PDA

View Full Version : Tacloban builders

subseastu
1st June 2008, 10:23
Morning all

The wife and me are looking to go out to the phils for chrimbo (dependant on spiralling airline prices!) and trying to either buy a house in Tacloban or more probably buy some land in the province (Villareal, Western Samar) and build. I know building will take a period of time and to be honest I don't even know where to start.

Does anyone know of the process involved and of any architects / builders in the Tacloban / Western Samar area. We unfortunately won't be there for most of this process so we'll be relying on family and builder honesty. A rocky road I know but I'm lucky with the wife's family as they're a good bunch.

Look forward to any suggestions.

jencha8569
1st June 2008, 10:28
hello

planning to build a house in samar is cheaper than in tacloban area. many architects in tacloban just try to ask ur wifes fam maybe they know someone.

subseastu
1st June 2008, 11:37
Unfortunately the wifes family can't really get into tacloban that often so we'll have to do it when we go. We'll try to use the family when / if we start to build. I think the main problem we'll have to start with is going to be finding the owners of any land we're interested in. Most seem to move away from the province so its getting word to them third or fourth party etc. Think its going to be a drawn out process.

jencha8569
3rd June 2008, 14:57
just wanna ask what land you want to have (city/municipal center or suburb part) and where exactly (samar or tacloban) ? prices varies on what u really want.
architects or engineers you can find here in tacloban in fact i know some. just ask if you need something..

cheers

subseastu
8th June 2008, 09:59
I think we'll be looking to get something in the province in samar. To be honest the perfect land would allow a house to be built with a rice farm connected. we'll be looking to build a simple house. Just worried about getting cheated by builders with sub standard materals etc.

keithAngel
8th June 2008, 13:11
I think we'll be looking to get something in the province in samar. To be honest the perfect land would allow a house to be built with a rice farm connected. we'll be looking to build a simple house. Just worried about getting cheated by builders with sub standard materals etc.

I met a really nice New Zealand woman over the week end who is living in Samar (cant remember location) She is working for a foreign boss building up a small resort and already has good connections.

She is returning in a couple of weeks and i have her Phillis phone number if you pm me i can tell you more

subseastu
13th June 2008, 10:32
Hi sorry for the late reply but its been murder getting to work so this is the first chance to get back on the t'internet. Unfortunatly I don't think I can pm anyone yet, I think its to do with the number of posts.

I am interested in this person though.

jencha8569
13th June 2008, 22:48

well a rice farm and a house is nice
yes i understand ur concern people
are people. i suggest whoever engineer
or architect u hire see to it that u will
always check their work.