PDA

View Full Version : Checklists

Philip
11th June 2006, 16:31
Hi there!

Dont know if anyones noticed, but they've put up application form checklists at the ukvacs site...

http://www.ukvacs.net/CheckList.htm

They make it sound so straight forward&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ivor&mel
11th June 2006, 16:49
Hi there!

Dont know if anyones noticed, but they've put up application form checklists at the ukvacs site...

http://www.ukvacs.net/CheckList.htm

They make it sound so straight forward! :D Just had a quick look - is there anything more than the previous skimpy details that used to be available? And I see they still say that it's OK to apply even if you don't have a Decree Absolute...

Ivor and Mel

Philip
11th June 2006, 18:12
Yup it says that...

"...If not available, evidence that a legal proceeding has started for the divorce or annulment".

andypaul
11th June 2006, 18:22
Wow if we had a simple list like that it would have made life so much easier style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

ginapeterb
11th June 2006, 20:51
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manila bound &#064; Jun 11 2006, 06&#58;12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yup it says that...

"...If not available, evidence that a legal proceeding has started for the divorce or annulment".
[/b][/quote]

And you know guys, that statement causes more problems and heartache than any other incorrect statement that has ever been put on there, the fact of the matter is, you cannot get a visa for your Fiancee, when you tell them and show them documentary evidence that a proceeding has been started, its a total bum steer.

As usual SNAFU &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Philip
11th June 2006, 21:16
I like how they also say in the section about proof of contact...

" Please note that you are not legally obliged to provide such correspondence, however they may assist the Entry Clearance Officer in reaching a descicion ob your application."

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Escuse my stupidity, but what does this bit mean?

"If you are being sponsored by your Fiance(s) or same sex partner, you will also need to provide in addition to the standard requirements: (we accept copies of documents orioginating from the UK)."

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif

ivor&mel
11th June 2006, 21:42
I like how they also say in the section about proof of contact...

" Please note that you are not legally obliged to provide such correspondence, however they may assist the Entry Clearance Officer in reaching a descicion ob your application."
Of course there is no legal obligation; it's just a polite way of saying that if you don't provide them, you're stuffed :D

Escuse my stupidity, but what does this bit mean?

"If you are being sponsored by your Fiance(s) or same sex partner, you will also need to provide in addition to the standard requirements: (we accept copies of documents orioginating from the UK)."
It's probably easier to copy/paste than write it all out again! It actually says "fiance(e)! "fiance(s) would probably apply only to Mormons and other masochists :Erm: I suppose UKVACS should be :appl: for trying, but these PDF files are not a great step forward in my opinion.

Philip
11th June 2006, 21:48
Hah, yeah I cant copy from a pdf file&#33;?

and double hah-hah, now I get it&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

ivor&mel
11th June 2006, 22:16
Hah, yeah I cant copy from a pdf file!?

and double hah-hah, now I get it!!! Can't you? I can! :cool: Mind you, it's never obvious with Acrobat... hate that hand tool being the default... Do you see the hand in the Tool Bar? To the right of it, it says Select: just click that and you can then select and copy text.