PDA

View Full Version : Applying new/renew passport in the Phils but Marriage C. issued abroad.

Anne
14th June 2006, 12:30
Hello guys,

Has anyone here had an experienced to amend their Phil. passport in Philippines but the Marriage Certificate issued abroad (marriage held abroad)??

Please guys I need your answers.

Thanks

ginapeterb
14th June 2006, 17:23
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anne &#064; Jun 14 2006, 12&#58;30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hello guys,

Has anyone here had an experienced to amend their Phil. passport in Philippines but the Marriage Certificate issued abroad (marriage held abroad)??

Please guys I need your answers.

Thanks
[/b][/quote]

You need to expand your story a little Anne before we can make a determination of best advice...where are you ? UK or PHils ? UK Marriage cert ? we need to know more &#33;

Look forward to hearing the story.

Pete

Anne
14th June 2006, 18:35
I thought no one will ever answer my question (as I have posted similar question here before, but got no answer).
But anyway, I thanks for your reply.

Right, quick story about my life..

I applied for Leave to Remain to the HO but refused (hubby and daughter are british). Hubby and I been living together since 2002. Married Oct 2004, applied LTR Feb 2005, received refused letter March 2006, and I have until 5 July 2006 to remain here in UK. But my passport already expired March 2003, I cannot hold my passport until the day of my departure. Wanted to renew my passport first before travel but no chance.
Now Im going to travel with my expired passport and travel document that the HO will issue to me.

My problem as well is that when I go back to my country (hubby and daughter are coming with me) I&#39;m going to lodge my spouse visa application (evidence,etc all prepared) and my problem is to renew my single name expired passport in Phil.which is im worried that the DFA might wont accept it becuase my MC is not issued from NSO (marriage held UK). and one more thing we still haven&#39;t done the marriage registration thing to the PhilEmb. Im really confused and don&#39;t know what to do..

I been told that I could get my MC authenticated by FCO then PhilEmb. but I got replied as well from asawa.org that authenticating thing is not my business, basicaly just register my Marriage to the PHilEmb and they are the one who will send my marriage report/MC to the NSO in Phils. and the NSO will issue me a copy.

Anne
14th June 2006, 18:54
I need your advice guys...

If I can&#39;t adopt my married name to my passport (If I can&#39;t renew it in Phils).. do you think it will be OK to apply spouse visa with my single name passport??? and just explain it to the ECO what happened????&#33;&#33;&#33;

ivor&mel
14th June 2006, 19:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anne &#064; Jun 14 2006, 06&#58;54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I need your advice guys...

If I can&#39;t adopt my married name to my passport (If I can&#39;t renew it in Phils).. do you think it will be OK to apply spouse visa with my single name passport??? and just explain it to the ECO what happened????&#33;&#33;&#33;
[/b][/quote]I would think that trying to explain something irregular to an ECO is not a good approach? Far preferable to have everything in order before you encounter an ECO...

I&#39;m still trying to get my head round your history... What sort of visa did you enter the UK on and what sort of visa do you have at the moment? You lived with your future husband from 2002 and then married in October 2004... both events in the UK? But your passport expired in March 2003? Didn&#39;t you have to show your passport as part of the marriage application? Is it possible to marry with an out-of-date passport style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

Then you applied for "LTR" in February 2005: is that ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)? But the application was not rejected till March 2006? Or should that Feb/Mar be both in the same year? And can you say on what grounds the application was refused?

I&#39;m just trying to get a clear picture of where you&#39;re coming from and where you&#39;re going&#33;

Ivor and Mel