over there:D before you know it they be paying you.

What do you I mean? I am not allowed to take the exams? Please explain it further.

Thanks

andypaul
17th July 2008, 19:00
What do you I mean? I am not allowed to take the exams? Please explain it further.

Thanks

Whoops was possibly distracted by the tv or something when typing.

I meant keep an eye on the latest policy for taking exams as you may or may not know when you go to book exams for mcp it warns you only indian and chinese nationals can take the exams in those respective countries.
I would not be suprised if they rolled it out to other countries.

Due to people taking exams on peoples behalf etc.

joebloggs
17th July 2008, 20:04
what m/s one is worth taking andy ?

vista looks like a dead duck, was thinking of the l8st server one ?

pennybarry
18th July 2008, 10:00
Hello Penny, you're so lucky to find a work at home. Good luck on ur your choosen career! I know you will do well as it seems you are a very determined person. I am just starting my web design training and maybe other IT training as well later on but hopefully like you, I will be able to find one soon as I would really like to work at home as well.

Thanks Cinmicky!!! I am pleased to hear such inspiring words! :xxgrinning--00xx3:You are right I am well determined to learn and improve my career. Although there are some discouragement from somewhere else, I took it as a challenege and understands people with boring life.:action-smiley-081:
I believed we will all get there, with all our patience and perseverance:xxgrinning--00xx3:. So go for it !!!

cinmickey28
18th July 2008, 11:48
I agree with you Penny! Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory as they said.

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful so like you I will go for it. Thanks.

andypaul
18th July 2008, 19:21
what m/s one is worth taking andy ?

vista looks like a dead duck, was thinking of the l8st server one ?

Servers me thinks

I still think the server client industry gonna go big time with engery prices to go even more loopy

joebloggs
19th July 2008, 00:39
Servers me thinks

I still think the server client industry gonna go big time with engery prices to go even more loopy

yes server is the major one i think, at least its more interesting than SQL :D

not given up on that thou, if it kills me, i'm gonna finish it next time :icon_lol:, damn theory just so boring :doh

and PennyBarry those who put you down, thier just jelly belly :NoNo:

andypaul
19th July 2008, 09:24
Best way to sock it back to those who dis you is to be a sucess some of the most driven and sucessful people are those that were told they would never suceed and used that as the motorvation to prove them wrong.

Joe if you want something more intresting than sql then watching the results of painting a wall and watching it dry come to mind.

If the predictions of the last few days become true where engery will basically double in price engery efficency will become far more important to mant it dept and servers are the way forward